Dougs 67 Notch build

-
I asked the same question a while back and many said jet hot coatings.

Below is my setup to media blast the engine bay and prep for paint. 1 is the setup and before, then we are getting ready to hit it with #70 silica @ 90 psi. Then the progress photo and the final photo, ready for primer/sealer.

BCEB1.jpg

BCEB2.jpg

BCEB3.jpg

BCEB4.jpg

Four more photos, The first two with the epoxy primer/sealer shot on and the second two with the color on. I was about 3 ounces short of the result I wanted so I am having them mix me another pint to hit it again and that should give me enough left over to jamb the car with. Starting to get fun now!:profilel::-D

BCEP1.jpg

BCEP2.jpg

BCEP3.jpg

BCEP4.jpg

totally friggin awesome. a notch in red! can i get a 7734 yea? it's gonna be a nice one.

Yep......patience and determination bein' demonstrated here in FORCE.

Lord forgive me, my flesh is envious and jealous and covetous on this one.

Gonna be an exquisite example. (hope you don't mind that upp-ity word there........your project is amazing so far.)

Looks great, nice compressor too!! That'll make quick work of the scale! How the heck did you keep the neighbours happy with the compressor running out on the road and the sand going everywhere??? Make a beach for the kids?? LOL

After installing my new 5HP air compressor and piping my garage with 1/2" galvanized pipe with 2 retractable reels ect ect I am getting restarted on my car. The taillight dent is the only body damage on the car so it is my priority at the moment. A couple photos to show the progress. I have to heat and shrink some of the metal to get it closer. Will post those photos.
Rat8-)
tl-repair1-jpg.235605
bc-taillight2-jpg.235606
bc-taillight3-jpg.235607

View attachment TL repair1.JPG

View attachment BC taillight2.JPG

View attachment BC taillight3.JPG

Last edited:
Progress looks great! A toolmanmike motor? I like that . LOL

nice job DesertRat...you could write the manual for us rookies.....great detail/pics/and explanations...

nice ride too...

Mopar to ya'
Denny

Last couple days, I brushed the floor & trunk looking for hidden rust. Just a small repair to be made in the trunk. The rest is rock solid! Tonight I removed the dash assy and shifter. Getting ready to prime & color jamb the car. I have a long list of things to buy to put it back together tho--------
78 Kitcar, My floor is coated with the Quickcrete epoxy product I got it at Lowes. I prepped it with 80 Grit wet floor sander which I believe is the secret to success here. ToolmanMike, you are right, our motors are very similar. I followed your entire build. You stayed with farctory induction and solid lifters and I went Eddy performer with Holly carb and Lunati hydraulic setup. I think that is about the only difference. Well, Cheers to all. My next photos will be of the taillight repair.
The one & only DR8-)
baracudadashout-jpg.236720

baracudadashout2-jpg.236721

baracudafloorclean-jpg.236722

baracudatrunkrepair-jpg.236723

View attachment BaracudaDashout.jpg

View attachment BaracudaDashout2.jpg

View attachment BaracudaFloorclean.jpg

View attachment BaracudaTrunkrepair.jpg

Last edited:
I went by Moses Lake 8 times last year- nice area, I like going over to central & eastern WA. (live E of Seattle in Redmond). Enjoying the build progress

Well I got to work on the taillight repair. I had to cut out the inner support to get to the shell of the fender and dolly it out. Once I got it roughed in, I had to weld up the slidehammer pull holes and dolly it some more. I beadblasted the inner support to clean it up for welding and welded it all back in after I got the metal as close as I was going to without going too far. Here are a couple photos of the welding done and the rough mud work fitted in. As you can see, the e-say replacement taillight is not going to cut it for the finished car, but is ok for fitting up.
I am considering the next step. I have the Mustang rotors back from the machine shop and I probably should check fit the rotors to the spindles. I am thinking that I will paint the calipers body color and i could get that done. I need to finish prepping the floor and trunk and get a coat of epoxy primer on all that. I have all the supplies I need to prep the body for color so I should bolt the fenders and doors back on and start sanding & blocking. I did get the door hinges, hood hinges and trunk hinges all bead blasted today and ready for epoxy primer and color. What to do?????What to do???????
Cheers to all, DesertRat!:iconbigg:
bcdentpulled-jpg.240935
bcweldedup-jpg.240936
bcmud1-jpg.240937
bdtlroughedin-jpg.240938

View attachment BCdentpulled.JPG

View attachment BCweldedup.JPG

View attachment BCMud1.JPG

View attachment BDTLroughedin.JPG

Last edited:
Outstanding work.
I'm in the process of building a shop so I have been looking at the shop more than the cuda. lol

-
Back