Driving around today I found this. And it is for sale

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
The wife and I went to lunch today and while headed to the restaurant, I passed this gold colored Mopar. I told the wife after lunch I was going to check on it. Well it is for sale and is real good condition. It is a 63 Valiant 4 dr. Automatic. It looks like someone started a amateur resto on it. I comes with a spare right fender and some new window felt. Motor is real clean and the owners said it runs and drives. So what do you think is a good price?

932B2811-926F-4930-873D-6B8EF75AF8A8.jpeg

F9877875-937E-4B30-B043-A50284E3E176.jpeg

D6790DA2-4531-4B75-B5D2-40DB4F401BB6.jpeg

$1000 as a driver.
Hey, we are fairly close geographically. Find me one like that in that shape for a 1000, and I'll give you a 100 dollar finders fee :) I've never owned a early A and I'd like to.... once at least!

Hey, we are fairly close geographically. Find me one like that in that shape for a 1000, and I'll give you a 100 dollar finders fee :) I've never owned a early A and I'd like to.... once at least!
Very different and so much lighter that later a-bodies, my dad has a 360 4 speed in his 64 and is a blast!

That's not to far away from what I paid for my 66 Dart. It was a GT hp273, 4 speed, 8 3/4 Sure Grip with buckets and console. One of 1237. SGBarracuda is looking to buy not sell.

Unfortunately, the days of the $1k car are mostly gone. I'm going to say between $1,800 and $2,200

I guess it depends on the running gear, other then "clean" I haven't heard much about it

I'm always amazed at the "low" prices all these cars are valued at here on FABO. Somebody asks what a nice '72 Duster is worth and stuff like "2800" is thrown out. Yet... YET..... a car buy like myself has been here for 8 yrs and seems no members EVER list these nice cars for a 1000 bucks or some really clean nice driver '72 Duster for 3300. Where..... are..... they... at ????? I'm a cash buyer, money in hand!! But, they never show up in the "for sale" adds, even though cars are listed all the time. All I ever see is 15k 318 2bbl dusters and "fixer uppers - bring a trailer /6 cars for 4k"... LOL.

"Wants" and "Gets" are two very different things.... Show up with 1500 and a trailer and you're going him with it.
Maybe in Tx or Ga, but up here in the rust belt you'd be laughed at for a week for wasting your trip.

Maybe in Tx or Ga, but up here in the rust belt you'd be laughed at for a week for wasting your trip.

Well I'm from Mn, I know all about rust. I also know not everyone want's 4 doors and most people know that. I also know people almost always have an inflated sense of what the value of a car is just because it's old... My old man would walk away holding cash and pulling a loaded trailer. lol. Depends on the people involved.

Well I'm from Mn, I know all about rust. I also know not everyone want's 4 doors and most people know that. I also know people almost always have an inflated sense of what the value of a car is just because it's old... My old man would walk away holding cash and pulling a loaded trailer. lol. Depends on the people involved.
Again, 50,000 members on this site. Anyone with a nice looking, driving 4 door early A for 1500 or less, bring it my way and I have cash. I'll go ahead and spend the money today at walmart, cuz nobody show'n... :)

Again, 50,000 members on this site. Anyone with a nice looking, driving 4 door early A for 1500 or less, bring it my way and I have cash. I'll go ahead and spend the money today at walmart, cuz nobody show'n... :)

Better yet, someone should buy it, then hike the price and forgo the finders fee since you're all set to spend too much :)

Better yet, someone should buy it, then hike the price and forgo the finders fee since you're all set to spend too much :)
no, I can buy one here for 3900. I want the "1000 dollar one"... waiting. show me the listing. Ca$$h in hand.... :)

If you think it's a good deal and like the car pull the trigger!

-
Back