Dumb Comments

-
Me either, but I really don't care for 1971 and newer Mopars, it was truely the beginning of the end. One, the original build quality was $hit.
dude are you serious with that? that is the dumbest comment i have heard yet!! you and plymouth340 need to go take a bath together. you are calling these cars **** ? what do you know about build quality? that comment really pissed me off,these are some of the baddest in the land! go wash your novas kids ...

Attachments

• 71g.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 359
  • hut4.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 71c.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 334
  • mi876.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 323
  • pk71charger.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 348
dude are you serious with that? that is the dumbest comment i have heard yet!! you and plymouth340 need to go take a bath together. you are calling these cars **** ? what do you know about build quality? that comment really pissed me off,these are some of the baddest in the land! go wash your novas kids ...
You got me wrong 73, i love the early 70s Mopars i just dont like the 74 GTX thats all. I think some of the 70s Mopars are the best like Cudas and a few Chargers a really nice and many other Plymouths and Dodges.

It's a known fact the cars were crap from the factory, leaky windows, loose parts and such, but they ARE strong cars, and the designs are beautiful. It was a comment towards the union sabotoge committed sometimes by the workers and work performed by people who don't give a crap, with lax standards. I guess my comment was more about B-Bodies really. Sure, 1971-74 cars, I like them but I'm more partial to 2nd gen cars. It wasn't dumb, it is an opinion and I'm sure each of us favors one kind of car over another. There are some of us who lie A-Bodies, B- Bodies, C-Bodies, E-Bodies, or another style and certain years.

It's a known fact the cars were crap from the factory, leaky windows, loose parts and such, but they ARE strong cars, and the designs are beautiful. It was a comment towards the union sabotoge committed sometimes by the workers and work performed by people who don't give a crap, with lax standards.
so you are saying your 4 door 70 was built any better? what does it matter? these cars were built to perform on the street and look good doing it. if you want sound deadener and leakproof windows, im sure GM could hook it up. we are talking about cars built 40 (FOURTY) years ago when AM radios were standard equipment. EVERY automaker had and still has issues with people who dont give a crap through MANY years.you cannot single out 71 and up chrysler products ....wow

You got me wrong 73, i love the early 70s Mopars i just dont like the 74 GTX thats all. I think some of the 70s Mopars are the best like Cudas and a few Chargers a really nice and many other Plymouths and Dodges.
i want to see YOUR car , lets see your 70 340 plymouth duster or dart

and just to let you know the GTX was an option package on the 73 road runner and not a model on its own.

so you are saying your 4 door 70 was built any better? what does it matter? these cars were built to perform on the street and look good doing it. if you want sound deadener and leakproof windows, im sure GM could hook it up. we are talking about cars built 40 (FOURTY) years ago when AM radios were standard equipment. EVERY automaker had and still have issues with people who dont give a crap through MANY years.you cannot single out 71 and up chrysler products ....wow

No need to talk Chebby crap, Chebby is Chebby for a reason. I won't say 70 and back was much better, but there was a drop in quality of the car built from 1971 and up had quality problems. I don't want to sound rude, but look it up. It's a known fact. But look, I like the Hemis, the 440-6 and the bodies look good. This arguement with you is pointless.

and just to let you know the GTX was an option package on the 73 road runner and not a model on its own.

Also there was a 1972 model.

No need to talk Chebby crap, Chebby is Chebby for a reason. I won't say 70 and back was much better, but there was a drop in quality of the car built from 1971 and up had quality problems. I don't want to sound rude, but look it up. It's a known fact. But look, I like the Hemis, the 440-6 and the bodies look good. This arguement with you is pointless.
im not trying to start sh*T .it doesnt matter to me if they were not built with the upmost in quality.it sounded like you were bashing the 71+ mopars. they were still getting hemis, 440 6 packs, 440 four barrels ,383s, 340s, four speeds,danas ,gears ,fresh air packages. and then you throw on the appearance packages and color keyed bumpers,hood pins ETC ETC.some of the best iron to roll out of detroit hands down. and as for the gtx option, plymouth 340 was talking about the 73-74 rr body style hense my comment about the gtx option on a 73 and not the 72 metal

I'm not bashing the 1971 and up's. I infact think the rubber bumpers are really cool, and I love how clean the '70 'Cuda looks with a rubber bumper. A lot better than the Poncho Endura. You're right it doesn't matter, I'm doing a better job than the factory with my 69 so if you want to resto with better quality great, if your into the survivor stuff, all the more power to you. Initial build quaility is irrelevant today, becuase that was such a long time ago.

I'm not bashing the 1971 and up's. I infact think the rubber bumpers are really cool, and I love how clean the '70 'Cuda looks with a rubber bumper. A lot better than the Poncho Endura. You're right it doesn't matter, I'm doing a better job than the factory with my 69 so if you want to resto with better quality great, if your into the survivor stuff, all the more power to you. Initial build quaility is irrelevant today, becuase that was such a long time ago.
i agree 100% .my charger has been torn down ,rebuilt tens times better than when it was new. i apologize for my attitude.i hear crap all the time, people dogging out chrysler products new and old. and i just didnt want to hear it from a fellow member on an all mopar site.

I understand, fully. We get enough crap from the "other" makes and worse, still, brand X imports. You got the right to be mad though, I goofed. I was bashing the morons who put our cars together. I thought it was funny how David Patik put together that packet about St. Louis. They quite literally hired people off the street to build Mopars, it's actually quite sad.

I understand, fully. We get enough crap from the "other" makes and worse, still, brand X imports. You got the right to be mad though, I goofed. I was bashing the morons who put our cars together. I thought it was funny how David Patik put together that packet about St. Louis. They quite literally hired people off the street to build Mopars, it's actually quite sad.
its all good , what gets me is these people out there that ,while some have good intentions, some just intentionally go out of their way to talk sh*t about our cars.sometimes it funny ,and i have had some funny comments, but sometimes it really gets under my skin, when,A- they have no clue what they are talking about and TELL me about my car B- they dont even have a car and talk down about my dodge or plymouth,and C they are driving away in a torn up beat down acura legend with the bottom ripped out of it from scraping the ground with 93 horspower and 35 pounds of torque and take a sharp right turn when i get next to them after running their mouth.but such is life.

Well hey, that's what this thread is about :) It's good to know you stand up for what you believe in. There are so many sell outs in the world, just look at "da prez". He's wasting 4 million to go to Hawaii WTF.

I think we've hijacked the thread, lol.

OK back on topic:

Here is a post on a Car and Track Video on a '69 Dart Swinger 340 (Youtube).

This is a legit comment: If its a real 340 why is the engine block 318 blue?

What say you guys?

Boy that was close, I was worried that I was going to have to step in and seperate you 2 gentleman but then common sense prevailed. Have a Merry Christmas gentleman.

that car and track stuff is great! when the speed channel was speedvision, they ran those every morning at 7:30 and i didnt miss one of them, good ole bill. i have read many discrepancies with the blue/orange/red 69-70-71-72 340 and 318 engine colors and them changing mid year. it seems to be a hot topic. but i have no answers.

I figured I'd dig up this thread, it's now a zombie back from the dead. One more from the forum that is living-dead, lol.

I went to a show on Saturday and this is one I heard:

"I never even knew they made 4-door Darts"

with my Duster. " hey thats a nice Nova"
with my 69 Dart. "are you going to put a rebel flag and an 01 on the side"
small block. " hey thats got those high performance angle plug heads" it was a 318 2bbl

Just this summer I've been asked:
What year's your nova?
Does your Maverick have a V8?
Is that an SS?

People just don't get it....

Some guy told me my car isn't a Dart and he rambled on about how ChazRams Dart was in a comedy movie, the one I've apparently seen. (I think the guy was drunk or high or something). He stuck around at the Mopars at the Park here in Fox Lake (IL) for 10 minutes and left. "There was that one comedy about that blue Dart, it had that comedian in it...you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about, right man?" I thought this guy was nucking futs and off his rocker.

JUST READ THIS WHOLE THREAD and it occurred to me that a thread about dumb comments turned into self fulfilling prophecy of making dumb comments

A lot of you guys sound like snobs. Half of these "dumb comments" are from people who don't know much about Mopars, but like your car enough to try and strike up a conversation about it. People ask me about my "Nova" all the time. If they just say "nice Nova" I'll say thanks. If they ask me if it's a Nova, I'll tell them it's a Duster. I mean to the untrained eye, it looks a lot like a Nova. It's like a 70's Mopar expert trying to distinguish 50's Ford's from year to year. You wouldn't know all the nuances that changed each year on those cars. You shouldn't expect people to know even 1% as much about these cars as you do. Unless they are arguing with you when you try and correct them, it's best to just say thanks and feel good about the fact that they like your car, even if they don't know exactly what it is.

-
Back