Does anyone have the crash sheet diagrams for a 1971 Demon?

-

tom999w

Reaction score
I'm going to replace the front frame rails and front end of my Demon after I find a front end for sale. I just need the dims to make sure it gets installed with the correct dimensions. Thanks.

Member @Treblig post .
Your wheelbase may vary .
Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. Other than the wheelbase, would the Valiant/Barracuda diagrams shown in that thread be compatible with a '71 Demon?

Go here and download a factory service manual

Service Manuals – MyMopar

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 7.13.31 PM.png

Despite having a Dodge, you likely will want to download a diagram for a Valiant or Barracuda. The reason for that is the Demon shares the 108" wheelbase with the Barracuda, Valiant, and Duster. Most Dart diagrams are for the 111" Dart wheelbase.

The frame rail measurements up front and in the back that are confined to the front clip or rear clip will be the same, the additional wheelbase is between the front and rear "subframes" in the floor pan. So in the above diagram, most of the measurements will work regardless of the wheelbase, with the exception of the diagonals the go across the floor pan in the middle (ie, the 67" and 158.89" measurements in the top picture).

You can use any year Duster for your Demon's chassis measurements.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks everyone for the replies. Now I just have to find a front end. Thanks.

I have a front and a Barracuda body here that just had a clip installed. There is also one here on a body fixture and one on a rotisserie to look at. Danielsville Pa. This guy drove it in on Friday morning and drove it out Monday. We drop everything out the bottom and then replace the clip. This car took floors also.

20180325_195201.jpg

DSCF2727.jpg

DSCF2730.jpg

DSCF2731.jpg

DSCF2732.jpg

DSCF2718.jpg

DSCF2719.jpg

DSCF2722.jpg

DSCF2723.jpg

Like I said, Its on the lift getting a front suspension. Once the suspension is in and we fill the car it stays until after winter. I get pictures today

When you find a donor car, be sure to take someone else with you as an extra pair of eyes. One of you survey the clip and the other survey it afterward, discuss the pros and cons. Make your decision logically. Either of you may see something the other doesn't. Look it over with critical eyes so that when the repairs are completed you will be able to drive it for many years to come.

It is important to look where the uppers attach . If the inners are rusted behind the uppers they are usually rusty in the rail at that spot. The best way to install it without all the measuring is on a fixture. It can only go on where it belongs. The car can set on here completely assembled. even a bent car can be repaired on this. Take your car to a shop that works on old mopars or they will fuug it up.

This valiant was at 2 Race car fab shops and It was a mess when we got it. The right front rail was over an inch to high. We had to cut the cage to fix the car.

100_0127.JPG

100_0002 (2).JPG

100_0038.JPG

100_0039 (2).JPG

Last edited:
-
Back