Don't look now but here comes another Hurricane

-
Calk all the doors and such, hey it might work:D
Hope your going to evacuate because they saying this is a monster of a storm please be safe we don’t want anybody to get hurt stuff can be replaced lives can’t

Did all doors windows sliders with great stuff. Hopefully the leaks will go out with the same pressure coming in. Not stopping water intrusion. Hopefully doesn't go into the ceiling roof. Next level demo rebuild equipment deal right there. No rear end. Brake line sealed. Fuel line vent sealed. Filler neck sealed. Done all we can do. Leave in the morning. 4th dock piling from the left is 9ft above high tide. Missed flood by 2 feet last time.

20241008_160446.jpg

20241008_160511.jpg

The white egret follows me around. I give him bait couple times a week. Hope he makes it. Will be in a county bldg. 9th floor. Should have an awesome view of this event. Lehgo!

Morning friends. We've prepped as good as we can. My wife's original gtx is in a parking garage at the 3rd floor. The dart (no rear end) is 3 cinder blocks high in the garage. The garage floor is at 7' elevation. Predicted surge now is 10' to 15'. Having lost everything (including a 68 bb 4spd gts dart) to Andrew in 92' we're ready for what ever cards we're dealt. Sucks to have to rebuild and start over at this stage in our lives. But. Instead of having babies, we have grown kids and grand children. They most important things! They have left and will be fine.
I'm hoping my fello mopar friends will evaluate also.

Most of what we have is "stuff". 90% will end up by the street. The priority is the house. We will be ok and we will rebuild. Mopar strong.

View attachment 1716313052
Good luck , lost about 90 % of all our chit back with Ian. We know the feeling. Again, good luck to everyone in the path.

The white egret follows me around. I give him bait couple times a week. Hope he makes it. Will be in a county bldg. 9th floor. Should have an awesome view of this event. Lehgo!

Glad to hear you're leaving for higher ground. So much of your water will depend on where Milton comes ashore. Good luck Mopar buddy!

I lived in Biloxi during Katrina and wasn't going to leave...until we woke up the day before and saw how big it was. Stayed away for 8 days. Thankfully we didn't have any water, just fences blown down and one decent sized Live Oak limb on our roof. Must have hit horizontally as it only scuffed the shingles a little.

Thanks fellas. Rat rod I heard your story from archeologist who picked up the old rear end. New one was on the way from moser. Knew it wouldn't ship in time. They'll hold and ship. Unloading at the bldg. Hopefully above ground staff parking available. If not the ram sits on the street. Was liking that 4.7! Lehgo.

Ram parked next to the crv. 3rd floor protected. Generator 15 gallons gas. Cordless tools and accessories. Food water clothes for 5 days. Gtx is high and dry 3rd floor. God is good.

Ram parked next to the crv. 3rd floor protected. Generator 15 gallons gas. Cordless tools and accessories. Food water clothes for 5 days. Gtx is high and dry 3rd floor. God is good.
Damn, Mike. Didn't realize this is you !
Good luck.

Please everyone be safe and as soon as you can after check in. We’ll be thinking about you.

They keep revising the track to the South.
I suggested five updates ago that it wasn't going to make the movement to the North they kept expecting.
Finally, they changed that.

@RAT ROD AL

Gosh- since that last one couldn't find you, I think this one is trying to go to your last known location.

I went with my gut and finally boarded my South facing French doors and my 52x48 North window that's under the car port.

I'm about as inland as you can get, but they are saying 129 MPH winds possible here.

Now the tornado warnings are coming.

They keep revising the track to the South.
I suggested five updates ago that it wasn't going to make the movement to the North they kept expecting.
Finally, they changed that.

@RAT ROD AL

Gosh- since that last one couldn't find you, I think this one is trying to go to your last known location.

I went with my gut and finally boarded my South facing French doors and my 52x48 North window that's under the car port.

I'm about as inland as you can get, but they are saying 129 MPH winds possible here.

Now the tornado warnings are coming.
We're north on the path a little. In contact with our friends on Pine Island. Sounds like he'll is breaking loose there already. We are preparing for power outtage and maybe 70 mph winds. As long as a tree doesn't fall on our house we should be alright ..

My Daughter lives in Micco. Says it's supposed to get nasty over there soon.
I know @George Jets lives over there too. (Part time) Ya watching the Weather Channel, they always like t hipe everything up.
Good luck , stay safe to all in the areas.

Last edited:
One guy that’s staying hope it works out for him please everyone stay safe hope my brother in-law is on his way here

75029343-33C7-4932-8C78-66879B89207A.jpeg

6K plus "customers" without power in St Pete/Clearwater.

Tornado warning 5 miles South of us.

We're halfway through a band.

-
Back