Drag Week 2024 live feed..

-
There was even a Mopar A-Body that won the Eliminator bracket race. He said on FB when he got into Drag Week that he wouldn't even place in the class but was glad to be able to participate, and yet he won the elimination round. Glad for him.

I am pretty sure he's a member (@70DusterDev) here, too.

[/URL]

You really call that a Mopar. Anything with a Chevy engine in it isn’t a Mopar

You really call that a Mopar. Anything with a Chevy engine in it isn’t a Mopar

Not going to say I wasn't disappointed when I saw the motor. But he put in the work and got the win so he deserves the congrats. Plus it was better than watching another Camaro do it.

There was even a Mopar A-Body that won the Eliminator bracket race. He said on FB when he got into Drag Week that he wouldn't even place in the class but was glad to be able to participate, and yet he won the elimination round. Glad for him.

I am pretty sure he's a member (@70DusterDev) here, too.

[/URL][/URL]
Devon @70DusterDev has worked his *** off with that combo, and done really well with it this year. He was so excited to finish and be the winner in Street machine eliminator. And he did it with a stick shift. I say well done sir. It’s ok if some people don’t like the LS, but they shouldn’t discount the amount of work it still takes to make a win like that happen.
He sent me this yesterday
FFFABAB5-6F1A-4F8F-B1B7-20AE000F4196.jpeg

Last edited:
Sadly I snapped the tail shaft on the tranny so I am out. Anyone make anything stronger than stock?

View attachment 1716305140
and there it is…… again. I have two 904s. One is a stock component build with attention to detail. Only “jewelry” inside it is a Pro Trans Brake, A500 pump gear, and an A&A front clutch spring pack. All drums have oil relief hole drilled in them to relieve centrifugal weight. It was built to go behind our 400ish iron head 360. On a whim I put it behind our mid 700hp W8 mill. Now I know 3 guys personally that have snapped shafts, two at lesser power than me. Well the lil trans that could survived over 100 trans brake launches with 1.24-1.30 60 times. It worked flawlessly and still looked good inside at 80 passes. We carried parts to repair it onsite, but never had to utilize them…… and who really wants to pull a trans at the track and tear it down to the nuts anyways.

A little over a year ago we stepped up that program….. I acquired a new A&A input shaft that a racer had on the shelf. It was then I learned that you HAVE to accompany it to their output shaft, so don’t think you’re shopping for one or another. It was at this time I started consulting Chris Andrew’s (Andrews Racing Transmissions) and ended up sending some parts I’d acquired + a case and had him do a complete build. It’s not cheap…. far from it, but it affords me the confidence that when I go to the line I have GREATLY reduced the possibility of a parts failure. The pump body and case are stock, but everything else is aftermarket.

IMG_3589.jpeg

Devon @70DusterDev has worked his *** off with that combo, and done really well with it this year. He was so excited to finish and be the winner in Street machine eliminator. And he did it with a stick shift. I say well done sir. It’s ok if some people don’t like the LS, but they shouldn’t discount the amount of work it still takes to make a win like that happen.
He sent me this yesterday
View attachment 1716306173
That's great news. Always good to see a Mopar in the winner's circle! Congrats @70DusterDev

A little bit of old mopar sheetmetal, nothing mopar about the drivetrain whatsoever. But still better looking than the ocean of camaros, tri-5s and G bodys.

-
Back