EFI for slants with this set up?

-

Easy

Reaction score
Has anyone used either of these before? They look interesting.

EFI-Hardware-E-Series-6-Cylinder-DCOE-Throttle-Bodies-45mm-and-50mm.jpg

Triple-Throttle-Body.jpg

Maybe for a screamin all out built. You don't want something like that on the street.

I agree with 67Dart273. Not very good on the street.
Good to idle and full throttle.Not much else.
72plymouth GTX-R ENG.JPG

It's a Slanty, give it 9" runner extensions, it'll be ahheyet.

AlkyDigger does electronic EFI Hilborn setups that work flawlessly.

runner extensions,
Agreed, That is what was wrong with this engine.When we were building this car(Never have a partner)
I wanted to do longer runners for function instead of show car cool looks. Cars are meant to be driven.

so is it the straight runners that make it less streetable? would something like this be more street friendly?

s-l1600.jpg

AlkyDigger does electronic EFI Hilborn setups that work flawlessly.
Yeh I should have mentioned this. However, I'm not sure the throttle control is all that "precise." In the same arc as you are normally cracking open a 1bbl, your foot is now opening what amounts to SIX one barrels.

It would be interesting to get a "face to face" with a factory individual throttle body setup like Audi or something to see how they took care of that. I don't recall the technical term, ther's a thing let's call it a "diminishing pulley" where the cable goes around a shaped half pulley that is shaped more like a half a pear.........so that you CAN precisely crack a bunch of barrels, and then the "foot ratio" increases as the barrels open.

In fact here's one now

Throttle Stop with Indexable Cable Pulley

Throttle-Stop-with-Indexable-Cable-Pulley.jpg

Six motorcycle carbs on a IR style of manifold have been used on the \6 multiple times. With good results. I don't see why a similar set up for EFI won't work either.

Six motorcycle carbs on a IR style of manifold have been used on the \6 multiple times. With good results. I don't see why a similar set up for EFI won't work either.
one carb per cylinder has been used on multi cylinder motorcycle engines for about forever. With excellent: idle, throttle response, torque and hp. Why would it be less successful on an automotive engine. Fuel injection would make for even more precise tuning.

-
Back