Ebay strike !

-
Not wanting to rock the boat but once a buyer PAY'S for his item, they did there part. They should not get negative feedback. Theres way too many poor sellers with great feedback.

If I get ripped off, I should not get a negative feedback because I opened my mouth about it.

As for the rate increase, thats BS because E-bay lied about saying rates were going down.

BTW--never use Pay- Pal, it can ruin your credit score..and that really matter. And Pay- Pal fees are too high for what they do.

I seen somebody on another forum saying they sold a $1200 notebook to somebody that was almost new and they paid over $2000 for it.

The buyer claimed it did not work and wanted his money back. The seller removed the funds from his account before the buyer said something. Pay-Pal demanded the $1200 be put back in the account or they were filing a claim in 2 weeks with a collection company. Not even 1 week later he was getting phone calls from Pay-pal warning him he will damage his credit rating if that $1200 does not get put back in the account while Pay Pal is investigating the claim.

While that post was on, others posted that Pay Pal did the samething to them and their credit were hurt thanks to Pay-Pal. Its just hear-say but it does make sense.

Thats why Pay-Pal wants your S.S. number and a credit card.

Oh E-bay changed Pay Pal too, in around 5% of sales, Pay Pal will hold the money for 2 weeks to make sure the deal is OK, they did not say what sales

Pay pal holds money for 21 days now I think. That will pretty but be the end of me excepting pay pal.

Maybe, they are changing their rules too fast to keep up with.

I believe if you have less than a 100 feedback score you HAVE to use Pay Pal to sell a item now. Its to make E-bay safer for buyers, maybe but sure E-bay is hoping Pay-Pal will make more $$ too.

Thats 100 feedbacks, not 100%

When I buy an item now, if the seller takes Pay-Pal, and I am noticing more do not, I pay with a credit card but I remove it from Pay Pal right afterwards. You need to now re-log in to Pay-Pal, go to profile, click it on and go to change a credit card. Then way over on the right, I need to move the page over, theres a box you click on to remove credit card on file.

Its a bit of a pain but then if I get a phony e-mail saying Pay -Pal has charged my credit card for an item, I know its BS.

You guys DO realize that EBAY is a publically traded stock and it has been loosing money?. They are trying to change things to Get the Stock value back up. Apparently, other suction sites are hurting them. I'm not a great fan of E-bay but it's come in handy a few times. Just my >.02 Eric

I might be wrong but I thought E-bay is still MAKING money, just their grow rate is slowing down. As for their stock price at around 27 last I seen, heck the past few months 70% of stock prices have been sinking. Yeah E-bay was on a roll last year at this time, went from like 26 to 40 a share but since Nov. its been down hill for most companys.

Yep, they are still making money, but not as much as has been forecast...the company still worth 37 billion dollars, so lets not feel too sorry for them, BTW General Motors is worth only 13 billion.

Dam, they are worth like 3 times much and have what like no factory's, warehouse's, they just help the buyer and seller come together and kick back and watch the money roll in! Thats BS, we -the buyer and seller-need to cut out the middle man-thats E-bay.

http://www.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUSWNAS745220080124?sp=true.

You guys DO realize that EBAY is a publically traded stock and it has been loosing money?. They are trying to change things to Get the Stock value back up. Apparently, other suction sites are hurting them. I'm not a great fan of E-bay but it's come in handy a few times. Just my >.02 Eric

Eric ebay sucks now . I used to sell a lot but not anymore ,im not paying 8.25 % and a listing fee. id be better off craigslisting

All I know is there are some great deals on Ebay right now....just scored a N.O.S. pass side grille for my 66 Valiant for dirt cheap $!! If everyone is boycotting them, that means better deals out there! :toothy10:

I agree I found some hard to find stuff for my ride. I also got a $225 Hoover vacuum cleaner for my house for $65 but thats thanks to the sellers-not E-bay.

For the work they do-make that lack of work, no packing, storage, shipping-the fees should be very low. But E-bay is about it.

Craiglist, well maybe but its very small compare to e-bay.

Eric ebay sucks now . I used to sell a lot but not anymore ,im not paying 8.25 % and a listing fee. id be better off craigslisting

What do you have to pay 8.25% + listing fees on? Reason I ask is I just sold an item on there and figured up the total percentage and it wasn't anywhere close to that. Mine was an auto part. Are there different prices for different catagories? Here's the rundown on mine.

Insertion fee 2.40 (I started the item off at $120)
Pic fee .75
supersize pics .75
Final value fee based on 145.50 selling price 5.23

Total selling fees 8.53
Paypal fee on 165.50 (the price the item sold for plus $20 shipping) 5.10 which is approx. 3.1 %

So the total fees when all said and done was 13.63 for a $145.50 item which comes out to be 9.4 % counting the paypal fees.

I agree this is a lot to loose but I didn't have any luck selling this item anywhere else so at least I got something out of it.

I allmost allways list my stuff on boards first then what don't sell goes on E-bay.

I am by no means an E-bay advocate but I do what I have to do that works for me. I also found allot of parts on e-bay for my Cuda that I either couldn't find anywhere else (which was most of the time) or got a better price on.

Anybody notice that NONE of the links in this thread work anymore?

TopHat

-
Back