Engine over revs clucth engaging?

-

Navy_Chief

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys,
My engine seems to over rev while going down the road at hi way speeds. It seems to me that the clutch may be engaging slightly while driving even with my foot off the clutch because I notice a change in my RPM's?

How do I adjust the clutch this is a A833 it is brand new and has less than a 1,000 miles on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Matt

Clutch pedal should move about an inch or so with out engaging the clutch, that is your free play, that is the only adjustment on a stock type clutch, look at your clutch linkage off the clutch fork, should have an adjustment there.

YIKES. If the clutch is SLIPPING it and the throwout bearing won't last long

Chief sounds like you have it backwards. A "normal" clutch, no foot on the pedal, driving down the road is "engaged." It is DISengaged (or released) when you depress the pedal.

Sounds like it is slipping, or otherwise not engaging for some reason. Most likely is the clutch linkage is not adjusted correctly (too long) causing the pressure plate to be in the condition "same as" your foot somewhat on the pedal.

Only adjustment on Mopar clutches with factory parts is the rod down directly hooking to the release fork.

With the pedal fully up, play with it a bit. There should be a little "free" play at the top. If it seems immediately "stiff" with no movement, that would confirm what I'm saying.

It sounds like you're saying the tranny is new ?is the clutch ?
4tg gear slip is usually a bad clutch....

-
Back