Early A body Modified k/frame

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
TwoFords, don't take all comments as attacks on your credability or parts. We are not here to tell you your business or take down your posts, but just to shoot the **** and have a good time. IIRC is used here as "if I remember correctly" and that is a big IF. Please dont take it as a "your full of BS, It was this way...". If you are an authority and want to set us straight on a topic or fact, go ahead. Just do it tactfully as we all want to leave this forum a little wiser, not belittled..like, "wow, that guy schooled me in front of everybody" FWIW of course ;-) BTW, I am still looking at your modified K pics, very nice.

In the beginning I found quite the opposite here of what you speak of but as I am a Mopar/Chevy person as well and also into just about any vehicle this planet has to offer and in conjunction I must say that the close-mindedness of some here when using parts from other manufacturers is madness considering the usage of the Mustang II front ends, 700R4 transmissions, Ford rears as well as brakes from Jeeps. We all know how I feel as its been noted on several posts but that's just the way it is when dealing with those who all here look up to compared to those of you who haven't a clue to what others including myself can do and have done. I fit into this post pretty well perfectly and have done these same modifications only 25 years back. I believe the Mopar suspension to be one of the best there is and will not change mine or use power steering or brakes although I do use disc brakes. For once I would like to see no one jumping on anyone for what they use or how they use it. I totally understand the fundamentals and usage of other manufacturers parts as well as engines and the cost of such items and in my course of history I have driven some of the fastest cars there are including my brothers Cheetah who held NHRA national record holder running a 440 engine right down to a Chevy powered funny car built in my living room which ran over 200 mph in 1968. Cars are cars and with the proper equipment can do whatever they are supposed to.

I'm no purist by a long shot except when it comes to changing my torsion bar suspension in my 64 Signet

K-member looks good. We put a big block in a '64 barracuda using schumacher motor mounts and fab. fenderwell headers. We done a small amount of work to the k-member for Milidon deep pan. My point is if your thinking of building an early A-body go big block! This is a street strip car that runs easy 11.70's and drives great. Lots of fun!

2 Fords - Love the '32 w/ the long ram intake - that is way two cool. I could imagine that with the hood on the top and the intakes hanging out each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back