Drum to Disk brake conv. no idea on the MC?

-

mkingan

Reaction score
i apologies in advance on the post. i've spent the last couple of hours coming through the post looking for the answer and i'm just not sure. I'm in the middle of typical from drum to disk brake conversion on a 1965 valiant conv. 273 commando. I am using a 73 dart for the reference. everything is new. I have no idea what this master cylinder is off from the previous owner. All i am looking to do is setup a new MC for the disk brakes setup. I don't think i can go with power booster because of clearance issues. non power disk brakes will be fine i think. So without guessing if this will work i'm going to get a new MC, What do i need? Just a MC from a 73 dart? little confused here.. thanks

Resized_20161221_102809.jpeg

someone rigged that mess up.. looks to be a disc brake master cyl bolted onto the booster mount.. that master cyl should bolt to the fire wall.

What he said^. I have the manual pushrod if you need it. I would also look for a master with a bore below 1" for better pedal feel. The bigger the piston the more foot pressure you will need to stop. I bought the 2 bolt master from DrDiff

I agre that is a cobbled mess. You should be bale to use a master cyl from the later dart designed for manual disk brakes. That is what I have always done. Just use new one designed for donor car. But it will mount directly to the firewall and you will need the correct pushrod to activate it.

ok atep one new MC from 73 dart with manual disk brakes correct? advance, orileys should have one i hope.. bolt strait to the firewall. what size pushrod do i need?

yeah that's it. I would verify the adapter plate fits. It says universal plate for B&E body with PB and ALL A bodies.

If your doing a drum to disc conversion make sure to change the proportioning valve from a 73 dart also that way it will work correctly with out using a manual proportioning valve to balance your front to rear braking

If your doing a drum to disc conversion make sure to change the proportioning valve from a 73 dart also that way it will work correctly with out using a manual proportioning valve to balance your front to rear braking
ok thanks! i can't seem to find a proportioning valve anywhere, (parts store wise) any idea where the best price/place would be?

Here is a good website with part you are looking for.

MC36406 - 1973-75 Mopar A-Body Power Front Disc Brake Master Cylinder
Mopar Parts | MC36406 | 1973-75 Mopar A-Body Power Front Disc Brake Master Cylinder | Classic Industries

MD47277 - Adjustable Brake Push Rod
http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/mopar/parts/brakes/master-cylinders/push-rods/

MD2268 - 1969-75 Mopar A-Body , 1969-70 B-Body With Front Disc Brakes Combination Valve
Mopar Parts | MD2268 | 1969-75 Mopar A-Body , 1969-70 B-Body With Front Disc Brakes Combination Valve | Classic Industries

-
Back