Duster duel exsaust ideas

-

440randy

Reaction score
Want to get ideas for all new exsaust side exit before rear axle.low profile tips.Is true duel pipes without X pipe a good idea ?. My car is 1972 duster ,motor is 360 with 2.02 heads and 340 exsaust manifolds,I dont want headers. thinking magnaflow stainless 2 1/2 inch pipe should do the trick. I have not purchased any parts yet.Any input?

I never have like how a cross over pipe of any kind makes one sound. It's personal preference I guess.

Want to get ideas for all new exsaust side exit before rear axle.low profile tips.Is true duel pipes without X pipe a good idea ?. My car is 1972 duster ,motor is 360 with 2.02 heads and 340 exsaust manifolds,I dont want headers. thinking magnaflow stainless 2 1/2 inch pipe should do the trick. I have not purchased any parts yet.Any input?

What you want is Dr. Gas TA style muffler that goes from round to oval exhaust. Quiet and fits tight to body, no ground clearance issues.

In my suck state of MA it's not legal. Make sure before you buy.

What isn't legal?
Exhaust that exits before the passenger compartment. Fine on a truck behind the cab but a passenger car must exit after the rear wheels. Unless it is factory. Although I'm not sure if adding a factory set up on a car that didn't have it would be legal. Anyway this states sticker laws suck. It's not like Florida or Georgia.

Exhaust that exits before the passenger compartment. Fine on a truck behind the cab but a passenger car must exit after the rear wheels. Unless it is factory. Although I'm not sure if adding a factory set up on a car that didn't have it would be legal. Anyway this states sticker laws suck. It's not like Florida or Georgia.
Georgia's law reads something like "exhaust must exit outside the passenger compartment" or some such. So, as long as it exits out from under the car "somewhere" you're good. Trucks are different of course, because their passenger compartment does not include the bed, so anywhere out from under the cab is acceptable.

I used good old-fashioned glass-packs and love it. I get many comments about the great sound.

I live in NYS, I get it.

Most cops leave the older stuff alone and most don't know it well enough to know what it came with originally or not. "AAR Dodge Darts came with these from the factory, just like AAR cudas and T/A challengers"

The oval exits i'm speaking of are almost un-noticable.

I've yet to see a non crossover system outperform a true dual.

I'm just saying check before you spend. I'm jealous of states like Georgia. Some cars don't need an inspection at all .
Personally I like an x pipe although it certainly changes the exhaust tone.

“AAR Dodge Darts!”
:rofl:
:thumbsup:

Dynomax Performance 17676 Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers | Summit Racing

I'm just saying check before you spend. I'm jealous of states like Georgia. Some cars don't need an inspection at all .
Florida is one of them.

I put up a link to the AAR muffler type from Dynomax above available at Summit racing.

True duals are fine and easy. I like an H pipe myself.
It adds a little power. There easy to install vs an X pipe. I’m not a big fan of the sound an X pipe makes at higher rpm. I have an X on the wife’s car. Screams like a Banshee at high rpm. Some like it. An X pipe, if done by yourself is more challenging than an H pipe.

Overall, the X or H will make a little more power.

This is what I run

FB_IMG_14403405451231-1-1-1.jpg

IMG_20180427_203459.jpg

In Canada most cops leave hot rod guys alone on loud exsaust or side exit.Thinking of higher end bottles with stainless low profile 8" tappered tips.with 2 1/2 " system.Need to here from guys with experience in this.

not too worried what to cops think about exhaust, around here they wont stop you for that, so i couldnt even tell you if im legal or not

now, if i were acting the fool, yeah, they might look but i never gave em an excuse

as for sound, i like the M80s, not too loud, and almost sounds modern

(and around here, this also does not count as "giving them an excuse")

-
Back