Does anyone like 4 door A body mopes?

-
Oldmanmopar,
Do you have front arm rests that you can sell me? Mine is a '73 Dart, 4-door. Apparently, there is a difference in the armrests between 4 and 2 door cars. All of the '73 armrests on ebay are different than mine. (Am I allowed to ask that on this forum? Or maybe wrong place to ask?)
And yes, those are great parts cars. Lots of pristine looking pieces on those!
what color?

I saw this today in the Sacramento area.

9DAE2B5C-68E8-4E94-BE84-9F3DDE6D6CC9.jpeg

56C5EEB0-9910-45DB-B5E2-9A088955A069.jpeg

F61D7ED4-24CC-45A2-881A-F643ED1BDEAC.jpeg

Back in early '70s my sister dated a guy with '69 4 door Dart, green, with V8 emblems on the front fenders. It was the guys parents car. I was some little grimy kid car freak back then. I kept nagging on the guy do a burn out. Took me about 9 months of nagging on the guy burn those tires. Finally one day guy leaves cuts a right turn at the stop sign and does a one wheel peel smoked the tire up.

A lot of A and B bodies share wheel base between two and four doors. Take a rusty 2 door and marry it with a rust free 4 door. Thats whats up.

I have a 71 dart that I finished building in 2006. It's really fun to drive, built 400 eddy heads/727/8.75/mini tubbed/ springs moved in, 295/50/15s Looks stock, but the sound gives it away. I built it because its what I wanted to build, didn't want a 2 door.

1000003763.jpg

Last edited:
From kerndog: I saw this today in the Sacramento area.

Scamp? Nice catch! Until about 5 years ago I would frequently see Darts on the roads used as dailies. Now they've all dried up. Where'd they go?

Scamp? Nice catch! Until about 5 years ago I would frequently see Darts on the roads used as dailies. Now they've all dried up. Where'd they go?
They are still out there sitting under a roof somewhere never driven! and all depends what part of the country you live too.

65brdodge's car is the way to build a four door. Have the extra doors to load groceries and extra doors for people to look at as it passes them at the drag strip. Always a win.
I saw a factory 427 ford Galaxy 4 door at a car collection. Somehow the engine trans combo kinda puts blinders on the extra door to an extent. LOL

I never thought the day would come that I am into 4 doors but here I am. I also have a 68 valiant. I like the way these cars look, drive, and the simplicity.

I picked this up last October for 5 hundred here in Colorado Springs, CO. Slant six / three on the tree.

I'm putting a 318 in it and going grocery shopping lol.

Anything old, even 4 doors are getting to be a thing of the past and worth saving Imo.

20240113_154025 (1).jpg

I'm restoring one now, mainly because it was bought new by my favorite Aunt. My whole family adored her. Besides, it only has 60K miles and was gently driven. Very little wear and tear.
I like my '66 Dart 4-door. Came from an old lady fri to my family in the late 70s

Way back in the 80s (yes I date back always!) I had a friend that built a 64 (or 65?) VERT with a darn max wedge. No it was not a drop in!!! That was when I understood that we should all build what we want and makes us happy. Back then, 99% of the peeps would have, of course, put that darn MX in an early B body! (yes before that coined the term "clone!".and few cared about an early A body anyway. But it made HIM happy!

The first is a 68 100 that I found for my nephew, little old lady car with 38,000 miles. Original slanty that had a couple of push rods fall out and drop into the oil pan. I put a 318/727 into it and upgraded the brakes to BBP discs. The roof racks were in a 68 2-door post that I used to own. The green 4 door in the second pic is a 72 original 318/3 on the tree, now 5.2 Magnum with 3 on the floor. Has 60,000 original miles now, I put many of those on myself.

IMG_1210.jpeg

IMG_0078.jpeg

Great looking 4 door rides, ya'll have. I didn't expect this. Gets me motor-vated.

I "terrorized" the streets and the track with my 73 Valiant "FoDo" with a slant six turbo years ago... I would drive her to race at Maple Grove, South Mountain, Numedia and Beaver Springs dragways - then drove it home..

People tell me I should get something like a coupe or a Dart sport or Plymouth Duster. I say nah, l like my 73 Dart custom sedan.

20221030_131821.jpg

The first is a 68 100 that I found for my nephew, little old lady car with 38,000 miles. Original slanty that had a couple of push rods fall out and drop into the oil pan. I put a 318/727 into it and upgraded the brakes to BBP discs. The roof racks were in a 68 2-door post that I used to own. The green 4 door in the second pic is a 72 original 318/3 on the tree, now 5.2 Magnum with 3 on the floor. Has 60,000 original miles now, I put many of those on myself.

View attachment 1716215333

View attachment 1716215334
I personally liked the old four door A body cars that were purchased by the military similar to the green one here in the back.

Scamp? You're close. The Scamp was a 2 door model with the Dart 111" wheelbase. The brown car I posted was a standard Valiant.
I was passing through Fair Oaks/Citrus Heights and at the intersection of Madison and Van Maren.

I personally liked the old four door A body cars that were purchased by the military similar to the green one here in the back.
I’d love to have the history on that one, it looks so industrial. Radio delete, manual steering and manual drum brakes, 318 3 on the tree with an 8 3/4 and 3.23 gears from the factory.

1975 Dart Custom 318/auto/ac/ps/pdb/stereo/bench. 30K miles.
I bought it two years ago for 3k, just like you would have any good condition five-year-old 30k mile car back in 1980 to get around town. It's going to get used up over the next 20 years. That's just the way it is with cheap family economy cars.
The 318 is nice whipping in and out of traffic around town, but I would rather have the 225 on the interstate. If you've not cruised a 225 A body at 75 mph for hours, well, you might not understand.

Four door attributes.
Easy to get in and out of.
Short doors, less door banging in the parking lot.
Easy access to back seat floor for stuff that don't belong on the clean
seats.
Excellent visibility.
Wing windows for wet driving.
Better back window part way down breeze control so as not to mess up my new hairdo.

The bad, more weather stripping.

Other A body attributes for running around town.
Seats are at a convenient height.
Lots of suspension travel and tire rubber for bad city streets. That's a "really" big deal.
Decent door protection.
Impressive trunk.
Good bumper protection on later ones.

P1010004 (8).JPG

-
Back