Explain your username here --->

-
Well, I am 6 foot 7 inches tall, size 15 shoe, and had many people call me Sasquatch or Bigfoot over the years, which I just morphed into missing link, but that was too obvious. I used to drive a Lincoln Mark VII that was missing the "Linc" from the decklid emblem, and there you have it.

And you drive an A-Body ? This I gotta see ! Lol

I started out as "Rainy Day Auto" which is still my user name on FBBO and FCBO. It is the name of the shop of my dreams that I would open if I won the lotto or somehow came into money to open a shop.

I changed to Princess valiant here because my mom's favorite cartoon to read in the paper was prince valiant. A few years ago they discontinued the cartoon series in the local newspaper, so my mom said "I guess there's no more prince valiant so I will entertain myself with the adventures of princess valiant instead" as she pointed to my 63 valiant in the garage and laughed.

I have a 63 and 69 valiant.

In 1967 I bought a highly Modified (fast) 1965 Dart. Family life got in the way and I had to sell it. When I joined I was looking to replicate that car thus "Back in Time". Never could find the right one in the condition I wanted and could afford and ended up buying a pretty nice 64 Dart GT. Old age caught up with me this time and I sold it but continue to come here.

It's what my friends called me?????????? My friends names were Mas and Racso, close friends!!

I originally wanted to build a Time Attack car out of a 65 273 cuda, and had a bunch of 273 question since there's very little info on built ones, so I just called myself 273, plans never happened sold it and bought a running driving 68 Valiant with 380hp create engine so I can drive and enjoy while fixing it up.

Well I have five vehicles (Mopars) all painted Sublime and Black.
No more complicated than that. At track folks would talk about my Cuda, and there is typically several Cuda’s at track on race day so I would explain, “ the Sublime one” when asked which one.

EBBC331F-FB4E-4B79-B042-B24D22905CCA.jpeg

8A1FCA49-CE82-4198-A69F-FEAB7E24F41A.jpeg

Keith Mopar, really straight forward. Mostly owned Mopars. I've owned about 30 A bodies but I'm down to 3. 65 Barracuda, 71 Demon and 74 Duster. And a pile of other Mopars even FWD stuff and still have 2.

Although I don't go by Al I had a coworker call me Cuda Al (pre internet), it got adopted and has never left.
Nothing cryptic about it.

Alan

Mine started at age 18 when I joined eBay... and then I took it everywhere after that. Mostly on tractor forums, and then any other forums as my interests scattered when I had more disposable income... oh, you might want to know what it all means... WV is the easy part to understand, but not many heard of a 1950ish Ottawa Buzzmaster walk behind tractor with a 30” saw blade to cut down trees! No I never tried it for that... but it was the only running tractor I was given for free because I appreciated it, and I was only 17 at the time... now I am 31, and it’s still in my shop on stands to protect the tires. Not because it doesn’t run but because it is unwieldy to navigate, and useless for anything but cutting things, which I don’t do anyway. I could take it to shows but after nearly running myself over when starting it in gear with blade engaged at a tractor show I kinda opted to stash it away cause taking it to shows became a liability when I realized starting on one pull flawlessly in gear with blade on... can not leave it unattended to enjoy the show myself...

mine is pretty straight forward.. i was the local abody guy in town and my name is joe.. then some friends started calling me abodyjoe when referring to me. ..

Mine started at age 18 when I joined eBay... and then I took it everywhere after that. Mostly on tractor forums, and then any other forums as my interests scattered when I had more disposable income... oh, you might want to know what it all means... WV is the easy part to understand, but not many heard of a 1950ish Ottawa Buzzmaster walk behind tractor with a 30” saw blade to cut down trees! No I never tried it for that... but it was the only running tractor I was given for free because I appreciated it, and I was only 17 at the time... now I am 31, and it’s still in my shop on stands to protect the tires. Not because it doesn’t run but because it is unwieldy to navigate, and useless for anything but cutting things, which I don’t do anyway. I could take it to shows but after nearly running myself over when starting it in gear with blade engaged at a tractor show I kinda opted to stash it away cause taking it to shows became a liability when I realized starting on one pull flawlessly in gear with blade on... can not leave it unattended to enjoy the show myself...
I'd have never guessed "walk behind tractor". I'm learning quite a bit from this thread :)

Hungarian Great uncle called me Pishta when I was a baby even though it wasn't my name. Passed soon after that but I made him smile according to my Dad. :(. Pista means something like 'meal' , eg. a grain that had been ground....Weird nickname and most of the time misspelled as phista..

I used to run a 32 Chevy rat rod. Its name was "Clementine". It was my avatar for many years. Good on ya guys for not giving me ****......but ya didnt even notice....did ya?

qkcuda, was the closest personalized licence plate I could get to quick cuda. I always raced a cuda, and they were called Quicksilver which also fits the plate. The 66 is the original Quicksilver, and the 69 is Quicksilver II (painted on the hood scoop). My last cuda was actually the quickest running 11.50 in street trim. I never named it, it was just always referred to as the race car. Now the plate resides on a slow 66 Charger because I am too cheap to replace it.

66 racecar.jpg

old racecar.jpg

Cayuga Mopar Day 2.jpg

Charger St Thomas.jpg

barbee6043, well thats the original spelling of the Barbee Doll dad invented, that where it comes from, yes just a fact. He actually made 6,043 dolls before he perfected that doll. Sorta like WR 40 and their 40th formula. Dad was not that fast. He was an inventer, invented lots of cool stuff, smart guy, but lost all the $$$$ he made, gone when he decided to get into restoring old cars, that is, the Edsel. Go figure???

Hungarian Great uncle called me Pishta when I was a baby even though it wasn't my name. Passed soon after that but I made him smile according to my Dad. :(. Pista means something like 'meal' , eg. a grain that had been ground....Weird nickname and most of the time misspelled as phista..
My grandfather used to call me Brammetje when I was little
It is Dutch for little Abraham, but has nothing to do with my name (and to the best of my knowledge, I don't have any close relatives by that name, so no idea where he got it from)
Grandma was old-school and believed in the authority of a name and she would get so mad when he called me that
Grandpa died when I was 7 or so but guess what my first born is called?

barbee6043, well thats the original spelling of the Barbee Doll dad invented, that where it comes from, yes just a fact. He actually made 6,043 dolls before he perfected that doll. Sorta like WR 40 and their 40th formula. Dad was not that fast. He was an inventer, invented lots of cool stuff, smart guy, but lost all the $$$$ he made, gone when he decided to get into restoring old cars, that is, the Edsel. Go figure???
You win the award for the most unique story. At least in my book.

-
Back