Draw through turbo slant

-
That’s not girly, that’s skanky and whorey.
Rubber tits and lips and whole lot of makeup (like bondo on a car covered by a premium paint job).
Maybe so, but there's no dick.

He drives the **** out of anything he is in the seat of and he is definitely a wheelman. Not just a you tube hack. He doesn’t do it for likes. But he does do it, a lot.
I'm not knocking him. There's no need to abuse something just for the sake of tearing it up. This ain't the 80s anymore and this stuff is gettin hard to find now. I'd have more respect if he made the swap before he tears something up. Maybe he will.

I'm not knocking him. There's no need to abuse something just for the sake of tearing it up. This ain't the 80s anymore and this stuff is gettin hard to find now. I'd have more respect if he made the swap before he tears something up. Maybe he will.
All I can guarantee you is he will drive the crap out of it, and not baby it. If it breaks it breaks.

All I can guarantee you is he will drive the crap out of it, and not baby it. If it breaks it breaks.
And that's good. At least he's not junkin it out behind the trailer.

Last edited:
Tony got super duper political on his social media around the time of Covid. He burned a lot of bridges REAL quick. Just like Tractor Supply or other Go Woke Go Broke companies he decided the best thing for his “brand” was to shut up and lay low. Now he’s popped back up after the dust settled and people forgot about him wishing death on the unvaxxed. Yeah, he did that.

Not a fan and won’t support him based on morals.

Last edited:
Go Woke Go Broke
Hey, I woke up this morning, am I gonna go broke, today? I sure hope not. :(
PS: Tractor Supply Co. Just bought a piece of property not too far from me. They started clearing it and discovered an issue. The property is the site of an old Cemetry. Had to stop work. Not sure what is going to happen now.

I've wondered that also. It might be a shortened version of his last name? I still have friends from HS to call me by my last name.
Barbee is my last name. I have been called Barb a lot. Never thought it was short for Barbara or otherwise some kid would have got a knuckle sandwich back in the day/ and no doubt I would have got has *** kicked too! :thumbsup: :BangHead:

Barbee is my last name. I have been called Barb a lot. Never thought it was short for Barbara or otherwise some kid would have got a knuckle sandwich back in the day/ and no doubt I would have got has *** kicked too! :thumbsup: :BangHead:
Hush up Barbara.

:rofl:

Tony got super duper political on his social media around the time of Covid. He burned a lot of bridges REAL quick. Just like Tractor Supply or other Go Woke Go Broke companies he decided the best thing for his “brand” was to shut up and lay low. Now he’s popped back up after the dust settled and people forgot about him wishing death on the unvaxxed. Yeah, he did that.

Not a fan and won’t support him based on morals.
Didn’t ever see that and I’m glad I didn’t because I’d probably despise him also. That kinda attitude (especially around Covid and vacs) makes me sick. I do know he had a very sick young child in the house around that time, maybe his actions were based on what it took to keep his child (in his eyes) safe. Momma bears will do a lot to protect their cubs.

I was bummed they got some decent burnouts at the end... but I still can't get mine to break free yet even after the supercharger and spending probably 15 times what they did... #sadface

I think I will try doing a turbo on my 84 d-100. Just happen to have a complete turbo system from a 301 Pontiac V-8 Turbo TransAm. I spoke to a local turbo shop yesterday, and he can get me the parts I need to freshen up the turbo. It has a Q-jet in a draw thru configuration.
PS: Maybe over the winter.

Last edited:
I sold a Buick 231 turbo motor an old neighbor gave me because he had to be rid of it as he was moving. I sold it since I had nothing to put it in. It was an early one that came originally with a QJ carb. Now I wish I had the turbo parts off of it, probably 15 years later

I was bummed they got some decent burnouts at the end... but I still can't get mine to break free yet even after the supercharger and spending probably 15 times what they did... #sadface
Yours was a very nice build. What’s wrong with it? Is it not running well?

I have a complete Buick Regal Type-T turbo setup sitting in the garage. It would work for a 3.7l \6, a 3.9 V6 or even a 4.2L/4.0L Kelvinator.

QuadraPuke flange but carb is long gone.

Yours was a very nice build. What’s wrong with it? Is it not running well?

No- it seems to be running well. I've put probably 1500 miles on it since getting it going with one weekend being 700+... Its got quite a bit more pickup than it had before...

Using a car timer app on my phone (so who knows how accurate, but probably not very), it seems my 0-60 dropped from about 14.2 down to a little under 12. Eighth mile seems to have dropped from about 12.9 to about 10.9....

I've got an appt this coming Wednesday with a tuning shop who does a bunch of Sniper/Megasquirt/etc stuff, so I'm hoping they will be able to help optimize it. Sounds like he usually does street tuning first where I drive and he plays on the laptop in the passenger seat, and then if desired he has a dyno back at the shop we can load it on too if I want to find the RWHP number... Says he likes the street tuning portion better than just trying to do on dyno because it is more indicative of real life driving. I'm hoping for some more positive results after this visit on Wednesday.

That truck probably has 3:55 gearing. Sure grip? Maybe. Your gearing is what?

Mine is sure grip 8.75 with 3.23:1 gearing... maybe more likely to break free if it had single track.... I know burnout ability isn't a real measure of performance, but do hope to eventually at least be able to smoke them a little bit.

No- it seems to be running well. I've put probably 1500 miles on it since getting it going with one weekend being 700+... Its got quite a bit more pickup than it had before...

Using a car timer app on my phone (so who knows how accurate, but probably not very), it seems my 0-60 dropped from about 14.2 down to a little under 12. Eighth mile seems to have dropped from about 12.9 to about 10.9....

I've got an appt this coming Wednesday with a tuning shop who does a bunch of Sniper/Megasquirt/etc stuff, so I'm hoping they will be able to help optimize it. Sounds like he usually does street tuning first where I drive and he plays on the laptop in the passenger seat, and then if desired he has a dyno back at the shop we can load it on too if I want to find the RWHP number... Says he likes the street tuning portion better than just trying to do on dyno because it is more indicative of real life driving. I'm hoping for some more positive results after this visit on Wednesday.

Mine is sure grip 8.75 with 3.23:1 gearing... maybe more likely to break free if it had single track.... I know burnout ability isn't a real measure of performance, but do hope to eventually at least be able to smoke them a little bit.
I’m glad it’s running good but it sounds like you’re disappointed with the power it’s making. Did you ever end up building a timing table for it? What is the timing at cruise, 0 vac, and 7psi (the most I’ve seen you mention)? Having a tuner ride along and tap keys while you drive will get you the best results for sure. But do also stick it on his dyno and get a number.

I’m glad it’s running good but it sounds like you’re disappointed with the power it’s making. Did you ever end up building a timing table for it? What is the timing at cruise, 0 vac, and 7psi (the most I’ve seen you mention)? Having a tuner ride along and tap keys while you drive will get you the best results for sure. But do also stick it on his dyno and get a number.

I wouldn't say disappointed but just hoping for a bit more...which will likely happen once I have the guy ride along.

I have not done the timing table thing from the one video yet - mostly because, with this being my first real project, I don't really know what to watch/listen for to make sure I don't end up advancing too far to where there is pinging/predetonation. I've read those are potential issues, but just don't know what they sound like to make sure I don't go that far.

In addition to getting it running stronger, I'm really anxious for the things I can hopefully learn from the tuner- he seemed super knowledgeable on the phone and reviews are good.

I do plan on getting the dyno number at least after we are done. Sounds like it's an hourly rate for him and we can basically do whatever I want to do with street or dyno until I decide to be finished.

-
Back