Drag racing isn't dying!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
E0E0C681-CFAD-40FB-BF73-23D172A4FD11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

9C5A4B3D-1B09-4DF4-94BD-CD6D3A88E8B1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I swung by test and tune tonight for the first time in a couple years and was not expecting this crowd. A lot of street cars but I made friends with a guy who had a 03 mustang that was running low twelves at 125! He drove it an hour and a half to the track then drove it home once his water meth started screwing up.

Test & Tune night,is my favorite. No dealing with class/points cars,Jr dragsters,& other stuff. Just street/strip type cars,with some variety. Witch track were you at ,Doogie?

Edgewater raceway. We have three tracks within a hour of each other too so the racers are pretty spread out. Next Friday is the big heads up event at one of the tracks and it usually brings in a few thousand spectators and some real fast cars. I'll get some pictures of that event for sure. It's just cool seeing that many young people into it even if most have slower stuff. On the side of the track with the smaller stands there was trucks lined the entire 1/4 with people hanging out in the beds.

Cincinnati has a huge racing scene but I'm sure there are tracks just as crowded all over the country.

991A55DB-5E9B-456A-BDE5-125D3ED38992.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This was the only abody tonight and I didn't get to see him run.

Famoso (Bakersfield, CA) changed ownership &sponsorship, a few years ago. The T & T nights went from two a month, to one a month.Swamped every time I go to watch.

Ours is every Friday night. I used to complain about the slower crap taking up time and breaking on the track but with more and more tracks closing I am just happy to see such a big interest in racing.

Ours is every Friday night. I used to complain about the slower crap taking up time and breaking on the track but with more and more tracks closing I am just happy to see such a big interest in racing.

I appreciate the response you gave back,Doogie. If the track ran every Friday night, would be completely cool with it.. I have seen such a grassroots response, in quarter mile racing the last 15-20 years.

All our tracks are open now,just for T&T though.I,m heading out today to do some passes as my first Nostalgia event is next weekend.Will report back later with attendance #,s from today,s T&T.:D

Street nights suck..you get all the "wannabe" think they know how to race morons in their "riceburners"..everyother one breaking a axles at the line:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1:keep those cars where they belong ON THE STREET!!!

Street nights suck..you get all the "wannabe" think they know how to race morons in their "riceburners"..everyother one breaking a axles at the line:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1:keep those cars where they belong ON THE STREET!!!
This happens at our T&T also,at least they,re not on the street.Sometimes the track will have one lane for slick cars only.It sure helps when trying to get your 60fts down.There,s always breakage at any T&T...the best is when the kid breaks an axel in daddy,s daily driver.LOL:violent1:

It looks like it may not be dead but, waaaaaay back in the 1980's and 90's you would have been fighting for places to pit. The field out past the return road used to fill up!!! All thru the 1990's I run the NHRA Div 3 points series and was glad to live here because, racers got turned away. Imagine towing for 6 to 8 hours and being told there's no place for you? Racing has gotten better with all the tech and better parts available but, it's almost too expensive for the possible return. I still plan to come back into the fun, at some point, BUT need to finish getting my home paid for, just to have the disposable income, to play with.

I love Test & Tune nights at Bandimere... every Wednesday night and it's always pretty packed, not a whole lot of guys breaking either I'll attribute that to the track elevation being around 6000' which drops power quite a bit. There are definitely always at least one or two heavy hitters there running 8's and such which are fun to watch, overall a pretty good time and a great idea this is how you keep the sport alive and introduce it to young people who are never exposed to street racing because people nowadays know better than they did in the '60s lol

It also exposes all the poser kids who think their car is fast which I love seeing... one run and you never see them again HA!

here in portland t & t every Friday & Saturday night (1/4 mile). Couple heavy hitters. I'm one of the half dozen or so high 11's low 12ers. Lots 13- 14's. And a good handful above that. That's average. Wednesday night massive car show and 1/8 mile points races.

here in portland t & t every Friday & Saturday night (1/4 mile). Couple heavy hitters. I'm one of the half dozen or so high 11's low 12ers. Lots 13- 14's. And a good handful above that. That's average. Wednesday night massive car show and 1/8 mile points races.

yea, just look at all the people in the stands in your pic. used to be people turn out to watch test n tune! 1/8 mile racing killed it for me!

yea, just look at all the people in the stands in your pic. used to be people turn out to watch test n tune! 1/8 mile racing killed it for me!

You got that right 1/8 mile= half a race..wouldn't waste my time.

-
Back