Dyno Time!

-
Hope these work the only run I recorded with camera and pic.
3rd pull at 5,500 374hp.
mopar007.jpg
[/IMG]
luvmopars
[/URL][/IMG]

wow either speedy is good or he talked to you haha, but nite run.
are your pistons floating or press fit?

wow either speedy is good or he talked to you haha, but nite run.
are your pistons floating or press fit?[/quote
Floated, sorry but I have to hit the bed long day and have work in morning. I just want to say thanx to all for having fun with this and I will be more then happy to talk tomorrow.

ook jw becasue i have floating pistons but my rods are press and dont know what to do. but nice motor

What's the prize for the winner? eddy heads, demon carb, alterkation, lol Bruce
Awesome guess Bruce! Sorry no prizes it was all in good fun maybe when I bring the 440 to the dyno I will do this again and throw out a little prize. The 440 will be a little harder to guess lol.8)

Pretty nice #'s considering that motor is fairly mild!

I hear ya!

I missed it by a mile. I was cheating and using the CamQuest and it only shows HP at 5000 RPM. LOL!

I forgot to tell you all that I tried a torker II intake and lost 10hp and 10tq so it just goes to show how well the stock intake can be with modification or it shows how a low flow single plain is not the key to a very mild/stock build. If anybody plans a build like this I would suggest a good port job and performer rpm all gasket matched and you will easily get 420-450hp and 430-460tq. Only if I would have thought about it earlier.](*,)

1.4 hp off dang it, I thought with the intake torque would be over 400 but 18 ft lbs torque close, bring on that big block,heh

I forgot to tell you all that I tried a torker II intake and lost 10hp and 10tq so it just goes to show how well the stock intake can be with modification or it shows how a low flow single plain is not the key to a very mild/stock build. If anybody plans a build like this I would suggest a good port job and performer rpm all gasket matched and you will easily get 420-450hp and 430-460tq. Only if I would have thought about it earlier.](*,)

I will have agree with you. I had a 383 with Performer dual plain intake and switched it out to a Weind single plain thinking I would gain HP and TQ. I didn't change anything but the intake and the performance went down hill quick. It wasn't long I switched the Performer back on. The single plain looked good on the motor but man it robbed horses. I guess if I was leaving the line at or over 6000 RPM it have worked good. LOL!

1.4 hp off dang it, I thought with the intake torque would be over 400 but 18 ft lbs torque close, bring on that big block,heh
It will be a little while on the BB I have to get the 360 in the Dart and ready for May. Have a few more things to do on the car yet. The BB is at the machine shop though so it might sooner then I think.

I will have agree with you. I had a 383 with Performer dual plain intake and switched it out to a Weind single plain thinking I would gain HP and TQ. I didn't change anything but the intake and the performance went down hill quick. It wasn't long I switched the Performer back on. The single plain looked good on the motor but man it robbed horses. I guess if I was leaving the line at or over 6000 RPM it have worked good. LOL!
One thing that is crazy about a dual plain is the versitility it is amazing the numbers a person can get out of one esp. the stock iron. Tell you the truth I was on expecting 320hp/360tq I was wrong.

the Ld 340 is a great manifold ,I use to grind the center down another 1/2 inch and gain top end with no loss at the bottom. You need a stouter engine and cam to run the single plane but the ones ive used on chevy 7513s for pro street cars has the best powerband and you would need more converter to run a single plane,minimum 3500 stall

speedy, nice job, you just won a slant 6 carburator that has a stripped brass inlet. send postage and you will get the prize haha, seriously, good job,

-
Back