ebay thief, Leesport Pennsylvania. SFauto-US

-

CichliDart

Well, where is it now?
Reaction score
Just a heads up FABO people.

There is an ebay seller that ripped me off for $400. on a 5.9/5.2 Hughes Airgap intake manifold. He was selling off some parts from his dakota or Durango and I used the buy it now feature. Long story short, he strung me along until it was too late to do anything about it. :banghead:

It was just prior to the Holidays and I mistakenly thought the item was mixed up in the shipping delays going on around xmas. I had opened up a case against him by mistake as I was just trying to contact him to follow up on the delay. I foolishly agreed to close the case as he promised that it was on its way. I have over 700 postive feedbacks on ebay and have never been ripped off or had to open a case on anyone until recently. This seller and another seller from Pennsylvania both ripped me off. I did get a refund through Paypal from the other guy who sold me a 5.7L Hemi and never shipped it.

The rip off artist goes by SFauto-US as his ebay handle. He is currently selling a Jeep intake manifold.

Bottom line I messed up! :sign3:
Shame on me for being suckered but the least I can do is try and keep anyone here from getting reeled in by this jerk.

If anyone knows him I of course would like some more contact information than ebay is willing to provide.

WOW feedback of 9 and real nice photo, too!!!

Since sellers cannot leave negative feedback on ebay I would be clicking the buy it now option for everything he put on ebay....at least until he blocks you. Cause the a-hole some hassle..........

Since sellers cannot leave negative feedback on ebay I would be clicking the buy it now option for everything he put on ebay....at least until he blocks you. Cause the a-hole some hassle..........

That's actually a purdy good idea. lol

I would leave him negative feedback since the link is still up and you haven't left any. That would hurt him worse than anything else at this point. Just be careful what you post and don't use PayPal or eBay in the feedback or it could get removed if he complains.

One negative will put his percentage under 90% and buyers will check out why.

I would leave him negative feedback since the link is still up and you haven't left any. That would hurt him worse than anything else at this point. Just be careful what you post and don't use PayPal or eBay in the feedback or it could get removed if he complains.

One negative will put his percentage under 90% and buyers will check out why.

I tried, it would not let me. Ebay states it is a closed auction. I guess after a certain amount of time you cannot leave feedback. Live and learn. I will certainly be a lot more cautious and less forgiving.

Might have to make a dummy account and wait for him to post some cheap items. Then pile on the negative feedback.

I am about a 1/2hr from there. Did you happen to get his name or address?

In Reference to Ebay problems:

I have purchased a lot of items off of ebay including both my barracudas, my dodge duely and a nice 4x4 "compact tractor." i have filed one lawsuit against a seller and threatened two others with litigation. obviously, the first course of action is to let ebay open a case. i had one of these recently and i got all my money back plus the shipping costs. my most recent case was "closed in my favor" almost immediately because i had taken pictures of the items i received and uploaded them to ebay along with the original pics the seller had posted in the ad. it was clear that the seller had not sent me what he had advertised. i have been an attorney for over 25 years now and a simple rule i learned my first year of law school applies to most things in life: "if you can't prove it, it DIDN'T happen." so FYI to my fellow mopar fans - take pictures and write everything down that you can just in case you may need to recreate/prove what happened at a later date. as to chilidart's case - even though the buyer is in CA and the seller is in PA i would tell the buyer to go to his local Magistrate/District Justice/Small Claims Court and file a suit. here in PA it only costs $37.50 to file a small claims suit and most people once they receive a suit via certified mail will think again about settling the dispute. and even if the person does not respond, go forward with the claim and obtain a judgment from your local court. it is a general rule in all states that if a judgment is not appealed within the time period prescribed by that state, the judgment becomes final. once this happens, all the plaintiff has to do is send the final judgment to the court where the defendant lives and proceed to "collect" the award of the court. the staff at your local court will explain how this can be done.

i always try to work things out with the occasional deadbeat seller that i encounter, however, sometimes you just have to pursue the "ball bat in the face" approach - legally that is.

Did you use pay pal? If so is it connected to a Credit Card?? If it is call your CC company tell them you never recieved the item they should refund your money unless he can prove you recieved the item.

I had to do this they called him by the time he called me shooting his mouth off saying I wouldn't get my money back it was already in my account!

I am about a 1/2hr from there. Did you happen to get his name or address?

Thanks Quick,

I REALLY appreciate your offer!
Unfortunately I did not get any of that stuff. :eek:ops:
I will make sure I get more information next time I deal with a low feedback seller, or seller in general.

I am thinking about contacting some of the people he has bought or sold items from on ebay to see if they will part with any information about him.

Mike

you can get the contact info from ebay site. go to site map click on contact info and fill in the blanks with the item number. You will get his address and phone number. The local police will also pay him a visit. Theft through mail across state lines is a felony.

Also go to details on your paypal account.

In Reference to Ebay problems:

I have purchased a lot of items off of ebay including both my barracudas, my dodge duely and a nice 4x4 "compact tractor." i have filed one lawsuit against a seller and threatened two others with litigation. obviously, the first course of action is to let ebay open a case. i had one of these recently and i got all my money back plus the shipping costs. my most recent case was "closed in my favor" almost immediately because i had taken pictures of the items i received and uploaded them to ebay along with the original pics the seller had posted in the ad. it was clear that the seller had not sent me what he had advertised. i have been an attorney for over 25 years now and a simple rule i learned my first year of law school applies to most things in life: "if you can't prove it, it DIDN'T happen." so FYI to my fellow mopar fans - take pictures and write everything down that you can just in case you may need to recreate/prove what happened at a later date. as to chilidart's case - even though the buyer is in CA and the seller is in PA i would tell the buyer to go to his local Magistrate/District Justice/Small Claims Court and file a suit. here in PA it only costs $37.50 to file a small claims suit and most people once they receive a suit via certified mail will think again about settling the dispute. and even if the person does not respond, go forward with the claim and obtain a judgment from your local court. it is a general rule in all states that if a judgment is not appealed within the time period prescribed by that state, the judgment becomes final. once this happens, all the plaintiff has to do is send the final judgment to the court where the defendant lives and proceed to "collect" the award of the court. the staff at your local court will explain how this can be done.

i always try to work things out with the occasional deadbeat seller that i encounter, however, sometimes you just have to pursue the "ball bat in the face" approach - legally that is.

WOW Jim,
You really know your stuff!

Here is where I blew it. I went to contact him about not receiving the item, one of the first messages I made to him. I ended up opening a case against him as I thought I was just sending him a message. This was very early in this mess so when he asked me to close it I STUPIDLY did so. I have to own that and admit my stupidity on that. A fool and his money are soon parted.

So once I closed the case I essentially forfeited all ability to have ebay go after him as well as Paypal. I have tried both avenues and ebay said they would message him to encourage him to take care of it with me but they could do nothing at this point. Ebay did give me the web page address for the FBI to file a report, which I did, but at this point I only have his ebay handle, all the ebay emails, and the ebay links to the item. No name, or email address or Brick and Mortar address.

At this time I am going to try and find out more about him and update the report I made to the FBI. I can also report him to the local Magistrate as you have shown how to do.

I mentioned in my original posting that I had another bad experience with a seller on ebay. I did file a report in a timely manner with ebay and they gave me a full refund. So I guess I am capable of learning from my mistakes.

Thank you for your detailed reply, I am saving this information as I am certain I will run into more deadbeats or rip off artitsts in the future.

Mike

Thanks Quick,

I REALLY appreciate your offer!
Unfortunately I did not get any of that stuff. :eek:ops:
I will make sure I get more information next time I deal with a low feedback seller, or seller in general.

I am thinking about contacting some of the people he has bought or sold items from on ebay to see if they will part with any information about him.

Mike

Mike,

Sorry I am NOT going there. I just don't want to deal with him nothing more. There are enough wack jobs out there and he could be one of them. If you had his name,it's a small world and I would let others know about his dealings and maybe he would do the right thing and refund you or send the parts. I outed a guy who ripped me off and got my money back in less than 24hrs it was no where near $400 but just the principle.

No Problem :cheers:

Just getting the word out would be great!

Just letting people know means a lot. A pricey lesson for me but I have already learned from it.

Thank you!

Mike

Mike,

Sorry I am NOT going there. I just don't want to deal with him nothing more. There are enough wack jobs out there and he could be one of them. If you had his name,it's a small world and I would let others know about his dealings and maybe he would do the right thing and refund you or send the parts. I outed a guy who ripped me off and got my money back in less than 24hrs it was no where near $400 but just the principle.

Are you sure that you can't find a feedback link? I have had to hunt real good sometimes but as long as the listing was still up I can't recall not finding a place to leave feedback. I think I went through the sellers feedback left one time.

-
Back