Drag home??

-

db's demon

Reaction score
I have been looking at this for awhile and am wondering if it is anything special,suppose to be original engine. Would be in the $6000.00 to $6500.00. What do you think????

Attachments

• P9210020.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 420
  • P9210028.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 428
  • P9210027.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 408
  • P9210026.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 394
  • P9210025.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 422
  • P9210024.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 412
  • P9210023.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 413
  • P9210022.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 419
  • P9210021.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 408
Looks like it has potential. 6500.00 sounds a little steep, even for a 340 4spd dart in that shape. looks like it needs a lot of work.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 412
Unusual color combo...

Gold car with a black painted roof.

Seems like too much to me. I would be thinking of $3000 tops. Major body and interior resto plus the engine needs going over. Talk 'em down!

I sure see potential there. I think the price is a little steep but when you add up the part values you are getting way up there if you were looking for them. Is it a number matching car. How much more rust is in it?

I am thinking it should have a vinyl roof???

Nope

VO2 is two tone paint.

If it was a vinyl roof car it would have V1X. The first two paint codes on the second line from bottom would be the same Y4. The first, X9, is the roof color for black paint.

More info is needed to see if it is worth near the asking price:

1. Numbers matching engine and tranny?
2. Does the motor spin freely?
3. If the motor spins freely does it run?
4. If it does run, does it smoke?
5. If it does run, can you drive it to see how the tranny gears are?
6. If it moves, how does the rear end sound?

You adjust the price accordingly.

Looks like it's a Swinger (LM23=Medium price class). I'm not a big numbers guy(I used the VIN decoder on FABO to check the above!).Either way $6K is VERY stiff money for that car. Beat him down if you can, if not, look elsewhere. For that kind of coin, I'd want something I could at least drive home (within reason).

way way to much there are a few cars on kijikij that are rust free from California for around that price.Your nutssssssssssssss to pay that kind of money.

Check out the rad #'s to see if its orig. 340 4spds used different #'s then the 340 auto's. The xhaust manifolds look orig, chk the engine and tranny for #'s. IMO the 340, 4spd and manis are worth $2k up here, so if you got it all in for $4k grab it. That car looks complete...yes rust issues but thats what welders are for right?? Oh yeah if that is a 340 4spd rad I would say that itself is worth $400. Good luck and let us know what ya decide!!

JD340is correct, it's a swinger LM vin

GTS would be an LS vin

just chkd out engine pics again, it doesnt look like orig manifolds, looks like headers, as well it has aftermarket alum intake.

How long has the carb been off it?
If it's been for more than 2 days, the intake manifold would be full of dirt like the engine is, unless someone sealed the intake up.
$3500 at the most is what i would pay if the engine is good and it runs and drives.

6000.00$ does it come with the dude thats going to restore it for you?

3000.00$ tops

..a reation to BJ actions...I hate rust..it is not what you can see, it is what you cannot see...around my neck of the woods..if it was an orginal, numbers matching 340..perhaps..

..we don't have the lurury of our friends down south with so many to choose from...I can count the number of dusters on one hand that I know of in my province..

-
Back