ResizedImage_1324612600214.jpg

Wipers don't work.
Turn signal sticks on the right side-easy fix
No heater or fan
Roll bar cut out stubs left
No carpet
No rear seat

ResizedImage_1324612706461.jpg

Id pass, just by the pics. Slapped together, and painbt thrown over garbage!. Can still see the overspray in the wheelwells, yet it is blistered in spots? Wtf?

Im gonna say yes. If the drive train is recently rebuilt and clean thats worth 4-5k alone. If thats the worst spot on the body your doing good.

Im gonna say yes. If the drive train is recently rebuilt and clean thats worth 4-5k alone. If thats the worst spot on the body your doing good.

No idea on miles on engine but it doesn't smoke and runs good.

Offer him 3,500. It's nothing special & you have to put at least 3k into it to make it a 50-footer.....

I'm not saying yes here, but I'm on board with that thought about the drivetrain. There's some value in that rear end too, but I'd say the body is worth about $500. I'd feel him out about how bad he wants it gone and make an offer accordingly. I'm thinking $3500, tops. Check out what year the 440 is.....maybe it's a steel crank motor :cheers: (except we all know it's out of a '78 Imperial....lol) :sad1:

That's a heavy metal headbanger car if I ever saw one!!! :headbang:

I tried to sell mine in the heat of summer for $4000. I couldn't get $4k in cash so I traded it. I live 3.5 hours from you.

That does have a better rear than mine. However, mine had stock paint and interior and was cleaner overall. Most everything worked and it hadn't been modded at all prior to my ownership. Lots of new parts including the whole Shumacher kit. Mellow 440.

I'd say 3500 would be about right, with 3k making me happy as a buyer.

Cool car though. Is it the one that had a massive stroker motor in it? There was a blue one on CL with a nice stroker in it for around 5k recently. At least I thought so...

Needs some work, but I'm going to disagree with most folks here and say that yes it is worth it. Kinda too bad that it still isn't intact with its original 340, but it's clean enough to drive and have fun with. But with that said, I'd try to get the guy down from $5k, but only to get a better deal. You couldn't buy the parts for $5k.

I tried to sell mine in the heat of summer for $4000. I couldn't get $4k in cash so I traded it. I live 3.5 hours from you.

That does have a better rear than mine. However, mine had stock paint and interior and was cleaner overall. Most everything worked and it hadn't been modded at all prior to my ownership. Lots of new parts including the whole Shumacher kit. Mellow 440.

I'd say 3500 would be about right, with 3k making me happy as a buyer.

Cool car though. Is it the one that had a massive stroker motor in it? There was a blue one on CL with a nice stroker in it for around 5k recently. At least I thought so...
I bought the car to put the engine in my 67 Charger.
I wanted to know what I could get for it in a fast sell,
Will probably trade it also.
Some pics of the engine.
440 Source internals.
512 ci.

2011-12-22_19-09-35_47.jpg

ResizedImage_1325036916328.jpg

2011-12-22_19-09-58_309.jpg

Glad to know the engine went to a good home. I remember it being a nice buy.

I'd like to have another but I am putting all of my $ into my shop currently. The guy I traded mine to got rid of it. Maybe it is on the board here....it was in Portland.

Anyways, good for you! It does also have some much better wheels than mine did.

Good luck with your sale.

ROB

That things a POS. I'll give ya $200 for scrap. Just kidding Marvin!! Have fun with your new engine.
Mike

boy, where do i go to sell hese engines!. i need to move out west!. 4k for a basically stock 440 and trans? what the fak? get out of here. i see and hear so much crap on here!. a rebuild kit costs like 200.00 whhere do you see 4-5k?

any local yard here gets 500.00 for a good running/rebuildable engine/727 trans. and if you hit the u pull it, the engines are 165.00 and 80 for trans!. performer intake, cam, and headers do not make up the difference, even if they are new, let alone being used.lmao

You did good. Are you going to part it out? Hopefully someone can use it.

Matt

My 73 Sport

1973 Dodge Dart Sport, 360, Drag radials, 12.20 1/4 mile 7.82 1/8 mile

Attachments

• new 009.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 412
boy, where do i go to sell hese engines!. i need to move out west!. 4k for a basically stock 440 and trans? what the fak? get out of here. i see and hear so much crap on here!. a rebuild kit costs like 200.00 whhere do you see 4-5k?

any local yard here gets 500.00 for a good running/rebuildable engine/727 trans. and if you hit the u pull it, the engines are 165.00 and 80 for trans!. performer intake, cam, and headers do not make up the difference, even if they are new, let alone being used.lmao

Notice the word IF. Going by what the original post had didnt specifiy if things were newer or old. I said if the DRIVE TRAIN not just the motor. Engine, trans, rear. And please show me a 440 rebuild kit for $200. As rebuildable cores yes you are correct. I was assuming things may have been rebuilt as the trans says Rebuilt.

340plot,
I'm not sure what you are trying to say and I'm not calling you out on any of this.

That being said,I was trying to get a feel for what I might be able to sell the car for.

I was at Wild Cat auto yesterday.
Most people know Ed Yost.
He has a Mopar wrecking Yard In the Portland OR area.
He has a 73 Dart Sport 340 roller,needing both rear 1/4 and lets just say my car is in better shape.
He wants $1600.

I know I won't get what I think the car is worth,but lets think about what the car has in it.

8 3/4 rear end-400
3.91 third member not the cone one,just rebuilt-500
Dutchman axels and grean bearings-300
Rebuilt transmission with a shift kit done by my sponsor,I got it free but lets say $500
Torque convertor 2500 with anti ballooning plate because I want to be able to spray anything I have.again free but let say $400
Good running 440 cast crank,Performer intake<holley carb 500
Schumacher mounts 100
Super Comp headers 350
Aluminum radiator 100
Summit wheels used 200
Body with a stock hood included 1000
New 40 exhaust with turn downs 3 inch 200

So those saying $3000-4000 are right on the money that's what I will be asking or would trade.

That's what I like about this board,I get a lot of idea's here.

I'd say thats a reasonal ball park figure. If you can score for 3-3500 you the makings of a decent car.I hope you get what you need out of it.

Womanator:
I think your prices and estimates of what the car is worth is fair.

-
Back