Engine removal question

-
just get it up high! It will jump right in!
gd.png

Yes just wrap a little bit of wire from the middle two header tubes to the front shock tip sticking out of the firewall and up she comes. I like the silver on Silver because mine's the same LOL and I loved my visit in Michigan this last summer visiting family. As my wife and I traveled across the country from Oregon we didn't feel at home again until we got to Michigan and started seeing trees. Not the same species in those places and not as big but still lots of them. Lots more nature too.

Mine from the top,wasn't too bad...

View attachment 1715113329

..here's the thing - if you only need to remove the engine to do some engine work - it still has to be separated from the trans and presumably put onto an engine stand (yea?) - so you guys who advocate for the under and out approach are adding a step (or 6) because once it's out it still has to come off of the K frame.. (and be hoisted up onto the stand) - with the up and out approach, it already is off the K frame - hoist it up, swing it out and bolt it onto your engine stand - done.
Suffice to say - both methods have their positive and negative sides.

Last edited:
Grade 5 hardware is a good idea if you're going to use a chain or a leveler - I have used the carb adapter plate with 100% success BUT it was engine only. Curious, where in VT are ya? If you're close by I can come give you a hand. You can PM me if you don't want everyone to know.
Anywhere near Newfane by chance?

You sir, we are going to our yearly Thanksgiving week in Newfane ( Williamstown) at a really neat cottage on the Rock River. Every year I miss the opportunity to meet fabo brethren from Vermont. We travel to Brattleboro for the Grafton cheese factory. And Putney for the maple syrup store.

nice - I am not too far from there at all - though I do tend to travel south rather than north on most occasions..

What the heck! Maple syrup and cheese?! I would never derail a thread like this! LOL

Edit: I don't like being this dishonest,yes I would...

Yeah man.....great thread. I read the whole thing. I'm an out the bottom kinda a puller myself. but I would do a few more steps just to avoid the header bolting in situation. I like to know that I got those flanges nice n square and cinched down just right. I cant wait to have a 4 speed again.

Agreed on the 4 speed again. I ran an automatic all summer, unquestionably the best automatic I've ever handled.
But it was just not a stick........

Need I say more?:D

Yeah man.....great thread. I read the whole thing. I'm an out the bottom kinda a puller myself. but I would do a few more steps just to avoid the header bolting in situation. I like to know that I got those flanges nice n square and cinched down just right. I cant wait to have a 4 speed again.

-
Back