Drag Truck WINS Race! *and weight update

-
My cam originally was a purple performance 464 lift and then went to a 603 lift and now as a 526 lift..
I told Ken if we grind it again it's going to be the circumference of a toothpick in the center LOL..

One thing they cannot move a bunch is the LSA. That is why Matt's is on a 112.

Brian's is on a 109, but he bought the core from Ken at Oregon. Ken said some years had tighter LSAs, and I should have written it down...

Oh, and I plan on moving Old Yeller up by the shop today...
I kinda figured they couldnt change the lsa

Did you ever post the specs on the cam? I thought you did, but can't remember which thread.
I did, but I can't remember where I posted either... LOL. I believe the duration @ 050 is 218/226, and lift is .494/.505(?) with 1.5 rocker (of course, I'll be using 1.6).

I kinda figured they couldnt change the lsa

It depends. They were able to move the LSA on my 331 hemi cam from 113 to 106. Now mind you, the base circle is almost even with the cam core and I had to use custom length adjustable pushrods. Not adjustable because of the cam grind, but so I would have an adjustment going to a solid cam.

It depends. They were able to move the LSA on my 331 hemi cam from 113 to 106. Now mind you, the base circle is almost even with the cam core and I had to use custom length adjustable pushrods. Not adjustable because of the cam grind, but so I would have an adjustment going to a solid cam.

Yeah, I remember that and you had a pretty good core to get that done. You can move a cast iron flat tappet more than a billet core.

Yeah, I remember that and you had a pretty good core to get that done. You can move a cast iron flat tappet more than a billet core.
What hot Rod magazine article did that information come from... Bahahaha..
LOL...:poke:...:rofl:....:D...

That’s not out of a magazine. That’s a simple fact. Cast iron cores aren’t heat treated. Steel cores are.
I had a V8 cam I think it was out of a range Rover or something and I tapped it on the ground and it broke in half! I thought to myself gosh darn that's cheap...

you on my u-tube channel? LOL
someone had posted what apparently was a link and I just popped on there last night for the first time and notice how many videos there was lol... I was like holy crap I don't even think I found the end of the list lol... a lot of them I'd already seen here on you're different threads..

someone had posted what apparently was a link and I just popped on there last night for the first time and notice how many videos there was lol... I was like holy crap I don't even think I found the end of the list lol... a lot of them I'd already seen here on you're different threads..
well, I originally started a youtube channel just for FABO, namely the low dollar 318. I still use it a lot of FABO, but now getting a lot of interest from outside FABO. By the way, did you watch the end of my most recent (yesterday)??? Ole' low dollar 318 smok'n it... :D

well, I originally started a youtube channel just for FABO, namely the low dollar 318. I still use it a lot of FABO, but now getting a lot of interest from outside FABO. By the way, did you watch the end of my most recent (yesterday)??? Ole' low dollar 318 smok'n it... :D
Yes..:thumbsup:...

I painstakingly watch two or three of them the last of which was your ramblings on about is it fast or something like that... LOL..

I painstakingly watch two or three of them the last of which was your ramblings on about is it fast or something like that... LOL..
painstakingly.... LOL ….. go ahead, it's ok, push that subscribe button :D

painstakingly.... LOL ….. go ahead, it's ok, push that subscribe button :D
Ironically I have never ever once had somebody asked me how fast my duster will go LOL... just by looking at it they know they better hold on to their nuts...
I did have a customer who sunk ungodly amounts of money into this 273 LOL.. hydraulic lifters and Harland sharp roller rockers LOL the biggest air gap intake and look look like the biggest Holley double pumper I've ever seen in my life LOL.. I came about helping him take the heads off because he had cracked one likely just revving it up in the driveway LOL.. the heads were almost stuck on by the black soot build-up from that massive carburetor.. I never could wrap my head around how someone could take solid lifters out and put hydraulic lifters in and take out Factory 273 adjustable rockers and put in Harland sharp roller rockers LOL...

Ironically I have never ever once had somebody asked me how fast my duster will go LOL... just by looking at it they know they better hold on to their nuts...
I did have a customer who sunk ungodly amounts of money into this 273 LOL.. hydraulic lifters and Harland sharp roller rockers LOL the biggest air gap intake and look look like the biggest Holley double pumper I've ever seen in my life LOL.. I came about helping him take the heads off because he had cracked one likely just revving it up in the driveway LOL.. the heads were almost stuck on by the black soot build-up from that massive carburetor.. I never could wrap my head around how someone could take solid lifters out and put hydraulic lifters in and take out Factory 273 adjustable rockers and put in Harland sharp roller rockers LOL...
LOL.. we were in Iowa getting gas in my wife's 'stang recently and this older guy in a Ford truck said "that the V6 ?"... I said "yeah", he says "is it still pretty quick?"... LOL.

-
Back