Engine Rebuilders

-
That $20 stethoscope you could picked up last week, would probably have given you conclusive evidence, insteada ALL of us wearing out our crystal ball . .

As much as I would love a 408, I would be looking for a similar LA360. Highly doubt my 904 trans, rear end and suspension could handle a 408. Unless I am wrong....
There's other builders that offer crates, Blueprint does offer a milder 375 hp 408, even if you do somewhat mild hop ups to 360 you'll be around there. What is your rear end ? if 7 1/2 not strong enough any V8.

There's other builders that offer crates, Blueprint does offer a milder 375 hp 408, even if you do somewhat mild hop ups to 360 you'll be around there. What is your rear end ? if 7 1/2 not strong enough any V8.
I actually have had a few that never had issues. I am not easy on parts.
I did break a 8.75 behind a slant.

Could not pinpoint where the noise is coming from with the stethoscope. Placed it on the valve cover, heads, oil pan, bellhousing, etc. and did not hear the obvious ticking/knocking.

Could not pinpoint where the noise is coming from with the stethoscope. Placed it on the valve cover, heads, oil pan, bellhousing, etc. and did not hear the obvious ticking/knocking.

Did you unscrew the needle tip piece, and use the remaining "trumpet" end to get direction ? Then put trumpet on v/covers etc .
I can put trumpet on valve cover and hear each rocker as I move it along .

IMG_20230919_103033_948.jpg

It's no louder or dimmer as it moves around, can't decide one side of engine, up or down.
I'm stunned .
Try blowing thru the tube, must be plugged .

I put my earphones on, and listened closely to all vids,
I kinda wished you'd gone to the drivers side, but regardless,
Is it possible to get vid at reg idle, not racing .
Did you put washers on with the converter bolts .
As mentioned, check the converter bolts, cuz their easy, it doesn't sound "tinny" enuff for trans cover .
My instinct is still valve train .
I expected the noise to be very distinct .
Good luck .

-
Back