explaining cars to the old lady

-

72swinger83

Reaction score
Now i am not trying to say i know everything about mopars or cars in general but does everybody else enjoy explaining cars and general knowledge trivia to their significant others as I do, she is really interested in what is what when i comes to vehicles and I really do enjoy talking with her about them, god I love her(sometimes haha)

My old lady on the other hand does not understand my passion, does not want to try to understand it, and could give 2 chits about it!

72swinger, that's awesome! Most don't have the patience to help somebody learn about something new. A willing audience is a big help.

Before you know it she'll be offering suggestions you might actually consider. Watch out when the aftermarket supplier catalogs start showing up with HER name on them. LOL She might just surprise ya and open up a powder coating shop or something. :-D

Awesome dude! My wife has become more passionate about classic cars since we got ours. she has always had an interest in them, but now shes really trying! She quizzes herself each time one goes by trying to guess the make and model.
I am thinking about making her flash cards:-D

You got yourself a good lady there 72swinger!

Now i am not trying to say i know everything about mopars or cars in general but does everybody else enjoy explaining cars and general knowledge trivia to their significant others as I do, she is really interested in what is what when i comes to vehicles and I really do enjoy talking with her about them, god I love her(sometimes haha)

Yeah, my Wife just "acts' interested but she hates it.

I had a cool situation when I took my car to it's very first show, and a couple in their mid 20's came over and the girl was asking questions about my car to her boyfriend and he was explaining everything she pointed to like the shift light, the tach, the switches on the dash, the fire extinguisher, the fuel cell, roll cage, the battery, and the list went on.
I got a kick out of listening to their conversation, it was really cute, and she really seemed interested knowing what all the different things were.

Well my girlfriends brother was killed in action iraq and he had a 72 chevelle ss, that after much begging to his wife was finally given to the old lady's sister, and my brother was killed by his wife in texas while serving active duty had the swinger in my avatar, so cars run deep with us, and she really wants one of her own, real bad, but she is getting really attatched to the dart swinger, and loves helping me clean and wash and polish, and has been real understanding when it comes to spending money on the car.

I dont always give her enough credit she is a good woman

yea, you may have heard about it, it was a pretty big case, Michael Severance, the custody case of my nephew Shane made big news as well

The car under my name was my brothers before he was killed, hope this clearifies a little

I try. She likes the car and going to car shows and even will help me work on it some but she is not all that in to me jabering on about cars all day. But she puts up with it.

I can safely say my wife (of many years) is interested in cars and their innerworkings. I enjoy telling her about whatever car subject is the topic of the day. And she genuinely listens too!!!!

When we were doing the nostalgia s/s thing for a few years she was the road manager, crew chief, crew, and sometimes cook. Every so often I look at the many pictures & videos that were given to us by various people where it shows her walking me through a burn-out, lining me up, pre-staging the car, checking track temp, etc. Yes, I'm truely lucky.

And for all of this I'm fitting her for her own seat for my new 8.0 sec ride.

Guys, be careful what you wish for!!!! (LOL) Just kidding dear!?!?!?

sscuda

i don't think the women in our lives get enough credit weather they are interested or not, they put up with it, but it makes it alot more enjoyable for me knowing if i need to buy something for the car that I have her blessing. It's also nice to talk about something I know a little bit about, and actually have her listen to me, unlike the wedding plans she keeps making while i watch tv and say uh huh sounds good babe, whatever you want, haha, is that bad?

i don't think the women in our lives get enough credit weather they are interested or not, they put up with it, but it makes it alot more enjoyable for me knowing if i need to buy something for the car that I have her blessing. It's also nice to talk about something I know a little bit about, and actually have her listen to me, unlike the wedding plans she keeps making while i watch tv and say uh huh sounds good babe, whatever you want, haha, is that bad?

72 Swinger,

Take it from somebody with many years of experience. If you don't pay attention to the little lady when she's asking you something she feels is important you may be saying "uh huh" to something very expensive or something you don't need, usually both. In my many years of wedded bliss I've paid for things I don't remember saying "yes" to, so many times. Your kids will learn to do that too, so be prepared.

sscuda

I understand that I need to listen to her and I usually do but most of the time I am reading threads on FABO, while she rambles on, now who actually pays attention to the little lady while knee deep in a good mopar conversation? Thats what I thought haha

My wife reads all my mopar magizines and starts popping out facts, whats rare, whats right and whats wrong. GOD I LOVE HER, Truly I am Lucky

I'm lucky I guess, My wife points cars out as we drive down the road, is always open to buying another car (WE DON'T NEED) and anything that the cars need she is OK with spending the money on them.

Her 1st new car was a 68 GTX 440 auto, was good with a stick shift, wanted the electric cut outs on the dart

I don't understand the guys that are with women that don't enjoy anything with their spouse. Several of my friends have wifes' that NEVER do any car related stuff. Some have been married for a LONG TIME, I don't see how. having to buy parts and send to other peoples house so she doesn't find out, What kind of Crap is that.

My wife's the best:love7: She loves Mopars(and Pontiacs). She also has a pretty decent knowledge of cars. She can tell the difference between a rod knock and a lifter rattle. She can tell when the kickdown on a torqueflite needs adjusted. She can cold start a holley with no choke and keep it running. She can also detail a car like nobody's business. She even tells her co-workers what's wrong with their cars just by talking to them and is right about 90% of the time. Plus the car in my avatar is hers:-D

I got a goodun' too. The 66 in my avatar is actually her car, and she has done a remarkable amount of work to it. She loves to drive it and it fits her perfectly. She doesn't know everything about Mopars and will ask when she wants to know something, and sometimes she will say..."How do you remember all this stuff??? After working on her car for 15 years to get it where it is today I know pretty much every inch of it. I'm keepin' her just in case I get the clone machine up and running, so I can start selling copies of her to you fellas who need a good Mopar chick!!!LOL!!! Geof

-
Back