F**K YOU TAIWANESE/CHINESE MADE JUNK

-
You are wrong here. You can give every product Summit sells a review. I know I for one read them.

True, but a review might not impact their bottom line at all. Especially in this case, it will still be the cheapest option, and we all know there are people out there that will still buy the cheapest one and modify it if they have to.

A returned part they have to eat, so while it may a small impact on the bottom line it’s still an impact.

And let’s face it, all of this happens because of the money.

True, but a review might not impact their bottom line at all. Especially in this case, it will still be the cheapest option, and we all know there are people out there that will still buy the cheapest one and modify it if they have to.

A returned part they have to eat, so while it may a small impact on the bottom line it’s still an impact.

And let’s face it, all of this happens because of the money.

He probably fixed that in about five minutes or less. A lot a people don’t feel they are qualified to grab a grinder so if they read manual work is involved they will shy away from that product. I’ve had guys bring me stuff that takes less than a minute to fix. I port matched a plastic LS Chevy intake last year and hated to charge the guy to do it.

He probably fixed that in about five minutes or less. A lot a people don’t feel they are qualified to grab a grinder so if they read manual work is involved they will shy away from that product. I’ve had guys bring me stuff that takes less than a minute to fix. I port matched a plastic LS Chevy intake last year and hated to charge the guy to do it.

Exactly. And the company making them keeps on making them because they're still making money because we're doing their work for them.

Like I said, been there, done that. But if we're going to start a thread complaining about how all the parts are crap and nothing fits, we should stop buying $10 parts and modifying them to make them work.

Fix it and move on knowing you still saved money vs a part that would've actually fit, or actually return the damn thing. But then also don't be surprised if the company selling parts that actually fit stops making them because they're not selling anything.

To late for me. When I started this bad habit back in the 1970’s we either couldn’t afford it or they didn’t make it. Most of you guys don’t even know what an Oxy-weld kit was but you lite a one inch by three inch pellet and you could weld (braze) with it for 10 minutes. Light another pellet and go again. I bought a 1964 opel Kadet with a Fred Flintstone floor. Well it took a week but I brazed the whole floor in that junker. Lol. We were nuts but you had to get the job done. I ended up with the 50.00 I paid for it and another 50.00 to fix it.

To late for me. When I started this bad habit back in the 1970’s we either couldn’t afford it or they didn’t make it. Most of you guys don’t even know what an Oxy-weld kit was but you lite a one inch by three inch pellet and you could weld (braze) with it for 10 minutes. Light another pellet and go again. I bought a 1964 opel Kadet with a Fred Flintstone floor. Well it took a week but I brazed the whole floor in that junker. Lol. We were nuts but you had to get the job done. I ended up with the 50.00 I paid for it and another 50.00 to fix it.
My dad used one of those kits to do a lot of bodywork. I remember it but was too young to hold use it. I was head flashlight holder and go-fer though.

Any dimension on a blueprint are just a rough suggestion.
One of the places I worked at had random inventory/QC checks

Each day I had to pull 5 warehouse locations, and print out the blueprints, make sure the amounts are correct as they are in the inventory AND make sure they were in spec with the blueprints

Well, one day I print off a blueprint and on the bottom it reads 'revision A: print changed to match parts in stock'

Summit actually sells quite a few parts that are made in the USA, including under their Summit brand. They also list a “country of origin” right on the info page for the parts they sell, and most of their parts have a “made in the USA” icon right on the picture.

There are at least half a dozen thermostat housings for an LA engine that are made in the US listed on Summits website.

So the lowest bidder was you.
I think Summit actually tries to provide parts made in USA. That's a rarity these days.

One of the places I worked at had random inventory/QC checks

Each day I had to pull 5 warehouse locations, and print out the blueprints, make sure the amounts are correct as they are in the inventory AND make sure they were in spec with the blueprints

Well, one day I print off a blueprint and on the bottom it reads 'revision A: print changed to match parts in stock'

You gotta love that. Not.

Don't blame the Chinese, blame ourselves.
We get bad parts because we accept them. We have become a people who instead of demanding excellence, accept mediocrity. We'll spend $20 to make a bad $10 part work because we are afraid to expect to get what we paid for. We tolerate kids who can't spell or do basic math because we're afraid we'll offend someone. We make do with substandard products, and give participation trophies to everybody who are too lazy to do things right. We have become a "Nice Try" culture. We're willing to take a brand new set of heads to the machine shop to have shoddy manufacturing corrected, yet we mock people who expect a coherent post on a forum... Now we criticize people who expect better, and encourage substandard results and a lack of critical thinking.
Don't blame the Chinese (or anyone else, for that matter). You bought it, you kept it, you made inferior results acceptable.
Mods: Feel free to delete this post if you think it's too far into N&P's domain, but I think it has merit- and I tried to keep politics out of it.

We get bad parts because we accept them. We have become a people who instead of demanding excellence, accept mediocrity. We'll spend $20 to make a bad $10 part work because we are afraid to expect to get what we paid for. We tolerate kids who can't spell or do basic math because we're afraid we'll offend someone. We make do with substandard products, and give participation trophies to everybody who are too lazy to do things right. We have become a "Nice Try" culture. We're willing to take a brand new set of heads to the machine shop to have shoddy manufacturing corrected, yet we mock people who expect a coherent post on a forum... Now we criticize people who expect better, and encourage substandard results and a lack of critical thinking.
Don't blame the Chinese (or anyone else, for that matter). You bought it, you kept it, you made inferior results acceptable.
Mods: Feel free to delete this post if you think it's too far into N&P's domain, but I think it has merit- and I tried to keep politics out of it.

So are you saying if you spend 1000.00 more on a set on American made heads you can take them out of the box and bolt them on. Lol. Guess again. I see more issues on American made heads than I do the ones from offshore.

So are you saying if you spend 1000.00 more on a set on American made heads you can take them out of the box and bolt them on. Lol. Guess again. I see more issues on American made heads than I do the ones from offshore.
Nope. NEVER said that, and I agree with you.
I said that if you accept an inferior product, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

We get bad parts because we accept them.
True, but now more than half the time we have no choice, because of the decisions we and the greedy companies made in the past. I and many other other people like to blame china, because it's more fun that way, but I have seen and handled very high quality Chinese or Taiwanese made products before and they are not cheap, more like very expensive. But when we are buying something from the big common companies that we have been dealing with for decades, buying new car parts today is a dice roll sometimes.

He probably fixed that in about five minutes or less
It took like 30 seconds with the rotary tool, fitment is good now. It's not even worth my time to return it and buy another one when I can easily fix it that fast. Best thing I could do is tell Summit the problems and move on.

Best thing I could do is tell Summit the problems and move on.
Best? No. Easiest? Yes. I know time is money and we have to keep projects on track, but it ultimately will change nothing if we just accept it. Catch-22, and they know it.

And yet, you are still going to use that piece of s*** Chinese chrome housing. :rolleyes:

You know there are real quality options out there.

Along the subject...
The Chinese are slowly screwing us. Either driving us bonkers with stupid translated directions or crappy chinesium parts.
Oh, and sending over the SPY balloons ...lmao.
Couldn't agree more! I got a canopy from Amazon a while back and decided to put it up for the 4th. Opened the carry case, removed the contents, and the instructions are drawings, and not very good ones at that. This country is flooded with Chinese products, makes it hard to find anything made in the USA.

Junk isn’t country specific. Costco lunch bags for cat poo. One out of twenty they skip the glue.

IMG_1813.jpeg

Couldn't agree more! I got a canopy from Amazon a while back and decided to put it up for the 4th. Opened the carry case, removed the contents, and the instructions are drawings, and not very good ones at that. This country is flooded with Chinese products, makes it hard to find anything made in the USA.
Chinese products are funny like that sometimes, the translation to engrish on the instructions can be hilarious too sometimes.

Chinese products are funny like that sometimes, the translation to engrish on the instructions can be hilarious too sometimes.
If the instructions are mangled, you can be pretty sure that the entire operation is offshore, and they don't give a crap about any customers. In my experience, US companies that manufacture overseas also provide all the manuals, either physically, or the PDFs so they can be printed locally to save shipping costs. My old company has engineering and manufacturing facilities across the globe, but we also have a tech writing department with several dozen writers to handle documentation of the products. Those documents get translated in a dozen or more languages. I have to say that they did a pretty good job of writing them and having been in field service and development Quality, I was involved in reviewing hundreds of manuals, tech notes, and internal documentation before publication.

^^^ You are off subject, lets talk about Chineeze food!!!!!
If a Mopar ain't leaking...then maybe it NOT a Mopar!!!!
Happy Fourth of July...all!!
Used to be good friends with a Thai Chef. It beats China food hands down. Yes some of it is questionable as to what's in it. I am a Coonass so we eat anything so not a problem what it is made of.
Just never ask for it Hot. Even a Cajun thinks damm to hot.

Summit actually sells quite a few parts that are made in the USA, including under their Summit brand. They also list a “country of origin” right on the info page for the parts they sell, and most of their parts have a “made in the USA” icon right on the picture.

There are at least half a dozen thermostat housings for an LA engine that are made in the US listed on Summits website.

So the lowest bidder was you.

The castings in this case are (and the dies to create them) were more than likely made in China but in order to be able to list any part as "Made in the USA" it has to be finished and readied for sale in the US. For this housing that means the holes were likely drilled in the US and point-of-sale packaging was completed here. This a common "model" for importing parts and getting around the "Made in China" wording.

If the instructions are mangled, you can be pretty sure that the entire operation is offshore, and they don't give a crap about any customers.
True, even when you buy parts from the local autopart store instead of online you still find manufactures that don't care about quality or customers, check out this voltage regulator that did not fit at all.
Clipped_image_20240706_103542.png

And here is the Motorcraft regulator
Clipped_image_20240706_103750.png

Not only was the mounting plate not cut correctly so it would not fit and clear the rotor, but hole for the pin to hold the brushes in was drilled in the wrong spot. This is something you can buy from the autoparts store and the manufacturer does not give a **** and they won't correct it, or at least at that time.

BTW, my dumb@$$ did not want to wait, so I filed it to fit and drilled the hole in the correct spot. It was a complete waste of time, because it stopped working after one or two minutes later.

Last edited:
-
Back