EFI options

-

Hyper Henry

Reaction score
Still gathering parts for a 470 ci (400 with ground 440 crank) and single T6 and wondering what's the best bet for and EFI setup? I already have a BG 750 blowthrough but the more I read the more I am being told to go straight to EFI. Is the Holley Sniper or Terminator that much better than a blowthrough? Or are there better systems? Looking for best bang for the buck but I am new to turbo's so looking for as much ease in tuning as possible. Thanks!

With something that big don't screw with TBI setups like the sniper. Go with Holley HP or the bigger one. You can actually run either TBI or port injection with that, but there are far more control options with that computer. All HP systems better than the sniper use the HP computer except the Dominator which is same basic computer with more outputs.

I would recommend running a port injection systems over a TB set up - Tuning and sensor inputs would be a little more work but it would allow for more tuning capabilities compared to a self learning TB system.

I am working with an MS3X for my 6.1 and it is proving to be quite fun to wire up and get started. I wanted to learn more about EFI systems and tuning so I decided to go with the MS3X as it requires way more work to set up. However, it is just as capable as most high line EFI systems and just as versatile.

The Holley system would allow for a rather quick install and offers huge amounts of technical support through their forums. The Holley systems are also reasonably priced these days to boot.

Still gathering parts for a 470 ci (400 with ground 440 crank) and single T6 and wondering what's the best bet for and EFI setup? I already have a BG 750 blowthrough but the more I read the more I am being told to go straight to EFI. Is the Holley Sniper or Terminator that much better than a blowthrough? Or are there better systems? Looking for best bang for the buck but I am new to turbo's so looking for as much ease in tuning as possible. Thanks!

It's very helpful to have direct, high-quality tuning & tech support from an authorized Holley vendor such as Rich at Fastman EFI. Especially when adding power adders.

-
Back