DOOR GLASS RUN CHANNEL SEALS

-
I got them about three years ago. I realize it may not help you much now but if they have them , they will work fine,
Hope this helps!!
Unless a supplier finds a lost forgotten stash they are all gone with everybody.

Alan

Funny, I thought of you(your plastic company) when the past few threads regarding these came up. Your version looks pretty good!
I'm doing this in my shop Steve, as I walked out of my plastics plant 16 years ago and know better than to walk back in! LOL If I get the channel runs working I will have to take a drive (6000 feet) and get some tooling going to make the H pin sliders.

Yes the repros have an extra curl on them, that needs to go to use them and even then IMHO they're only good for pop out rear window hinges.
windowchannelreprotrim.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the repros have an extra curl on them, that needs to go to use them and even then IMHO they're only good for pop out rear window hinges. I'll find a picture and add it shortly..
Ahh, now I see why the design change, still wand the fuzzy out for best sealing. Anything is better than nothing, I'll keep the flap/wing and deal with the tight window.

Alan

I just might put the H clips on & be done with it but the only problem i have is i only have enough for one door. Can you buy just the H clips ?

Center ones are OEM, outer ones are repo. Black plastic H is OEM, white ones repo.

Or are you saying the the outer and white H are OEM later made mopar parts?
I have taken several cars apart before that have never been apart & the H clips were always white.

2 67 GTXs 1 69 1 68 1 67 barracudas
In looking at the parts books it appears the design change to the style with the wings came in 1968. 1967 would have had the other style, not saying all 67s were the same just what the book shows. My 67 had the style without the wings.

Alan

In looking at the parts books it appears the design change to the style with the wings came in 1968. 1967 would have had the other style, not saying all 67s were the same just what the book shows. My 67 had the style without the wings.

Alan
who knows maybe B bodies were different

have taken several cars apart before that have never been apart & the H clips were always white
Well maybe they changed them at some point, but here is my 67 dart OEM,

IMG_20200329_104442.jpg

Here is the aftermarket replacement.

IMG_20200329_104501.jpg

MMC claimed that the foam between the 67 convertible rear tach strip and the body were always white, my 67 dart were black, and when I got some sheet metal off a 68 or 69 that happened to have that same location the foam tape was also black.

Alan's is black, so I would have to say black is OEM at least in 67.

curl on them, that needs to go to use them and even then IMHO they're only good for pop out rear window hinges
The OEM one looks very wide, might it be from a non hard top? With a window frame around the glass (if such was a thing on a bodies)

My strip did not have the extra curve, (might have fallen / warn off after 54 years)

The factory OEM 2932230 has been out of production since late Summer of 2017 and the last ones that I purchased were in November of 2017. At that time, I bought up every one that was in the Chrysler system. The OEM seals have come and gone at least two other times in the past 12 years. As of April 1, 2021, Chrysler officially made the part NS1 which will basically mean that they are history from the OEM vendor.

The reproductions have been out since around 2012 as I recall. I was involved in the development of those pieces. The current reproductions have been out of production since around August of 2020.

The issues with manufacturing the parts is finding that happy medium so that the part comes out uniformly with each and every production run. Extruding plastic and rubber pieces can be very tempermental and the slightest deviation in any one area will result in an issue. Even with the high tech computerized equipment available today, we see variations in the materials that we manufacture. That has been an issue with the reproductions since day one.

The OEM seals were used from 1966 up through 1993 in the trucks and vans. That is the only reason that they were still available through Chrysler. The 66 and 67 H-pins were slightly different from what I have seen as the black ones posted in the pictures above. The current white H-Pins were more commonly found from 68 through 93. Even the fastener supply company, Auveco, offered the H-Pins up to a couple of years ago, but they have dropped them as well.

The flocking allows the mylar material to move better within the channel. Just as found on modern cars in various weatherstripping areas, a plain rubber extrusion will act as a squeegee against the glass, but the flocking works to make the glass less likely to bind up against the seal.

As for as an alternative, the 62 to 65 B-Bodies used a material similar to velcro that was glued into the channel. Even since the 30's, car manufacturers have been using mohair and mole skin to line glass channels. I can see eventually guys trying to do something of that nature if a reproduction does not come available in the next year or so.

The "wings" of the seal serves two functions. It acts as a seal to keep water and debris from entering into the car. Secondly, the seal also acts as an isolator of the glass to the division bar frame. The H-pins will work in that fashion and the flocking is there so to make it easier to roll the glass up and down.

As for when a reproduction is available and actually ready to ship, I am hearing the same rumors as everyone else. There has been at least three different individuals in the past two to three years that have claimed to be bringing them to the market place. I know of at least one that has the inside track. But with Covid, economic concerns, and a variety of other issues working within the industry, I am of the opinion that until I have inventory sitting on the shelf, it is all talk. I know that we have been told that some of our weatherstripping for the window felts has been on order since June of 2020. The latest ETA is February of 2022. I truly hope that a quality reproduction comes available, but until that time, I am unsure. The other concern is the pricing. The last OEM seals listed in the $87 range from Chrysler. The reproductions were generally selling in the $85 to $100 per pair. Flocking and the H-pins are relatively cheap. The mylar sheets and the production of the channel will be the cost factor. Hopefully the new reproductions will retail in the $100 range for the pair.

Thanks for the insight. :thumbsup:
The factory OEM 2932230 has been out of production since late Summer of 2017 and the last ones that I purchased were in November of 2017. At that time, I bought up every one that was in the Chrysler system. The OEM seals have come and gone at least two other times in the past 12 years. As of April 1, 2021, Chrysler officially made the part NS1 which will basically mean that they are history from the OEM vendor.

The reproductions have been out since around 2012 as I recall. I was involved in the development of those pieces. The current reproductions have been out of production since around August of 2020.

The issues with manufacturing the parts is finding that happy medium so that the part comes out uniformly with each and every production run. Extruding plastic and rubber pieces can be very tempermental and the slightest deviation in any one area will result in an issue. Even with the high tech computerized equipment available today, we see variations in the materials that we manufacture. That has been an issue with the reproductions since day one.

The OEM seals were used from 1966 up through 1993 in the trucks and vans. That is the only reason that they were still available through Chrysler. The 66 and 67 H-pins were slightly different from what I have seen as the black ones posted in the pictures above. The current white H-Pins were more commonly found from 68 through 93. Even the fastener supply company, Auveco, offered the H-Pins up to a couple of years ago, but they have dropped them as well.

The flocking allows the mylar material to move better within the channel. Just as found on modern cars in various weatherstripping areas, a plain rubber extrusion will act as a squeegee against the glass, but the flocking works to make the glass less likely to bind up against the seal.

As for as an alternative, the 62 to 65 B-Bodies used a material similar to velcro that was glued into the channel. Even since the 30's, car manufacturers have been using mohair and mole skin to line glass channels. I can see eventually guys trying to do something of that nature if a reproduction does not come available in the next year or so.

The "wings" of the seal serves two functions. It acts as a seal to keep water and debris from entering into the car. Secondly, the seal also acts as an isolator of the glass to the division bar frame. The H-pins will work in that fashion and the flocking is there so to make it easier to roll the glass up and down.

As for when a reproduction is available and actually ready to ship, I am hearing the same rumors as everyone else. There has been at least three different individuals in the past two to three years that have claimed to be bringing them to the market place. I know of at least one that has the inside track. But with Covid, economic concerns, and a variety of other issues working within the industry, I am of the opinion that until I have inventory sitting on the shelf, it is all talk. I know that we have been told that some of our weatherstripping for the window felts has been on order since June of 2020. The latest ETA is February of 2022. I truly hope that a quality reproduction comes available, but until that time, I am unsure. The other concern is the pricing. The last OEM seals listed in the $87 range from Chrysler. The reproductions were generally selling in the $85 to $100 per pair. Flocking and the H-pins are relatively cheap. The mylar sheets and the production of the channel will be the cost factor. Hopefully the new reproductions will retail in the $100 range for the pair.

I am sure Glad I restored when I did!

The only place to get them in 2014 was Mopar. They were spot on as well!

I just might put the H clips on & be done with it but the only problem i have is i only have enough for one door. Can you buy just the H clips ?
I have found the guides with out the channel run in the past. Ebay maybe? I can't find them again this morning

Doesnt matter to me as long as they work. Now does anyone have a set for 1 door glass they want to sell

If push comes to shove, find a local 3D printer and bring a good one, have it scanned and printed.

Might cost 100.00 for 2 but with the file you could be the go to guy for the part and sell them at 20.00 for a set.

Print 20 or more on same plate, price will be more than for 2 ( material cost)

I tried to order as much **** as I could think of years ago when I started my project, but this is one of the things I missed. Took the glass out and stored it safely away. Now, after wasting a couple hours this morning searching around, I found this thread. Whatta pisser
Mostly it will be a sunny day car with the windows down. I was hoping to maybe take it on a couple trips, and you never know what you’ll run into. I sure don’t want to look like the Roadkill guys though.

-
Back