Draw through turbo slant

-
I wouldn't say disappointed but just hoping for a bit more...which will likely happen once I have the guy ride along.

I have not done the timing table thing from the one video yet - mostly because, with this being my first real project, I don't really know what to watch/listen for to make sure I don't end up advancing too far to where there is pinging/predetonation. I've read those are potential issues, but just don't know what they sound like to make sure I don't go that far.

In addition to getting it running stronger, I'm really anxious for the things I can hopefully learn from the tuner- he seemed super knowledgeable on the phone and reviews are good.

I do plan on getting the dyno number at least after we are done. Sounds like it's an hourly rate for him and we can basically do whatever I want to do with street or dyno until I decide to be finished.
Ok got it. You should see fairly good increases from his tuning in if you’re still on the Holley base map. Not life changing, but good gains. I recommend the dyno tuning as well because it’s hard to run WOT pulls on the street legally and getting the timing dialed in for WOT will take multiple pulls, even better if you can watch the HP move around with the timing change. Let us know how it goes.

FWIW.
One thing that must be done is to make sure the oil return is well above the oil level in the pan. Oil is very foamy after leaving the bearing housing of the turbo and the oil drain tube should be fairly vertical. I'm not sure they popped the hole in the side of the pan high enough as the liquid oil level is always moving around while driving.

-
Back