Engine dyno vs chassis dyno

ENGINE DYNO OR CHASSIS DYNO, Which 1 would you pick and why???

• ENGINE DYNO

Votes: 56 29.5%
  • CHASSIS DYNO

Votes: 134 70.5%

• Total voters
-
I'm having my 410 dyno'd when it go's back together.

This way when/if it doesn't run the #'s I know what not to look into.

After that, the chassis dyno to see how much is being eaten up, and a lil tuning.

I'm having my 410 dyno'd when it go's back together.

This way when/if it doesn't run the #'s I know what not to look into.

After that, the chassis dyno to see how much is being eaten up, and a lil tuning.

And we have a winner! :cheers:

If you don't know what you start with, how can the chassis numbers mean anything or what type of drivetrain loss you incur.... Hmmmmm...

Chassis, I always figure I drive and race the car not just the motor. But you have to know what you are looking at sometimes. Go to a really loose converter and watch the numbers go down on the dyno but the car goea faster. Just my 2 cents.

they both have there places,engine dyno of use break in and changes engine, chassis dyno for rear wheel hp shift points

Poor man's dyno:

http://www.gtechpro.com/

Yeh....LOL I have an old one.....

ProSmallGrey.jpg

As well as a little newer one.......

gtechpro.jpg

Engine dyno first than test and tune. Its alot easier to change jets and timing on the enging dyno. Engine dyno is also a good place to find any leaks before you have stuff in the way.

Chassis dyno for me. I put my car on chassis dyno last year, in 30 minutes picked up 40 HP. The adjustments were made to my Ignition box, and fuel pressure regulator. Would have taken all day at the track for same accomplishment. Also, unless you use the same ignition box and fuel pump and regulator off your car on the engine dyno, these issues would not have been seen. Most engine dynos have their own box and fuel pumps/regs. Granted, chassis dyno numbers are not as "Radical", but those are the numbers pushing you down the track.
Both are good tools.

-
Back