Evil looking red paints?

-
While I'm restoring my dart I like to look for some good color choices, its been dubbed "Project Satan" so everything is going to be black and red, real mean looking. I haven't found too many good colors, If you can include the name of the paint that you post it would be appreciated.

The last car I painted I did in green. As I was grumbling to my paint supplier about how expensive paint has become he told me "just be glad you ain't shooting it in red!" According to my guy, the reds have become one of the most expensive colors to shoot because the cost of the the red tints have gone way up. Something to do with the older common (read "cheaper") tints becoming regulated out of existence by the EPA.

But hey, if you want to go red, why not do a two-tone black and "Darth Maul Red?" I think it pretty much captures the essence of "mean looking" that you are after.

3262487_orig.jpg

HIP HOP RED!! My son's '46 Chevy before a I assembled it.... Some pics now that he's been driving it for a few years.You can literally see him coming from a mile away!!Treblig

Attachments

• DSC02145.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC02144.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC01093.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC01092.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC01091.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC01090.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC01089.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC01088.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 335
I haven't been on FABBO for a good couple months (finished highschool and now I have a job) and I come back and I didnt expect to see this thread! Dart hasn't had much done (too many other projects :/ ) but I'm slowly getting everything cleared and the new job is giving me some income for the car so im hoping to get somewhere with it soon!

I think most reds will look 100% better with a lot of accenting black pieces! I probably wont decide on a red for a bit but its nice to use this thread for pics of any red cars.

I seen a dodge ram with this color and im 100% sold.

"Deep crystal cherry pearl"

God damn is it EVIL

f_247309514-91b83165.jpeg

84753212-640.jpg

71990796.jpg

Not too bright in the light, and not too dark out of it. I love it!

Really nice. Wonder how hard it is to spray a pearl.

This is the red I chose for my 1970 Ford Pickup project. It's from Southern Polyurethanes, http://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/, and it's their "base coat red". I wanted the loudest, gaudiest, brightest red I could find.

Attachments

• spi_red.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 288
That R6 red looks wicked!
Any pictures of that base coat red in the light outside?

That R6 red looks wicked! Any pictures of that base coat red in the light outside?
Not the best photo but here it is on the firewall of my truck, in the sun, and couple of other shots from in the garage with the door open. I just got the single stage for my interior but it comes in base/clear also. I'm sure the base/clear is much brighter than the single stage.

Attachments

• mms_img308458329.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 271
  • mms_img469637529.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 263
  • mms_img1234759355.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 245
My Duster matched my truck. I love this color!

Cley

Attachments

• On the road (640x480).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 242
The evil is in the pearl... and by that I mean the $$$

I wanted to go similar to that cobra on the 1st page of this thread or the Audi above, then I looked at what it would take to get that color/effect.

$$$

The meanest car I've seen, to date, was a gloss black Dodge Demon with a red interior that had a budweiser beer tap for a shift knob.

It had a 440 in it with fenderwell headers and orange headlights.

-
Back