Early A's getting pricey

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
Thumbing through Hemmings and saw Russo & Steele moved a '66 Dart gt convertable for 19,250. From the fender badge it appeared to be just a straight 273 in what they called 'restored #3' condition. "WOW!!" :shock:

I guess a rising tide raises all boats...........or something like that.

That is kind of pricey for a 66. I did read something a few years ago that we could expect the early A's to be going up in value. Boy wonder what my 65 Dart vert is worth in the condition it is in.

people have started to discover how cool of cars the early a-bodies are.. wish they would keep their hands on their precious B-E bodies..

Being a GT and Conv. helps a lot. My book ( old car price guide ) puts a 66 GT, Conv. ( 273 ) #3 at just about $15200. I think the A-body's have been over looked for too long !!

:blob:

People want old muscle cars, but prices are rising, restorable piles of junk are getting $10k+, so people are looking to other models and years, which make the cars like Dusters, Valliant, old Darts and even some more oddball models rise in price. Ironically, it people like us that are driving up the price, people who won't sell their cars because they love them and have sunk tons of money into them, we make them worth more, then people with more money than ambition offer us crazy amounts of money for a completed project. Makes me wish shows like "overhauling" and "rides" never happened. The days of "cheap" musclecars are over, forever. :sad1:

basically thats what got me my 65 dart gt. bought it off a gal for $1200 with a commando 273 and ORIGINAL paint that looks perfect. The chevelles are goin for 9-10 thousand for just some beat *** 305 chevy. I like mine cause people always say "Ooo, got a slant 6 right??"
"Nope.. this ones got a V8"

The days of "cheap" musclecars are over, forever.

That's hard to say. Who's to say that when all the car shows are finally dropped, all the money boys finally realize that a Hemi Cuda is just a car and not an investment, and all the others come to the conclusion that they should sell that old car that's setting in the garage with crap piled on it that the prices won't come back down to earth? Being in farming for too many years I've seen more than one land price run-up and crash. Right now It's reaching an un-godly price. People with cash in the bank aren't able to get a decent rate of return so they're jumping into a crazy land market hoping to beat the bank............Bwahahahaha!!

jmho

The early A was and still is my very first car. I love them. I could see myself in another A-body but the early A will always be my #1. People at the shows are giving them their due respect for sure.

I get compliments all the time on my beater `74 Dart, with people asking me if it was for sale on 2 occasions. Like previously mentioned, with the insane prices being paid for B's & E's it's just a matter of time.

I just can't imagine whats going to happen when people realize how sexy the 1968 Barracuda fastback is!
611.gif

I am kind of surprised the 67-69 barracuda fastbacks haven't risen in price faster than they have. They make about the coolest looking drag car their is. With the 68 hemi darts and bcudas still ruling, I would think they would be closer to price to B and E bodies.
Rod

Belive it or not, up in my neck of the woods, the current rage is finding a /6 F body and dropping a 360 in it. "Instant muscle car!" Predictable response to the price spike of any car with a rockstar name on it, I guess.

One kid right out of school put together a car that will out-handle my duster and run neck-and-neck with it for less than $5K. No too shabby (I still think it's fugly, though...). It will be VERY interesting to see if the Aspens and Volares start going up in $ with everthing else.

-LY

"anyone know the value of a 66 dart wagon",

Yep worth a kool MILL!!!

Well, datz what mine iz worth to me!!!!...

U would thank a 66 Dart Wagon would be sorta a rare jewel...Single yeer front end sheetmetal, last yeer ov dart wagon, and only produced a fraction ov tha Plymouth Valiant wagons!!!....Mine wuz a 6 and std on tha tree when new...

What I find funny is when ya buy'in parts, everthang iz HI az Girraff's *^&%#*, but I never run into anybody will'in to give tha money ya heer about them buy'in cars for...Muss be a special breed wit money, an they all live sumwher else!!

IVE had early A;S all my life,,and i stil cant efford to switch to the over priced B,,,E bodies,,,,even know we cant buy parts out of a catolog for our early A;S yet,,hoping some day we can,,,

I don't really want my Barracuda to become worth a lot of money. I enjoy driving it and tinkering with it, I don't want to be afraid to drive it and modify it like a lot of guys I know with expensive cars.

There was a 66 Dart GT convertible that went through a local dealer auction last week, was restored, bid went to $15000. and he didn't sell. He had it on ebay last month and it was bid to about the same money.

rklein383 said:
I am kind of surprised the 67-69 barracuda fastbacks haven't risen in price faster than they have. They make about the coolest looking drag car their is. With the 68 hemi darts and bcudas still ruling, I would think they would be closer to price to B and E bodies.
Rod

Prices are still "relatively" low for '67-'69 Barracudas. They definitely have not caught on yet which is fine by me. As for the early A bodies, the more I see of them on this site the more I like them. They really do grow on you.

Here in Brasil everything made before 1980 with a V8 engine under the hood has the price doubled(or even more) in the last 5 years.Speacialy Dodge V8's!It's getting hard to get a A- Body with a good price.I prefer how it was 10 years ago ,when nobody wanted because they used to say that he spend too much fuel!!After this Piece of shitt film called"Fast and Stupid's"Everyone with Money here want's a real car.Thanks to that 900Hp Dodge, lot's of MoneyAss'Suckas want a Dodge V8 :cussing: .

Here's a fairly rough '66 Formula S with a BIN of $4250. I'm curious to see if anyone buys it.

ebay # 330105643351

neil, if that is the one that is brown,,says it is a number match,,formula S look at it close it has a 2 bbl carb,,,and looks like its never beeen offff,,
no formula S ever had a 2 bbl carb,,,

No, this is a different one. That one you're speaking of is a piece of ****. This one actually looks good. It's got a fender tag too!

Okay, on second thought this one is a piece of crap too....but it appears to be a real S car. That's one plus!

-
Back