Don't look now but here comes another Hurricane

-
6K plus "customers" without power in St Pete/Clearwater.

Tornado warning 5 miles South of us.

We're halfway through a band.
Brother in law left Sarasota yesterday said they be here this evening stay safe you all

My sister in Sebring has had tornado warnings off and on all day. Her neighbor started losing his house siding a couple hours ago so with hours to go that isn’t going to end well.

Now 16K power outages in Pinellas co.

Our most local NWS station has a tendency to go offline early in severe conditions.
It seems to be at least partially up right now and showing 58 MPH gusts as of 4:00 pm.

They're saying landfall between 8 and 10 pm.
Looks sooner to me.

It's getting pretty windy here. Lights starting to flicker !

My Daughter lives in Micco. Says it's supposed to get nasty over there soon.
I know @George Jets lives over there too. (Part time) Ya watching the Weather Channel, they always like t hope everything up.
Good luck , stay safe to all in the areas.

Yes, fortunately up in Minnesota right now > good time to be out of Florida.

Looking like it's heading right over Melbourne /Palm Bay on the East Coast. Been raining there so everything is getting saturated, ripe for floods coming with the hurricane.

Fortunately my spot is on the highest point of elevation in that area, so everything drains away. Mentioned to the neighbors they can use my lot as high ground parking if things begin to flood.

Everything Is anchored down good, let's hope it all stays together.

20240909_081245.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

20241008_151841.jpg

Set up the 35' tall CB Base Station Antenna again yesterday at the shop here in Minnesota to see if I can pick up some "Bounce" out of Florida to get real time reports of what is happening down there.

Was fortunate to get a bounce, CB Signal from the sender in Florida this morning. His handle was "Street Sweeper" the Truckers Friend on Channel 19, Broadcasting out with specifics to help keep people safe with hurricane information. Will check to see if I can pick him up again tomorrow morning when the skip is good. He was saying one Tornado spun up this morning out by Lake Okeechobee. Impossible for me to contact him, it's a one way skip... I just listen.

_________

Was also able to string out the 160' long wire antenna for the Short Wave Radio Reciever. Was able to pick up Radio Station 1.277 AM that is a talk and news show putting out information from Tampa Florida. Will check them out again in the morning also.

20241008_175454.jpg

Short Wave Reciever

☆☆☆☆☆

Just got off phone friend just south of Tampa starting to blow good 75-80 mph and gettin rough

Morning folks! Things are good here at the court house. Building swayed a little. Great view till transformers blew like flicker bulbs on your grandma's Christmas tree. Strong winds. Lots of rain. Actually looks very good outside. Cars driving around. Neighbor said surge was less than last time at 11pm. Storm was leaving Ellenton. Unless the storm pulled in water with the incoming tide we might get lucky. Check in later. Thanks for the well wishes. And yes it does get calm in the eye of the storm. 2nd eye for us!

Hope I'm not jinxing myself. So far does not look too bad in my area. It is too dark to go out and check the property, but I still have the tarp on my "portable garage". Power never went off. Lost cell service, and internet earlier last night, but both are back now. Still raining pretty good.

We're ok up here on the hill! Got some wind and some rain but looks good around here . Lights flickered on and off a few times last night but that's about it!

I talked to my sister in Sebring Florida and she has some flashing and shutter damage. No power or internet and we lost our phone connection just now. All in all the power is the biggest issue because she uses a Cpap to sleep like I do.

High and dry here with a few limbs down.

Got the report back from the neighbor in Palm Bay FL (East Coast), all is good at my place, her house lost 6 shingle tabs from the wind.

Other than that all is good and no flooding there. Nice not having to worry about a major rebuilding/cleanup project.

Glad the city of Palm Bay was able to survive with no major destruction.

Thanks

☆☆☆☆☆

Meanwhile back on Pine Island. This building is from 1904 or was.
Glad to be outta there !

20180629_171459.jpg

IMG_20241010_133704.jpg

Last edited:
Dodged a magnum. Debris. Soffets. Fence. God is good. Gtx back in the stable. No surge. My home just went 100 mph. Dang. Update pics tomorrow

I only had two issues. One was my own fault. Did not put the hairpin clips in the hood pins of the race car (even though I had thought of it), and the wind lifted the hood and ripped it off the hinges (fiberglass hood). Found the hood in the yard.
The other was a fairly large tree in the front yard came down across the road. Private road, so we had to clear it ourselves. 3-4 neighbors about 3 hrs cutting it up into manageable pieces. Could have been much worse.

We are good! I inherited half a tree under and behind the dock. Today's project. Thanks for the blessings.

20241011_093217.jpg

-
Back