doug thorley headers

-
I just found them on ebay .. cant find anything on the web site.. will they work with a 6.1?

Lot of A body Guys and Gals use Doug's.I bought a set but I will not be putting them on until spring.Mine look to be very well made.

They are definitely well made.. Thick flanges and they bolt up to the motor nice.. Just hope theg fit as nice in the car

only 1" 5/8 .. TTi are 1" 3/4 this will make a difference !!!! but on an 5.7 should be ok ...

The 1 5/8 will be fine.. I was running 11.50s with my 360 with. 1 5/8 with no issues..

Ive emailed them about 6.1 ... looks like they are 5.7 headers .
hooker also makes 5.7 headers ..

I hope to try to fit them in this wknd.. Not sure how different the heads are from the 5.7. To the 6.1

different shape .. the 6.1 are d shaped .. I don't know about the 5.7

Im still learning abouy the 5.7 myself... This is all new stuff to me
use to runem on the hemi, back in the day. had a set of hookers, but kept blowing them apart-welding them up. the doug thorleys never blew apart-just sayin-bob

use to runem on the hemi, back in the day. had a set of hookers, but kept blowing them apart-welding them up. the doug thorleys never blew apart-just sayin-bob
Good to know.. The quality of these headers look awesome.. The head flange is perfectly flat.. Doesnt look like theres gonna be anh sealing issues thay for sure

I ran a set of b body big blocks on a 451 stroker 69 dart for years without any problems at all.Damn I miss that car..................................Jeff

every thing ive read says e and b only .. 5.7 at most web sites. but a couple of retailers want to advertise 5.7 and 6.1... still waiting to hear back from Dougs... must still be partying LOL

I have no experience with the headers in question.

03-08 5.7 ports are 'square', 6.1 ports are 'D shape', as discussed. You can run 6.1 headers on a 5.7, but cannot run a 5.7 header flange on a 6.1 (significant port mismatch).

5.7 eagle heads (09+ 5.7) have the 6.1 exhaust port.

See below.

Wade

that's it .. Thanks Wade!!
Any feedback on the dougs headers.. I assume that they are 5.7 and wont work with my 6.1?

Ya that's what I figured ... still havnt heard back from Their service to see if they have a 6.1 set up

-
Back