• Match the Paint

Votes: 72 87.8%
  • Flat Black

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Black

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters
-
I will be painting the car Hemi Orange or Top Banana Yellow or maybe evern FM3 Panther Pink

Mother Mopar did not skimp and neither did I..

P1272454.jpg

Just me, I think body color for my car =P~and I have seen some nice drivers and race cars satin black or low gloss that looked good.
Main thing like most folks has said is enjoy and do what you like.
And if you don't have the time or the dime you can always change it next year. Enjoy and have fun :cheers:

I was thinking of hemi orange for the car, then something like this

100_1085.jpg

Mopar engine bay = body color.

I have a few cars that other people owned before me that have black engine compartments... BARF!!!

Black engine compartments for mopars belong on one car and one car only.... Black cars!!!

Let the hating begin!

shoot i have to scrub the hell out of my engine bay anyways, that thing is nasty. I just dont want to remove all the stuff that is rest, thats why haha, but I might just end up pulling the stuff out. Like the blower motor and the winshield wiper motor and the starter relay.

This just came to me, but what if I did half and half. Like the lower half a satin and most of the top body color. This what were most of the sludge and damage happens it's easy to fix

Body color. All body color.

That flat black engine bay looks nice because it's clean and all the wiring is tucked away. It would look even nicer in body color.

Of couse, do what you want, but you asked for opinions...

This just came to me, but what if I did half and half. Like the lower half a satin and most of the top body color. This what were most of the sludge and damage happens it's easy to fix

A 2 tone engine bay hmmmmm well that ought to gut under more than a few peoples skin so I say go for it!!!! lol :-D

if the car is black then BLACK it is, if it isn't black then it should be a chevy if you paint it black

I dislike seeing a Mopar with a engine compartment painted black on a car without a black paint job

I was ask to judge the mopars at a local car show, a super nice 69 340 Dart Swinger, picked a 63 Max Wedge car that was not as nice but the Dart turned me off with the black engine compartment.

But as others have started do what you want/like

low112.jpg

You know Alot of people are just Mopar people, But if its a Muscle car I will like it no matter what. Ive seen alot of muscle cars with nice paint jobs then the engine bay is black. Which is telling me that many are doin the same. I will give it sometime, becasue maybe Ill go with a different color in the engine bay, but i need time to think

Engine bays in black are like engine blocks in black Blah!!!!!! just my .02
mike

If the motor is out then paint it the body color. I went with semi-gloss black only because we did not pull the motor at this time. I was lucky to pick up a car with only 63,500 original miles on it and is not in need of motor work yet. We will drive the car for a few years then maybe rebuild it and go with the body color.

64 dodge dart gt 273 push button auto
66 chevy II 2 door sedan stick six

All mfgrs eventually painted engines and bays black to hide leaks and nasty.
Makes touching up scratches a lot simpler too.
Doing that to a classic suggests you have something to hide.
Those that paint the engine bay black and then leave the radiater support body color showing through the grilles really dont have a clue. LOL

shoot i have to scrub the hell out of my engine bay anyways, that thing is nasty. I just dont want to remove all the stuff that is rest, thats why haha, but I might just end up pulling the stuff out. Like the blower motor and the winshield wiper motor and the starter relay.

Pull everything out that you can remove. It will pay in the long run.

In order for the engine bay to get sprayed properly I had to remove the motor. Then I had to remove everything I could and tape out the rest. Then I striped the paint with paint remover. Then I sanded, prime, sanded, prime etc.. It's a lot of work and dedication but it looks great. Things like this draws the line between a "car still in the box" or "car that is out of the box". I like to be out of the box!

Engine bay resto 006.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

If you know what color the exterior will be I would shoot it with that color. If you want a good match be sure to use the EXACT same brand, formula# and system. Don't use one brand for the jambs and engine bay and another for the exterior. You will see a difference. Good Luck

-
Back