TPPD 70 Duster.

-
“Just put it together and drive it” is the lie I kept telling myself.

So, scored some 660 holleys, a killer TR1Y tunnel ram, then scored some well priced buckets out of a 74 duster that got wrecked, bought some 15x8 slots, was gifted the 15x3.5 fentons….and now in the next week the 4 speed pedal setup should be here and I’ll start gathering everything to put an a833 in it. Gotta play with the throttle linkage to clear the billet baseplates, then hopefully over winter (slow season for work) I can jam all this nonsense into one rough around the corners “day two” street car. If I’ve learned anything it’s that I can’t leave anything alone and good enough is never good enough with the cars.

View attachment 1716287002

View attachment 1716287003

View attachment 1716287004

View attachment 1716287005
Sweet old 3 wheeler, 185?

125m. Estate sale find for a crisp 100 dollar bill. Carb, tires, and recovered the seat. Cheapest fun I’ve had in a long time.
Heck ya, I rode the crap of a Yamaha 125 2 stroke when I was a kid.

It’s not quite ready for these to be on it for good but I just had to see. Also, 15x8 with 4.5 backspace is about perfect on a 68-70 B body rear.

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8491.jpeg

So the quest for an 833 swap has begun slowly, very, very slowly as I insist on there being a Verti-gate in the car. Seems simple enough, right? I sourced a pretty good shape vertigate from market place with a Muncie (gross) bracket and rods. Cool, find an A body bracket, how hard can that be? Well, it’s no easy task. I searched through old threads/for sale ads and came up empty handed. Put out a wanted ad and wouldn’t you know it. Member @Bobzilla came to the rescue. He was gracious enough to send a fresh NOS verti-gate bracket to people he’s never met and asked NOTHING in return. Enter my buddy @TT5.9mag to save my bacon as always. He built an amazing copy of the bracket using equipment I couldn’t begin to comprehend. The quest for a tunnel rammed, slotted mag wearing, a833 equipped trailer park panty dropper is taking a momentary back burner since I hurt the motor in my turbo car and it HAS to be done for my wedding in April but that’s a story for another time.

After my long winded rambling I want to give a HUGE thank you to Bob and Mike. None of my ridiculous goals would be possible without people like them.

IMG_8920.jpeg

IMG_8921.jpeg

TPPD is what i'm talkin' about!

please tell me you've got some jean shorts that are just a little too short and slightly snug enough to make everybody uncomfortable to match the papas & beer midriff and coors light trucker cap you'll be sporting. knee high tube socks optional.

please tell me you've got some jean shorts that are just a little too short and slightly snug enough to make everybody uncomfortable to match the papas & beer midriff and coors light trucker cap you'll be sporting. knee high tube socks optional.

I skip the jorts and go straight for the speed-o. In the name of lightweight/efficiency obviously. My dog ran off with the neighbors cat while wearing my coors hat but I have a good ole Natty Ice hat as a backup. :lol:

We’ve just decided what Chris will be wearing at his wedding. And I’m pretty sure this thread needs to be renamed (again) to TPPD.

So the quest for an 833 swap has begun slowly, very, very slowly as I insist on there being a Verti-gate in the car. Seems simple enough, right? I sourced a pretty good shape vertigate from market place with a Muncie (gross) bracket and rods. Cool, find an A body bracket, how hard can that be? Well, it’s no easy task. I searched through old threads/for sale ads and came up empty handed. Put out a wanted ad and wouldn’t you know it. Member @Bobzilla came to the rescue. He was gracious enough to send a fresh NOS verti-gate bracket to people he’s never met and asked NOTHING in return. Enter my buddy @TT5.9mag to save my bacon as always. He built an amazing copy of the bracket using equipment I couldn’t begin to comprehend. The quest for a tunnel rammed, slotted mag wearing, a833 equipped trailer park panty dropper is taking a momentary back burner since I hurt the motor in my turbo car and it HAS to be done for my wedding in April but that’s a story for another time.

After my long winded rambling I want to give a HUGE thank you to Bob and Mike. None of my ridiculous goals would be possible without people like them.

View attachment 1716318248

View attachment 1716318249
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Is the new steel bracket longer or is that an optical illusion in the picture? Probably an illusion from the smoother steel of the new one.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Is the new steel bracket longer or is that an optical illusion in the picture? Probably an illusion from the smoother steel of the new one.

Thank you sir I appreciate it.

It’s an optical illusion I was standing goofy so my feet weren't in the photo. As soon as the better half is off work she’s going to ship the bracket and I’ll get you the tracking info.

-
Back