Duncan Kieth suspended

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
Good is all I can say. blatant hit's to the head need to leave hockey forever,matter's not who did the hit or recieved it. Assholes that headhit should be suspended for THE LENGTH OF THE INJURY TO THE INJURERED PARTY.THAT WOULD PUT A STOP TO THIS IDIOTIC GARRY BETTMAN ENCOURAGED TREND.

The next good thing that needs to happen is the firing of bettman.We need hockey to be hockey. If I want to watch senceless head hit's I'll watch boxing.

I must say I am encouraged by Brendan Shannahans common sence regarding these hit's He is putting hockey back in hockey and removing the bullshit one step at a time.

Brendan is doing a good job. He was respected as a player and that helps in his position.
Duncan Keith is a good guy. Adrenaline and anger sometimes causes split second decisions that are regrettable. Keith was reacting to hit on him by Sedin earlier.
I play weekly and often have to talk myself out of stupid behavior. I'm better in that regard now - age helps. Too bad I'm also slower. :)

IDIOTIC GARRY BETTMAN
that pretty much sums up today's NHL.

Only partly agree about Shanahan- I've seen some idiotic decisions by him, just like everyone else in the NHL offices (starting with whomever voted to keep Bettman after the lockout debacle).
For instance, Alex Ovetchkin couldn't get suspended if he took a gun on the ice and started shooting opponents. Or, sorry, that would get him one of his customary two game suspensions lol.

I know Kieth is a good player,I respect his skill. He did make a mistake with the Sedin hit for sure. But it has to stop. How long has Sidney Crosby been gone with a concussion this year? Ridiculous to have a top notch player like him sitting on the side lines because some team with far less skill took him out on an intentional injury play.

Hockey players need to play based on thier skill's,not poor judgement decision made by a coach whose team has zero chance to win the cup,so he intentionally takes other skilled players off the ice.

Hockey is a much poorer game thanks to Bettman.Bettman seems to think controversy is the way to sell tickets. I for one have had enough of all the B.S hit's and non calls. I am this close to no longer watching hockey,it disgusts me that much. I will be cancelling my hockey channel paid subscriptions soon if the situation does not improve. Bettman; YOU CANNOT ALLOW GAMES TO BE WON OR LOST BASED ON POOR CONTROVERSIAL CALLS. YOU NEED TO LEAVE HOCKEY FOREVER,AS YOU HAVE CHANGED HOCKEY INTO A JOKE.

I know Kieth is a good player,I respect his skill. He did make a mistake with the Sedin hit for sure. But it has to stop. How long has Sidney Crosby been gone with a concussion this year? Ridiculous to have a top notch player like him sitting on the side lines because some team with far less skill took him out on an intentional injury play.

Hockey players need to play based on thier skill's,not poor judgement decision made by a coach whose team has zero chance to win the cup,so he intentionally takes other skilled players off the ice.

Hockey is a much poorer game thanks to Bettman.Bettman seems to think controversy is the way to sell tickets. I for one have had enough of all the B.S hit's and non calls. I am this close to no longer watching hockey,it disgusts me that much. I will be cancelling my hockey channel paid subscriptions soon if the situation does not improve. Bettman; YOU CANNOT ALLOW GAMES TO BE WON OR LOST BASED ON POOR CONTROVERSIAL CALLS. YOU NEED TO LEAVE HOCKEY FOREVER,AS YOU HAVE CHANGED HOCKEY INTO A JOKE.

There will always be bad decisions and injuries resulting. I believe they are doing what they can. Not an easy task. No 2 line pass rule contributes but most believe it has improved the game. Players are bigger, faster stronger...

I do not believe the Crosby injury was a coaches decision. That is some harsh judgement - you can't possibly know.

I don't care for Bettman either - not sure who does.

What will you watch instead? No other sport comes close IMO :)

I'll go back to Canadian Football. It's bone crushing enough. Or I'll simply watch LIVE HOCKEY at my local arena. The Trail Smokies arent a great team,but that level of hockey is very entertaining to watch!

I've had enough of the results manipulation through non call's and vague rules interpretations. It's bullshit to watch a fast player get hooked and miss his shot on net,while the player performing the hook skates off scott free.

It's unjust. Skilled player's need to be free of fear from a 265 lb monster smashing thier heads in and ending thier carreer.

I'd like to put Bettman on skates with the likes of Ott or somebody just as brutal. He needs a taste of his own medicine.I'll bet his head would come around really quick to my way of thinking whilst he's laid up in the hospital,lol...

He got 5. Seems right to me.

We have the Spokane Chiefs - also great hockey. I got to know Trevor Glass when he played here. Very funny story - when they won the Memorial cup it fell apart as it was being handed to him :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lBvCAGND84"]Spokane Chiefs drop the Memorial Cup - YouTube[/ame]

Trevor Glass? Any relation to Tanner? Professor Glass I should say (holds a PHD!).And yes 5 games is fair. I cant ask for more in todays NHL,even though it might happen that Daniel Sedin misses the playoff's as a result of this injury.

To me,in a ideal NHL the person doing the injury would serve time equal to his victims recovery period. At least there would be no unfair advantage to be had by making players unavailable if it's a targetted hit. I think just knowing there is such a heavy penalty would make concussions dissappear almost overnight.

X2 From a guy from Pittsburgh

To my knowledge Trevor is not related to Tanner.
PHD and playing hockey... Reminds me of Randy Gregg MD - I met him while he was doing his orthopedic residency in Edmonton after retiring from hockey. I imagine he's a surgeon now.

-
Back