Ebay strike !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Feb 18th - 25. Please dont list any items for sale or buy anything on Ebay.

Ebay is once again raising sellers fees, Also, sellers are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers, but buyers may leave negative feedback for sellers.

Also Paypal (owned by Ebay) will now hold payments for 3 weeks.

I saw B.S. If they dont change the rules I'll cancel my accounts. They get enough of my money, :bootysha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4MtVPuU9-Q

Ebays a bunch of ****. I've yet to have an "enjoyable" experience with them or paypal. I would much rather call someone and do business the old fashioned way, send a check, get the part.

I saw the notice they sent me and just didn't feel like reading the entire thing but I read enough to get the gist of it. I can resist perusing ebay from 2/18-25. I'm in!

Ebays a bunch of ****. I've yet to have an "enjoyable" experience with them or paypal. I would much rather call someone and do business the old fashioned way, send a check, get the part.

I agree. But ebay counts on greed, with people trying to see how much they can get for something.

I'M IN. We have 500+ sales with 100% feedback. There will be no one to neg hopefully, as I hope every one pulls out. I have a ton of A Body parts that I can sell elsewhere including here and craigslist.

Feb 18th - 25. Please dont list any items for sale or buy anything on Ebay.

Ebay is once again raising sellers fees, Also, sellers are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers, but buyers may leave negative feedback for sellers.

Also Paypal (owned by Ebay) will now hold payments for 3 weeks.

I saw B.S. If they dont change the rules I'll cancel my accounts. They get enough of my money, :bootysha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4MtVPuU9-Q

BTW: I hate the idea of paying ebay twice (once of the auction and the fees they deduct when I get paid through Paypal). It's maddening!

I know there are several other auction sites that have been trying to compete with ebay (and I think without success). I would think that this is the time for them to step with some advertising/PR dollars and promote against what ebay is doing right now. I think they would be surprised how many people might defect right now.

I don't wanna sound like an *** but i want to play the Devils advocate here.

What exactly do you think this is gonna do? I mean after the 25th your just gonna have to pay their fees anyhow unless you cancel your membership.
Then if they do lose money during that time they can just raise their fees again after the 25th to make up for their losses during that time.

I don't wanna sound like an *** but i want to play the Devils advocate here.

What exactly do you think this is gonna do? I mean after the 25th your just gonna have to pay their fees anyhow unless you cancel your membership.
Then if they do lose money during that time they can just raise their fees again after the 25th to make up for their losses during that time.

Actually, protest like this can be somewhat effective if done in mass. Dotcoms run a pretty fine line on revenue projections. When those numbers are down for a week (and even a day) it causes internal havoc. I am not saying that it will be catastrophic for them but it is a way to send a message. Their boards/forums are bursting with customers who are absolutely pissed about these changes.

As for eventually paying their fees after the 25th, that is only if you are a seller. And believe me, if they raise their fees up after the 25th, you will see a semi mass exodus of customers. They absolutely know they can't get away with that.

I believe they will come to their senses in the next couple of weeks, at least in terms of their updated feedback policy. That's what most people are irritated about. I think they could squeek by with the price increase but not both at the same time. I think that was their mistake: introducing both changes simultaneously.

eBay or as someone here called it "evil-Bay" has lost most of my buying and selling business. I would sooner sell my A body parts here to a deserving group of indivduals and places like Caigslist have found me some sweet deals too. I too will stick it to the man!!!!!!!!!:protest:

eBay or as someone here called it "evil-Bay" has lost most of my buying and selling business. I would sooner sell my A body parts here to a deserving group of indivduals and places like Caigslist have found me some sweet deals too. I too will stick it to the man!!!!!!!!!:protest:

The man ... I love it!!! Don't forget Mr. Charlie.

i've never shopped off ebay and never will. too shisty/shady for me. there may be some good people selling on there but still won't do it.

I tend to think of ebay as being a lot like Barrett Jackson. Everybody driving prices up on stuff, a lot of which is useless ****.

Ebay reduced listing fees and raised final price fees. I can avoid ebay pages for a week. No problem

I threatened account closure and they tried to tell me buyers were scared of neg feedback and that this would bring more people in.What hogwash. Now how can you exclude buyers who dont finish their transactions. From bad to worse in my opinion. I,m in.

I used to sell on Ebay a lot when I owned a car parts business. There is no benefit to the seller. There are so many fees to the seller and then there is no protection to the seller. We had a case where we shipped a high dollar item to someone using the confirmed address through paypal and then a month later he said he never got it. He had already left + feedback for us and we left it for him. Sure enough all the tracking and signatures in the world couldn't help us prove our case. Ebay and Paypal took his side and gave him his money back. He did it with 5 sellers and ebay still couldn't figure it out.

I ceased selling on ebay ever since. I buy occasionally but will not buy between the 18-25 thats for sure

Ebay has been good to me as a buyer and seller. You CAN get whatever you need. We have sold A Body parts all over the world, Sweden Spain, Australia, Israel and lots of Canadians. We have found most Mopar people very honest and easy to deal with and we try to be the same. After all, it's all about the love of Mopar and wanting to keep these gems on the road. If Ebay doesn't reconsider these changes I will leave. Selling is a hobby and it helps keep our '70 Cuda and '71 Demon going. Mopar is a very expensive hobby and this really helps.

I'll try it. Hope they get the message in that week. I recently sold some stuff on E-bay and when I figured up how much they got from me (E-bay and PayPal) I was almost wishing I hadn't sold. Can't imagine that I'll sell with them at all if their rates are higher. It also seems sellers raise their "shipping and handling" to avoid some E-bay cut which would turn me off on a buy. Feedback is one of the positives of E-bay. If they take it away for the seller they may lose a lot of interest.

What about the Ebay ads on the right of this page?
It sucks that they are upping their fees but I can't really complain, right now Im setting up a $120 Fluval filter for my turtle tank and I got it off ebay for $35. I do see ebay as the gestapo (thank god for google "did you mean" spell check) but I make deals that more than make up for the fees.

Where are you going to get that kind of exposure for so little ? I sell all over the world and for 4 years it has been great for me.

I understand it the way somebody else said, that Ebay`s listing fees are actually going down but final value fees are going up. There`s much more room to make money on the final value fee so naturally that`s where they want the higher fees. Paypal just bought an Israeli security firm and must need the funds to pay for it! I`ve personally had a case where Paypal reimbursed me for a part that the buyer would not return. If they did that for every schmuck out there that didn`t want to play by the rules they would soon be broke. As far as I know they never bothered to go after the deadbeat??? I can lay off Ebay for a week if it would do some good.

Where are you going to get that kind of exposure for so little ? I sell all over the world and for 4 years it has been great for me.

Damraider, I just noticed your avatar. I'm willing to send whatever it takes to get you to see a dentist ASAP!!! ;-)

PS At least your smiling!

-
Back