Emblem Question...

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I have a question. I'm one that I like to make what I have reflect what it truly is. Let me explain, my car is a 318, Gold Duster. When I bought the car the person who had it put a 340 decal on the rear quarter, and I might add they both were backwards because they were on the wrong sides. I asked him why, and of course I got the answer your already thinking, he said "cause I like it".. Just like I've seen the slant sixes with 340 & 360 decals on them along with the hood emblems of 340 or 360 Four Barrel,then you open the hood and there it is a slant six or a 318, so now you get my idea. I'm not a true purist, just like to reflect for myself what I have and not overstate the facts....(too much ..)
So my question is.......are there any metal emblems that say "318 Four Barrel", that can be mounted to say.... my hood scoop?. There are plenty of 340, 360, 383, and 440 emblems. I was just curious if anyone makes some or if there were truly ones on cars.. I know 318's were not the High Performance motors compared to the 340's and 360's, but mine does have a little "zing" to it and a pretty healthy sound. I'm sure a 340 could hand me my lunch, and that's okay cause this little engine is built for cruizing and eybrow raising... Now offense to all who choose to put whatever on your car, I'm just being me.. And oh by the way it does say 318 on the rear quarter now and correctly placed on the right fenders... I took off the 340...

19 Again..

Attachments

• Duster 2a.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 292
every time i see that car i drool. thats what mine wants to look like when it grows up lol. ive never seen a 318 four barrel emblem, but you could make stickers that say 318 four-barrel to replicate the 360 emblem. these are the emblems i use on mine. they are factory callouts for a 360 challenger hood. just a thought...

Attachments

• d127.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 279
So what makes you drool? I just kept it the way it was. I could have went to black interior and different ext color. But I had one just like this one when I was 19. So I'm kinda partial. LOL.

lets see, the rallyes, the hood tach, the chrome wheel well trim, the color , yea, the color, and i really like the canopy top, the fuel cap. your car looks great. a pair of body color sport mirrors would really add to it.

and how can we forget the window louvers LOL

Attachments

• mwl3.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 252
You Are funny! ROTFLMAO! I didn't realize you kept the picture for the louvers. If ya notice. Ow there's a 318 decal where it belongs.

You Are funny! ROTFLMAO! I didn't realize you kept the picture for the louvers. If ya notice. Ow there's a 318 decal where it belongs.

heck ya i kept that pic. those work so well on your car. the 318 in place of the 340 also works very nicely. you better be winning awards with this car because it the nicest 73(4)? i have layed my eyes on. well done :thumrigh:

It is a 73 and iam looking for a set of ralley mirrors. I wish the body lines were straighter. I bought it that way though. Body work will be in another year or two. I'll post ya some other pictures when I fire up my computer here after dinner.

It is a 73 and iam looking for a set of ralley mirrors. I wish the body lines were straighter. I bought it that way though. Body work will be in another year or two. I'll post ya some other pictures when I fire up my computer here after dinner.

i thought it was a 73, but i wasnt positive. mine came FY1 lemon twist from the factory, but i really want a metallic, and i really like your color, but i wont copy it LOL . i bought a couple F body louvers that im going to modify this winter.

I just saw an ad for a company that will make cast emblems for cars. I didn't save it but you could try googling them.

a mambr here was making custo 225 four barrel badges. I bet he could make a 318

Josecuda... !! You rock Dude, the first is from down under. How cool would it be to have an emblem like that.. It's still a Mopar part, just something from the opposite ends of the earth.. The other ones I actually bought a set played with them and decided it looked like something I would have done as a teeneager.. LOL, not that I wouldn't use them I 'm just more grown up now... Woo Who!!!!! (don't believe that last statement.. There's no such thing as a "mid-life Crisis", it just now the kids are gone and I can finally afford it!) LMAO!!

Here's a couple of other pictures for 73Abodee.... Give ya a couple different views..

Attachments

• Duster 4a.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 207
  • Duster 3a.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 219
  • Duster 1a.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 201
I found the email address for the member that makes emblems. He got back to me and is going to make one that has 318 Four Barrel on it. I'm stoked! Here is a picture of his work... Those will look good on the Hood Scoop... :headbang:

Attachments

• Emblems.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 200
Wow, those look nice! Who is this member? I want to see your finished product, please.
C

PM me and I can send you his E-mail address.. I'll update this after I receive the new emblems.. He said his ability to make these thru the month of October and into November the first couple of weeks is not happening. But I would assume after Mid-November on he should be able to..

Update... Work in progress.... I'm Stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roughed out, then cut out ready for final processes of polishing.......

Attachments

• Emblem 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Emblems 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 167
-
Back