does anybody make a coffemaker worth a damn!

-
KEURIG

28836755-177x150-0-0.jpg

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/Keurig_Special_Edition_B60_Brewer_Coffee_Machine

Best cup of coffee I have ever had..We've had ours for about a year now, and I love it.

It produces a repeateable, delicious cup of coffee EACH and EVERY TIME.

Makes all of our other coffe makers obsolete (IMHO)

-

I absolutely agree with you, mike. My wife gave me one for Christmas a year ago, and I put it to work every day.
A fresh cup of coffee each time. No cooked down crap from sitting in the pot for 30 minutes or more.

I will probably never go back to a pot type coffee again.
Some people complain about the price of the K-cup coffees, well there is a adapter you can buy that allows you use your bulk coffees in it, too.

If anyone here is a real "coffee drinker" I highly recommend that you take the plunge. I've been using home style coffee makers since they were first introduced back in the early 60's. The KEURIG beats them all, hands down.

..we have hard water and never get more than a year out of any machine
.went with a melita manual dripper
.my neighbour roasts and sells 27 different varieties of coffee and i never have coffee that has been roasted more than a few days and we grind only about 3 days at a time....We're so spoiled!
Sumatra,Bali,Ethiopian,Columbian,Costa Rica...oh my!

I tossed out the Mr Coffee years ago and refuse to spend the butt load of money needed to buy any electric coffee maker.

I do have three french presses laying around the house gathering dust because my current preferred coffee maker of choice is the Starbucks app on my iPhone.

I'd look to see if you have a low voltage problem.
Volts go down, amps go up, electric stuff frys.
Just a thought, I use B&D, no problems.

Ummmm, when voltage goes down, so does current I=E/R, e=IR ohm's law.

Secondly, my son bought me one of these for Christmas 2010, yeah, it's a Mr coffee, but it is still going strong and brews a 10 cup pot in under 5 minutes into a thermal carafe

FF

Attachments

• mrcoffee.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 109
i have a nice black and Decker i inherited when a friend moved crossed country, the nice thing is that its auto shut off and doesn't use a filters, you just wash out the screen, this thing surveied 4 years in a punk house. still runs as strong as my 318

There was a good looking one at Dunkin Doughnuts the other morning. They must have just hired her. Real nice lady.

Sorry, I thought some of you were talking about your women. Go back and read some of your answers and picture your answers as your women being the coffee maker in the question. Funny **** here .I'll tell ya.

I've went thru 3 different coffeemakers in a friggin' year! One B&D, one Mr. Coffee (the WORST!) and one Hamilton Beach. My dumb@$$ threw away the box and stuff to the one month old B&D last week and this morning it took a dump. It lights up when you hit the Start button but nothing happens. I'm sick of this Made in China crap and it's starting to boil over but we (the consumer) are hog-tied. I don't want to pay $200+ for a restaurant style maker to crowd up my kitchen counter for a few cups of usage a day but man, what's a bloke to do????
Take it easy MT ...
Sit down and B r e a t h ....
get that pulse under control....
Coffee maker-RAGE is a sure sign it's Time to Switch over to DE-CAF

I've went thru 3 different coffeemakers in a friggin' year! One B&D, one Mr. Coffee (the WORST!) and one Hamilton Beach.

All made in the same garbage dump in China and marked up three thousand percent for sale to us dumb North Americans who think "standard of living" is measured in terms of how much crap we own. :roll:

I got sick to damn death of it, too. Last one I bought was a Saeco unit from Fry's for $100. Piece of crap broke/failed/leaked/flooded/did everything but make a simple damn pot of coffee. Turns out Philips owns the Saeco brand; I may live in Canada but I was born in America so I know how to throw a peeved-consumer temper tantrum, and that's what I did until they agreed to refund my purchase price. Not long after, I got my $100 back.

Then I bought one of these and a box of these. Total cost under $50. Filter unfolded and placed in top, coffee ground and put in filter, water boiled in pan on stove, poured overtop of grounds. Result: Coffee. Only way to break it is to drop the damn thing!

When my grand mother passed away back in 01, and we were cleaning out her house, 1st dibs were on the coffee pot, Mr. coffee...by the men anyways. ladies wanted the china.

-
Back