DO NOT BUY! Magnum Farce 2" drop spindles are junk

-
Generally, early and late wheels have different backspace when going from SBP (less) to LBP (more).

I was out but I want to thank every one for their input.

I will post an update on Pams Jamaican Blue Baby when I get it fixed or get f'd.

PO

Mop

Generally, early and late wheels have different backspace when going from SBP (less) to LBP (more).

I know.

7" with 4.5 bs should easily fit under the car. Anything more than 4.5" bs on a 7" wheel is hard to find unless you use import style wheels.

I am exhausted.....down every avenue.

I ran Magnumforce 2" drop spindles on my Challenger for years. And tens of thousands of miles.

They don't move the spindles any more than the 73+ disk spindles do. I have the same wheels on my Challenger now as I did with my Magnumforce drop spindles, no change in offset. I am running them with 11.75" Mopar rotors. Same set up with the drop spindles as with the 73+ spindles that are on the car now.

The wilwood disk set up is likely what makes most of the offset change. The change to 73+ disk brakes is more like 3/8". But that's not unique to Wilwood, a lot of the aftermarket disk kits change the offset in one direction or the other. The 13" Dr Diff kit on my Duster moved the track with out about 3/16", and that's in addition to the 73+ rotors.

At any rate, what size tire are you trying to run up front? Even with a 17x7" and 4.5" of backspacing, you should be able to get a 245/45/17 under there with the stock 73+ brakes. If you want to keep your rims, you should be able to ditch the Wilwoods and just go with the regular 10.8" mopar disks. If you want, I can even ship you a set of caliper brackets for those brakes. Free of charge. Then you'd just need rotors, calipers, and bearings.

***edit***

Sorry, I realized you're probably trying to run the Wilwoods to stay SBP. In which case, switching to BBP 73+ disks won't help.

I'm not even close to that.

225/45/17 I should have plenty of space.

Not running SBP either. I also know it's the brakes but MF specs them and my beef is that they say they fit early a bodies but don't mention the track width change when doing so. My bad for not knowing that change would occur....as I mentioned I am a pre 70's baby.

Just frustrated.:banghead:

So like i said I have a plan and that plan may work. I appreciate your offer though.

Stand by.

P.S.

If my idea flies into the drink then I will try your idea. I know what your saying about the stock rotor.

Thanks again.

Mop

I'm not even close to that.

225/45/17 I should have plenty of space.

Not running SBP either. I also know it's the brakes but MF specs them and my beef is that they say they fit early a bodies but don't mention the track width change when doing so. My bad for not knowing that change would occur....as I mentioned I am a pre 70's baby.

Just frustrated.:banghead:

So like i said I have a plan and that plan may work. I appreciate your offer though.

Stand by.

Yeah with a 17x7" and 4.5" backspace with a 225/40/17 you shouldn't have any clearance issues at all with a 73+ style spindle. Those Wilwood disks have to be your offset problem. You should be able to run stock 73+ disk brakes and have a TON of clearance. Compared to the 275/35/18's that I have, with 73+ disks you should have an extra .4" clearance. And my combo doesn't rub. Now, granted, that's Duster vs. Barracuda, but from what I know about the 67-69 barracuda's it shouldn't matter, they have plenty of fender clearance. Maybe even more than my Duster.

If your plans with the Wilwoods don't pan out, I would just go to a stock 73+ disk set up. You could even run the later 11.75" rotors with those 17's.

On my GTS I had to go to a 4.75 back spacing on a 17x7 rim to get the tire (215/45/17) about ~3/4" inside the fender. The problem is Barracuda, Duster, 67-69 Dart, 70-up Dart all have different sized and shaped wheel wells. So what works on one may not so well on another. I ended up buying custom wheels to fit my set up of 73-up 11.75 discs and stock a body 8-3/4 with LBP axles and 11" rear drums. After hours of math, Tape measure and square and measure again I ended up with a 17x7 with 4.75 BS and a 17x8 with 5.25 BS for the rear (I wanted to run staggered). I know is sucks, I had to sell a set of rims that just would not fit and eat $1k for new rims. All because the track was widened and back in 1997 (back when Magazines and books were the information super highway) when I did my swap, none of the guides mentioned the track width getting wider either, with the stock stuff.

On my GTS I had to go to a 4.75 back spacing on a 17x7 rim to get the tire (215/45/17) about ~3/4" inside the fender. The problem is Barracuda, Duster, 67-69 Dart, 70-up Dart all have different sized and shaped wheel wells. So what works on one may not so well on another.

I'm pretty aware of the differences. The Barracuda's actually have as much, if not maybe more, fender clearance than the Duster's do, which is as much as any of them have. The only issue with the Barracuda's is the front corner of the wheel opening, but with a 225/45/17 that shouldn't be an issue, that's a pretty short tire. Usually only an issue with 26" tires.

Mosleyme runs 255/40/18's on his Barracuda with an 18x9" rim and a 6.38" backspace, but he also has the 13" Dr Diff rotors on his car so that's an extra 3/16" on the width, so figure 6.2". That means the 225/45/17's momoparman has should be within .1" of those with his 17x7's and 4.5" offset. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showpost.php?p=1970451702&postcount=485

That said, the tires on my Duster stick out another .4" past mosleyme's. I don't think the 225/45/17's will be an issue with the stock 73+ brakes on the drop spindles.

I'm pretty aware of the differences.

I wasn't calling you in question, in fact you helped me when I was measuring up rims for my car. What I said was more more of an FYI to the OP if he's looking at others wheel and tire combos.

Not looking for wheels and tires since these are brand new and they should work regardless plus I have the max amount of offset that this style offers. Tire hits at the top of the fender not the leading edges btw.

I'm looking into modifying the hubs that I have first.

I'm going to take 72blunblu's advise and try stock brake parts if I can't get the Wilturds to work.

F##K Magnum Farce and Wilturd as together they teamed up to make money selling things that wont work then they don't bother to help when they are called out. I offered them a chance to make it right several times and they refused to help and that's a fact.

I'll never use either again and I will let anyone who wants to know why.

Do you have the part # for the Wilwood kit?

I'm done ranting and I'm moving on to solving the problem mode.

72blunblu I will get back to you if I can't make it happen.

Thanks again to all for your advise and input.

Mop

-
Back