Dougs 67 Notch build

-
Hey Doug, when you dropped your tranny mount about an inch, did that create any vibration problems or other issues that you had to overcome? Thanks.

Hey Doug, when you dropped your tranny mount about an inch, did that create any vibration problems or other issues that you had to overcome? Thanks.
Other than solving the clearance problem by coming up with a solution and fabricating the drop extensions there were no problems. After install completion I read the fine print in the GV installation manual regarding driveline angles. To this end, after reading the angles I decided to add a pinion angle shim of 1.5 degrees between the springs and the spring perches. This brought the angle delta where it was supposed to be, with the differential input angle slightly down from the transmission output angle. The driveline was not an issue as I took my stock driveline to a pro shop with the GV supplied splined input shaft and they cut down my stock driveline to my length, dynamically balanced it and provided the larger front universal spider and bearings. The car runs vibration free at 80 mph and the GV install was a lot of work but worth it for a road-trip car which mine is.

Other than solving the clearance problem by coming up with a solution and fabricating the drop extensions there were no problems. After install completion I read the fine print in the GV installation manual regarding driveline angles. To this end, after reading the angles I decided to add a pinion angle shim of 1.5 degrees between the springs and the spring perches. This brought the angle delta where it was supposed to be, with the differential input angle slightly down from the transmission output angle. The driveline was not an issue as I took my stock driveline to a pro shop with the GV supplied splined input shaft and they cut down my stock driveline to my length, dynamically balanced it and provided the larger front universal spider and bearings. The car runs vibration free at 80 mph and the GV install was a lot of work but worth it for a road-trip car which mine is.
That's what I'm doing with mine, road trip with a 440/727. Don't want to hammer the floor. Thanks.

-
Back