eBay frustration

-
The seller has to ship if that is what showed up and is marked paid. His only other option is to get you to agree to cancel the auction or risk negative feedback. It isn't your fault he screwed up.

No he does not have to ship. Just as I posted earlier, he can refund the money, take the negative feedback, care less, & re list the item.

Apparently you missed the blue in my comment.

EBay's automatic shipping calculations are often crap. It's hard/impossible to change it when listing.

2 The seller gets gouged for shipping across the border.
( I shipped Steve a shoebox full of $30 painting masks-cost $50, they weigh nothing)

3 SOme sellers know that the shipping is crap and identify the problem in the add or don't, and some sellers haven't experienced the gouge yet.

It's the sellers that know but don't say anything plus the innocent/ignorant (NO OFFENSE) buyers that combine into a problem- a problem that eBay could care less about.

I see sellers put shipping disclaimers about shipping calculators being wrong on items going out of the country and to contact them for a price before bidding. Pretty simple solution....

A lot of seller's are too lazy to use USPS when shipping to Canada and choose to use UPS or FedEx instead. Both of them are always higher than USPS plus they tack on brokerage fees.

Ebay does charge for shipping fees-- they have a separate fee to tack on the shipping charges now-- & they get pay-pal fees to boot, Lawrence

That is correct.... eBay does charge the same final value fees for shipping as the bid price of the item. This changed quite a while back because sellers would list a $100 item that would ship for $10 as $10 bid price with $100 shipping in order to screw eBay out of the finial value fees.

Well, I just got an email with tracking number, so it appears I won't be having to pay any additional freight costs after all.

Glad to hear you are getting your item. I would be interested in knowing if the shipping price is on the package when it shows up.

It's true, had the auction had a note to contact the seller for actual shipping costs there wouldn't have been any problems. I assumed (I know,) that he knew what he was doing.

That is correct.... eBay does charge the same final value fees for shipping as the bid price of the item. This changed quite a while back because sellers would list a $100 item that would ship for $10 as $10 bid price with $100 shipping in order to screw eBay out of the finial value fees.

Glad to hear you are getting your item. I would be interested in knowing if the shipping price is on the package when it shows up.

shows how long its been since i sold something on ebay

I sell alot on Ebay , I do not allow Canadian transactions due to the issues with payment and shipping

I see no possible payment problems...paypal is paypal..and if you ship my USPS..the cost is what it is...if there is duty.. then it is the buyer's problem..USPS also gives a tracking number..

I have bought a lot from the US..the only complaint I have heard is the 2 minutes of paperwork and I have been told that is too much by one reseller...oookkkkkkkkk

i have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS shipping to the 'states.. a few minutes of paperwork is not enough to wreck my day...

Shipping across the board has gotten out of hand. Ernestina wanted to ship something from Spokane to Phoenix thru FedEx. Was under 2 pounds. They told her $29.00. Was going to have a member in AZ get us some perishable stuff and ship it overnight. 25 pounds was right around $100 if I remember right.....Yet I know of someone who had Barton ship him a HEMI from PA to AZ, if I remember right it was under $300....go finger....

I score a lot of deals on eBay that I can find no where else. I have saved tens of thousands of dollars buying off eBay but a lot of my purchases are business related too.

As a seller it is necessary to read the updates and to put them in to your scope of doing business there. I haven't sold in many years but I do still try to keep up with the updates since it makes me a better informed buyer.

I also purchase my domestic Priority Mail postage on line because there are decent savings to be had plus I don't have to wait for them to do it at the post office.

Shipping across the board has gotten out of hand. Ernestina wanted to ship something from Spokane to Phoenix thru FedEx. Was under 2 pounds. They told her $29.00. Was going to have a member in AZ get us some perishable stuff and ship it overnight. 25 pounds was right around $100 if I remember right.....Yet I know of someone who had Barton ship him a HEMI from PA to AZ, if I remember right it was under $300....go finger....

I hear that. I was getting engines shipped out of Florida through motor freight and the price has quadrupled.

What he said is correct.
Ebay does charge for shipping fees-- they have a separate fee to tack on the shipping charges now-- & they get pay-pal fees to boot, Lawrence

-
Back