Early 833 ID???

-
Is there a difference between a 64-65 a833 manual a body trans and a 70-71 ? Is one better than the other? Or what are the differences?
The only primary difference that I'm aware of is the output flange the trunnion style early but after 65 in the 66 Model year they went to the universal joint. Some of my terminology might be wrong there. But that flange Union went away after 65.
You might have a low first gear there also
maybe something like 3.09/1 . But please don't bet on my knowledge or memory.

No problem. I didn’t take offense to it. You’re right I should’ve started a new thread. I needed a quick answer. I’m gonna check out a rebuilt a833 tomorrow built in 11/1970 and the guy is selling for $1000 and then there’s another guy selling his 64-65 a833 not rebuilt, looks like it needs work, probably sand blasted and rebuilt completely but he’s selling for $100. I don’t mind having to rebuild it. I more so wanted to know which was my better option.
I rebuilt mine . It seemed pretty straightforward . I don't believe it would be much of a problem for anybody with some basic mechanical skills. I bought a number of parts from the local Chrysler dealer the time and also Brewers.
If I ever get to put it into something I'll let you know how it goes

-
Back