Exhaust sounds True duals vs X-pipe or H-pipe.

-
I removed the crossover and I have 3 inch from collector to the race pro mufflers. I like it better idling like this. I need to have someone else drive it so I can hear it going by. Best part is that the drone from 1800-2000 is gone. It is quieter inside at 45 mph. I have not tested the sound volumes but I will and compare with the decibels I measured before the change.

I have read many articles on the benefits of crossovers, yada yada yada. I like the sound of true duals in this video from this site.

Versus his crossover.

Mine is quieter than his crossover

I have also searched and this comparison was all I could find of the differences. Does anyone here have a before and after when switching from duals to crossover or the other way so that I can hear the differences? I am not worried about power differences. I have enough. I also watched the Engine Masters show about it and they found very little differences in HP, Torque and sound levels. But they did acknowledge that they sounded differently. Decibel levels of 129, 128 and 127 from straight, H, and X.

Show me your comparisons. Currently , I have an X pipe Pypes 3 into 2.5 with race pro exhaust.

Glad I saw this, exhaust is going on my Cuda next week and was planning on some sort of H or X. Not now, side by side is the only sound for me.

-
Back