Ever decide to change your life 180 degrees?

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
I have been doing exactly that over the last couple weeks.
A couple weeks ago i found out i could have a heart problem and my Dr. put me on a diet cut out caffeine and some other things i decided to go a step farther and put myself on an even more restrictive diet and started eating alot healthier and so far i have dropped 12 pounds!
Besides that i have also decided at the age of 34 to go back to school to get an associates degree in residential and commercial wiring,i start classes in 3 weeks.
So if your tired of living a life your not happy with do something about it don't put it off take it from me you will be glad you did! I only wish i would have done these things 10 years ago!

Thats awesome news Kev. After reading the title of the thread I thought you went and bought a Chevy! Glad to hear the good news and i wish you the best of luck.

I did a 180 change about 4 years ago, left the service, moved back to the states had a baby and went into the commercial diving industry a huge change from the aerospace government side of things. You can do anything you want to in this life, thats the gift of life its self. Congrats on the change, I know everything will work out for you, keep a good attitude and that will make the biggest diffrence at what ever you end up doing.

Changed from a B-body man to an A-body man a few years ago. Never looked back.

Seriously though, I recently switched careers. I left the printing industry after 15 years to become an auto mechanic. I made the right choice; I love working on cars and was miserable in printing for longer than I could remember.

Getting married and having kids will change your life pretty dramatically too.

That is great Kev! I bet you feel better. I have much respect for someone doing things of this nature. Good luck at school.

I have been feeling off track for a while. Not knowing what is going on with me or what it is exactly. I believe this divorce has been weighing on my mind because I'm fixing to go to court. It isn't a ugly divorce but I feel like I have failed and taking on anything else like school and fail at that would be dreadful.

Thanks guys! I have been thinking about going back to school off and on for a couple years now but never did anything about it,with the encouragement of my girlfriend i decided this is the time to do it.
We have talked on more than one occasion about one day getting married and i decided this is what i need to do to make sure i can provide for us and make sure that i can give her a good like life like she deserves.
As for the weight the few of you that have met me in person know that i'm not a small guy,but my Dr. finally managed to scare me enough to finally do something about it! I have a weight of what i would like to get down to but i have a long way to go to reach that goal!

Excellent Dude...I wish you luck on everything. Hey I start school in 3 weeks, for my masters degree concetrating in Project Management.

Changed from a B-body man to an A-body man a few years ago. Never looked back.

Seriously though, I recently switched careers. I left the printing industry after 15 years to become an auto mechanic. I made the right choice; I love working on cars and was miserable in printing for longer than I could remember.

Getting married and having kids will change your life pretty dramatically too.

I hear ya man!!

@ EvilScamp Congrats I wish you all the luck with school and all!

Hey man, I know how you feel. I did this about 3 months ago. I changed alot in my life and started eating healthier and I lost about 15 pounds and have been keeping it off. I exercise more and went from the doc telling me that I am overweight, and might need blood pressure meds to pulse/ blood pressure were perfect and I whatever I did just keep doing it!
Whatever you do just continue this good path to better living. You will really like how things like this can change your outlook to alot in your life.

Good luck!!

congrats man and i need to lose weight bad. So can you tell me what kind of diet you are on? Best of luck and dont stop.Mopar658)

Congrats.It,s all about choices in life!Sounds like your making good ones.Keep up the good work and everything should fall into place.

Yup good for you Kev, I did it 6 months ago, complete 180 that is, doing something I've never done before, feel great and the best part is my wife likes being around me again. When the stress is "killing ya" (and it will) get off the crazy train before it's to late.

Terry

12 lbs? Holy jumpen Jesus man, your wasting away!!
Just kidding Kev. It sounds like you have your ducks in a row now. CONGRATS!

Jack

Thats awesome! I have to give you all the credit in the world for taking a negative and using it as motivation to make your life more positive!! Keep it up!!

congrats man. always a good feeling when your doing something that makes you happy or that will benefit you for the rest of your life. just dont go around partying like a college student.

Way to go Kev! Congrats. Just remember, it took years to get to your current weight, so don't get discouraged trying to loose too much too fast. Slow and easy does it. And good luck with school and the career change.

I was 40 years old before I even touched my first computer, but quickly became interested in what makes them tick. Back to school, learn the trade, practice by opening my own computer buisness as a side line, and for the past 11 years I've been employed as a full time computer and network analysy by a large global company. You can do anything you set your mind to if you want it bad enough, so go do it bud. :)

Almost 10 yrs ago I had to make a change...the wife divorced me, took the house, the kids, most of my paycheck, etc. I went to school after cashing out my 401K and six months later started the job I had wanted to do since I was 6. I made the leap from Lab Tech @ $9.oo an hr. to patrolman @ $13.75 an hr, met and married a good woman, had a good boy with her and just celebrated my 8th yr with her. Life throws you some curves but they aren't all going to be strikes.

congrats man and i need to lose weight bad. So can you tell me what kind of diet you are on? Best of luck and dont stop.Mopar658)

For me i was a big soda and bread eater i cut out all the soda and started drinking alot more water and low sugar juices and the bread i cut by 90% and switched to Lite bread about a quarter the calories of regular bread.
I also switched from eating sweets to eating more fruits if i crave something sweet,so far it's working.

Good luck to you,it's hard to do but it feels great when you stop on that scale and it's a couple pounds less than before!

12 lbs? Holy jumpen Jesus man, your wasting away!!

Jack

Yep wasting away you remember that i was all skin and bones when you met me Jack! LOL!
Now that i'm gonna be skinny guess i'll have to give up bear wrestling!:angry7:

-
Back