Engine install

-
Oh you won't be doing it by yourself LOL I never do.. inevitably my wife always gets involved... that's why I claim she knows more than about 75% of the people on this forum...
Yea that's the problem! My wife dont get involved with projects like this haha.

From the looks of those pictures he has headers on it. I got those cheap summit full length headers. That. Maybe something I gotta wiggle in from the top lol

Yeah, I saw that. I don’t run headers that look like that. I’m sure the small tube cheap headers will go in from the bottom assembled, but I doubt a good 1.750 header will, and I know a 1.875 header will not.

Yea that's the problem! My wife dont get involved with projects like this haha.
well you got plenty of time like you said I'm sure when the time comes you can get a friend or get somebody up a neighbor or something just to help you for a half hour. Sometimes you just need someone to hold er steady...

Yeah, I saw that. I don’t run headers that look like that. I’m sure the small tube cheap headers will go in from the bottom assembled, but I doubt a good 1.750 header will, and I know a 1.875 header will not.
Nothing I have is good or expensive! :lol:

Mine wife will help, but I have to bribe her.
The other day I couldn't get her off the purge button on the nitrous LOL I'm like honey that's $6.50 a pound!! I've got videos of my wife wire Wheeling her barracuda floorboards or slipping the cam in her engine. She's helped me do just about everything I can think of. Cleaning parts whatever. she's a girly girl buys purses and shoes like they're going out of style, but if it means helping me out with something I enjoy just to keep me enthused about it she's on board..

well you got plenty of time like you said I'm sure when the time comes you can get a friend or get somebody up a neighbor or something just to help you for a half hour. Sometimes you just need someone to hold er steady...
Yea I got time to formulate a plan. I got alot of work to do still yet. I just wanted to get some ideas and so far I have got alot. I really appreciate it them you guys.
I think I can make it work from the bottom. I may try a dry run with just the k frame and my old 318 block just to see how hard it will be to get it aligned by pulling it with my truck. I think it will be harder than I'm imagining lol. I gotta get my rearend put in ole harbor freight is taking their sweet time with the Dial gauges

you just lay the headers in their head of time I always do and just put the motor in and bring them up to the motor as it comes in...

you just lay the headers in their head of time I always do and just put the motor in and bring them up to the motor as it comes in...
Yea that's what I was thinking if your coming from the top too.

That would work if my headers weren’t 3 separate pieces per side and slip on collectors. The 7 and 8 tubes go between the torsion bar and body. It’s a tight fit.

Mine wife will help, but I have to bribe her.
Mine wont at all I mean sometimes I can get her to listen to me talk about my car but that's about it. She hates it lol she dont understand why I spend all the time and effort and money on a 45 year old car. But it's ok I don't understand a lot of things she likes haha.

I think you're making this far more difficult than it should be. You're going to want to be over the action and watching how things line up not in your truck pulling a car over top of your motor. It still is slim fit dropping that down on there.
I think if you just Jack the motor up in the air like you said and rolled the car underneath it like you said all finished and done headers waiting this would keep it simple.. do yourself a favor and put the cars wheels up on two by sixes or something so it rolls easily and you're not trying to lug it through the grass.. or at the very least if you're going to try this silly put it on the k frame and roll it around on the ground method put a big sheet of plywood down there so you can simulate a smooth floor...

That would work if my headers weren’t 3 separate pieces per side and slip on collectors. The 7 and 8 tubes go between the torsion bar and body. It’s a tight fit.
We're not trying to get your headers in the car goof.. we're talkin dartfreak 75 and I had almost guarantee he's got cheap Summit headers just like me we're not high rollers like you LOL...

I think you're making this far more difficult than it should be. You're going to want to be over the action and watching how things line up not in your truck pulling a car over top of your motor. It still is slim fit dropping that down on there.
I think if you just Jack the motor up in the air like you said and rolled the car underneath it like you said all finished and done headers waiting this would keep it simple.. do yourself a favor and put the cars wheels up on two by sixes or something so it rolls easily and you're not trying to lug it through the grass.. or at the very least if you're going to try this silly put it on the k frame and roll it around on the ground method put a big sheet of plywood down there so you can simulate a smooth floor...
I already thought of the 2x6s!

We're not trying to get your headers in the car goof.. we're talkin dartfreak 75 and I had almost guarantee he's got cheap Summit headers just like me we're not high rollers like you LOL...
Yep like 89 bucks from summit

I’m trying to convince you to pry open that rusty wallet and buys some good headers LOL.

a lot of people don't understand what it's like to work out in the grass and in the dirt.. again that's why I don't like this rolling the engine underneath malarkey...
Thanks man I appreciate it. You may be right (this one time) hahaha:poke:

I’m trying to convince you to pry open that rusty wallet and buys some good headers LOL.
Me or jpar? If you pry open my wallet your gonna be scared shocked and probably feel sorry for me! Haha I just spent like 1500 bucks on car parts I'm broke haha

Between my Speedmaster heads and my Nitrous system I could have easily bought trick flow heads and been on my way to buying TTI headers. But I guarantee one push of the button is going to surpass any horsepower those expensive items would have provided... "SEE YA"....:D..

Between my Speedmaster heads and my Nitrous system I could have easily bought trick flow heads and been on my way to buying TTI headers. But I guarantee one push of the button is going to surpass any horsepower those expensive items would have provided... "SEE YA"....:D..
I still gotta get a couple things. A radiator a starter and do whatever I need to do for the transmission. I'm not sure what to do there yet I'm gonna try to take the pan off clean it change the filter and fluid and hope for the best lol as far as the starter goes I'm probably gonna rob one of my 01 5.9 engine. Doesnt the magnum engines come with the mini starters from the factory?

-
Back