Emergency brake and sub frame connectors

-

PatrioticMopar

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a new e-brake to install on my 72 Duster project. I already have subframe connectors welded in and now the normal “path” for the cable is blocked.

Would it be best to:
A) drill an angled hole in the subframe connector to try an maintain the original pathing?

B) Is there a custom kit out there for this exact problem?

C) find an alternative routing for the cable?

Thanks in advance!

i think when i did mine, i just drilled a hole somewhere and rerouted it
(i know, not very helpful)

but then again, i never use my park brake and couldnt care less

I had the same problem. I just drilled a new hole above the old one, which is going to get blocked off by the sub frame connector. Measure carefully, my cable had a smaller diameter on the rear-end side than the front-end side of the fitting that goes through the frame.

I had the same problem. I just drilled a new hole above the old one, which is going to get blocked off by the sub frame connector. Measure carefully, my cable had a smaller diameter on the rear-end side than the front-end side of the fitting that goes through the frame.
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I’ll drill it :thumbsup:

thats right!

two different sized holes, to keep it functional

Heres what I did to route it alongside the connector. First pic is the front view looking back. The front hole that the cable is inside is 3/4" The connector was not welded in yet at the time these pix were taken.

downloadfile-56.jpg

downloadfile-61.jpg

Last edited:
I drilled 2 slots one for an entrance and one for an exit in the subframe connector in line with the original cable path.

I also drilled thru the connector and spot welded a piece of steel tubing in at an angle for the cable to pass.

-
Back