Do these hub caps exist?

-

bighammer

Reaction score
This is only a picture / painting, not a photo, so I want to know if the hubcaps even exist, are they correct for a 70 Dart? I've been looking for a set.

Thanks

Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 501
Those are just red striped dog dish caps, also known as poverty caps. Not too hard to find, I've got about 30. That pic shows them with beauty rings.

Those are just red striped dog dish caps, also known as poverty caps. Not too hard to find, I've got about 30. That pic shows them with beauty rings.

Just how many does one guy need??

If you are selling, I'm interested,

Thanks

Mark

they are correct for 69-72 after 73 the switched to the plain cap that was same for dodge and plymouth

the red circle one is correct for dodge only ..the plymouth counter-part actually said "plymouth division"

they were never available from the factory with the trim rim either

my 69 dart has them.

Attachments

• CIMG2388.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 484
They are standard with Steel Wheels.

Attachments

• 70dart.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 459
ya but those exact ones in the pic don't really exist, seeing as they don't have the dodge emblem in the middle...

they are correct for 69-72 after 73 the switched to the plain cap that was same for dodge and plymouth

the red circle one is correct for dodge only ..the plymouth counter-part actually said "plymouth division"

they were never available from the factory with the trim rim either

my 69 dart has them.
You sure about that? Didn't they offer them on the 70 T/A challengers with the beauty ring?

ya but those exact ones in the pic don't really exist, seeing as they don't have the dodge emblem in the middle...

Over the years I have seen quite a few of the plain ones at the swap meets. I never bought them because I thought they were aftermarket. Where did that picture come from. The trim rings look wide for our cars too.

You sure about that? Didn't they offer them on the 70 T/A challengers with the beauty ring?

ok, reworded ...no A-body ever came factory with the trim ring/ poverty cap combo.

i am not sure about E-bodies but what i am concluding from the E-body resto guide by Paul Herd ....is no...the E-bodies didnt either ....i think its a restorer's idea ....again i could be wrong ....but im saying not factory ....dealer installed (big maybe) ....and definately a restorer's interpretation. :happy1:

Another thing......the red line hubcaps came in either aluminum or stainless steel. I personally don't like the aluminum ones, I only use the stainless. Yes, they do weigh a little more.

70 T/A Challengers came standard from the factory with 15 x 7 steel wheels, that cap with a Dodge emblem and used a trim ring, Rallye Wheels where optional on the T/A. On the 70 AAR Cuda 15 x 7 Rallye Wheels were standard equipment.

Over the years I have seen quite a few of the plain ones at the swap meets. I never bought them because I thought they were aftermarket. Where did that picture come from. The trim rings look wide for our cars too.

I got the picture off ee-bay, supposedly licensed by Mopar, but not likely. I'm thinking of making my car look like a 340 swinger.

70 T/A Challengers came standard from the factory with 15 x 7 steel wheels, that cap with a Dodge emblem and used a trim ring, Rallye Wheels where optional on the T/A. On the 70 AAR Cuda 15 x 7 Rallye Wheels were standard equipment.
And was that a polished trim ring to match the polished cap?? The rallye wheels would have got the brushed trim ring??

I have seen them both ways. Galen had written an article years ago about the brushed or polished uses on the 15" wheels then change his thinking years later. So maybe Barry Washington from the T/A registry would know more about that but i don't have a definitive answer and don't know if anybody does for sure.

And was that a polished trim ring to match the polished cap?? The rallye wheels would have got the brushed trim ring??

I got the picture off ee-bay, supposedly licensed by Mopar, but not likely. I'm thinking of making my car look like a 340 swinger.
This has always been one of my favorite mopar drawings.

Attachments

• 70doddartdwinger.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 245
This has always been one of my favorite mopar drawings.

Matt, hey, yours is the same poster I have. Mine, though, is a lighter blue. Yours looks like the B5 blue, as seen in the first post. Wanna trade? :blob: My car is B5 blue, seller did not have that in stock when I bought mine.

Mark

All the red lines I have ever seen have the dodge emblem in the middle. Have never seen a car with poverty caps and trim rings. I may try that on mine now, to see if i like the look.

Matt, hey, yours is the same poster I have. Mine, though, is a lighter blue. Yours looks like the B5 blue, as seen in the first post. Wanna trade? :blob: My car is B5 blue, seller did not have that in stock when I bought mine.

Mark
I dont have the poster sorry, just the picture.

-
Back