FABO Court

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony you take it as scolding but you agreed where it was sposed to be cut.
Sounds like your pride is hurt. Mistakes happen, call it constructive criticism.
Ive met Denny in person and sold him some stuff no issues.
Your shipping is cheaper there than here, but only $25 for a firewall in one piece? Thats frickin cheap
I'm all for constructive criticism..that was not it.
As for the price? About 20 pounds going 2 states in a form fitting package. $25 is about right

My question would be why would it cost more to send it back? Not even a little more but almost 2.5 times more? Something isn't right.

Unless:
A. Whitepunk gets a discount on shipping parts (in which case he should just pay for the shipping label and email it to Hemi to affix to his package)
or
B. Hemi isn't using the same carrier. (there can be quite the difference in USPS vs Fedex or UPS

In my opinion, if white is offering to take it back and pay for shipping, he is doing more than enough to make a buyer happy.

lets start with this...read the whole thing....I am sure you will see another side of this.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/conversations/firewall.29004/.

on shipping....I re-packaged the firewall exactly how it was shipped to me....took it to USPS (because that is how it came to me)
after the wonderful 10 minute wait in line holding a boxed up firewall....the postmaster tells me it is $67-68....I showed the postmaster the label I took off the package ($25.50) and he replied that he had NO IDEA how it got shipped to me for that.

I went straight to UPS (where I normally ship my K frames)....$190 and some change.....then I PMed to find out what he wanted me to do next... I thought maybe he might want to send me a label...or???? but that is when things turned for the worse.

I ship a lot of parts also....all over the world. shipping something as big as a firewall is not cheap. I do not have any idea how he gets them shipped thsat cheap....doesn't matter to me....the price we agreed to was with shipping. It did not matter if it was $10...or $100. I still paid the same.

lets start with this...read the whole thing....I am sure you will see another side of this.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/conversations/firewall.29004/.

on shipping....I re-packaged the firewall exactly how it was shipped to me....took it to USPS (because that is how it came to me)
after the wonderful 10 minute wait in line holding a boxed up firewall....the postmaster tells me it is $67-68....I showed the postmaster the label I took off the package ($25.50) and he replied that he had NO IDEA how it got shipped to me for that.

I went straight to UPS (where I normally ship my K frames)....$190 and some change.....then I PMed to find out what he wanted me to do next... I thought maybe he might want to send me a label...or???? but that is when things turned for the worse.

I ship a lot of parts also....all over the world. shipping something as big as a firewall is not cheap. I do not have any idea how he gets them shipped thsat cheap....doesn't matter to me....the price we agreed to was with shipping. It did not matter if it was $10...or $100. I still paid the same.
Denny, put in that PayPal claim. I'll be sure to let them know as soon as it is in my hands. That is how you left off with me, and that is how we will do it.

Here is the deal....

I was very specific on where I wanted it cut....and agreed to pay EXTRA for the additional material.

for starters......you could NOT even follow shipping directions. The (LARGE) package was to be shipped to a body shop close to my shop....not my home.

additionally.... I could see by the size of the package YOU did not cut where we had agreed.

I think what happened.....(a week or so AFTER you received my $$$$)

a) you simply forgot
b) you just did it the way you wanted regardless of my specific request and additional amount I paid.

either way...the screw up is on you.

you are the one that got pissy......I maintained (and always will) a firm, but business-like attitude. You....not so much. And In MY world. I am NOT paying for your mistakes.

the silly part is...... it would have worked perfectly IF you just did what we agreed and I paid for.

I'm all for constructive criticism..that was not it.
As for the price? About 20 pounds going 2 states in a form fitting package. $25 is about right

but with (most) things, especially shipping.....size matters.....roughly 68" x 20"x 6"

so, if i get this straight, you are willing to take the part back, and offer a full refund ONCE you receive the part back ?
you have proof, sorry, HE has proof on what you paid for shipping, but he wants more then that to ship it back ?

odd

I do not want a penny more...... USPS does ....imagine the looks I got from the people in line behind me as I discussed (for several minutes) the fact that I had the label with the price to ship it with me and showed him where I peeled it from.

So then because you cannot get USPS to ship for the same price.........how is that Tony's fault?

Here is the deal....

I was very specific on where I wanted it cut....and agreed to pay EXTRA for the additional material.

for starters......you could NOT even follow shipping directions. The (LARGE) package was to be shipped to a body shop close to my shop....not my home.

additionally.... I could see by the size of the package YOU did not cut where we had agreed.

I think what happened.....(a week or so AFTER you received my $$$$)

a) you simply forgot
b) you just did it the way you wanted regardless of my specific request and additional amount I paid.

either way...the screw up is on you.

you are the one that got pissy......I maintained (and always will) a firm, but business-like attitude. You....not so much. And In MY world. I am NOT paying for your mistakes.

the silly part is...... it would have worked perfectly IF you just did what we agreed and I paid for.

OK, let's do the math. I sell these parts all the time.
The firewall, cut from inner fender to inner fender, as listed in the ad-
$100
You also got, outer foot well patch panels that go for $40 each-
$80
Hinge pillar filler panels $40 each
$80
Upper inner fender braces $20 each-
$40
I killed two inner fender patch panels which would have gone for between $40 and $75 EACH, and a cowl..$100-$125.
YOU PAID $180 TOTAL, SHIPPED.
Tell me how you got taken advanantage of on this deal.
As for it being cut wrong, my mistake..I never disputed it.
You could have just asked me for the metal I had neglected to include, and I would have sent it the next day, and I would have eaten the shipping on it.
There are a hundred guys on here that will vouch that I would have more than made up for my mistake had you not approached me the way you did.

I did ask you....even said please....(see above or the actual post)...how much sugar-coat do you need?

then you got pissy...... I guess should have asked for "customer service"

So then because you cannot get USPS to ship for the same price.........how is that Tony's fault?

not my screw-up all the way around. as stated, I took it to the same shipper packaged AS RECEIVED.....and FYI, USPS DOES NOT negotiate.

I guess if I was in the middle of this, I would offer to split the shipping to send the piece back! I would also, and in fact probably will, only list things for sale that I have already cut out! That way the buyer is looking at exactly what is being offered for sale! There is a solution between you both that can be reached without pride, or hard feelings getting in the way, or at least I hope so!!

That's all I got!!! :)

not my screw-up all the way around. as stated, I took it to the same shipper packaged AS RECEIVED.....and FYI, USPS DOES NOT negotiate.

How does that answer my question? USPS would have shipped for the same price for me or the cops wouldda had to drag me off. It's not Tony's fault. Making the wrong cut is. He offered a full refund. What more can he do? I wouldn't pay the extra shipping either.

I'm sure you can settle this. Both good men and good for the Mopar trades. Split the freight difference and move on. Tony loses more but its over. I'm a customer of Tony's and will say never anything but the best dealings.
Dan

OK, let's do the math. I sell these parts all the time.
The firewall, cut from inner fender to inner fender, as listed in the ad-
$100
You also got, outer foot well patch panels that go for $40 each-
$80
Hinge pillar filler panels $40 each
$80
Upper inner fender braces $20 each-
$40
I killed two inner fender patch panels which would have gone for between $40 and $75 EACH, and a cowl..$100-$125.
YOU PAID $180 TOTAL, SHIPPED.
Tell me how you got taken advanantage of on this deal.
As for it being cut wrong, my mistake..I never disputed it.
You could have just asked me for the metal I had neglected to include, and I would have sent it the next day, and I would have eaten the shipping on it.
There are a hundred guys on here that will vouch that I would have more than made up for my mistake had you not approached me the way you did.

NO I did not receive the above
......did you cut this... or have someone else do it????

you did NOT cut at the inner fender....you cut next to the firewall....you did not even get close to the inner fender
you cut the inner fender braces making them useless.
there are NO hinge filler panels....once again, it was cut next to the firewall

do not cry to me about the math......you MADE the deal.

kinda makes me think you choose option 2....once you had my money, you did it your way...... regardless of what I paid you for.

The ONLY thing I asked for is what WE agreed on and what I paid for.

How does that answer my question? USPS would have shipped for the same price for me or the cops wouldda had to drag me off. It's not Tony's fault. Making the wrong cut is. He offered a full refund. What more can he do? I wouldn't pay the extra shipping either.

Better call the cops then....stomping your foot and holding your breath....or acting like a tuff guy doesn't work at my post office....just the way it is.

so RRR....I am suppose to eat it???? nice try.

NO I did not receive the above
......did you cut this... or have someone else do it????

you did NOT cut at the inner fender....you cut next to the firewall....you did not even get close to the inner fender
you cut the inner fender braces making them useless.
there are NO hinge filler panels....once again, it was cut next to the firewall

do not cry to me about the math......you MADE the deal.

kinda makes me think you choose option 2....once you had my money, you did it your way...... regardless of what I paid you for.

The ONLY thing I asked for is what WE agreed on and what I paid for.
Why don't you post pictures of the firewall as I sent it.
All of those parts I listed were sacrificed to cut it the way I interpreted you wanted it. There are at least sections of each accounted for on it.

Better call the cops then....stomping your foot and holding your breath....or acting like a tuff guy doesn't work at my post office....just the way it is.

so RRR....I am suppose to eat it???? nice try.

Either eat it or find cheaper shipping. So he made the cut wrong. He offered a full refund. Now whose gettin pissy here? No need to insult me just because I disagree with you. I think I am seeing Tony's side of the story a lot clearer now.

Well before passing judgement on either side, let's see evidence.

A: post the PMs.
B: post pics of the item(s)
C: post pics of the label showing shipping cost.

And then maybe we third party folks can get an idea of what actually took place. As a trained investigator, there's usually at least 3 sides to every story.

Person As side, person B's side and somewhere in the middle is usually the truth/actually what happened.

Hey RRR....I am open to suggestions on cheaper freight. The return freight is on him....not me.

and BTW.....you are accusing me of up-charging the freight....not cool

Well.
"I usually don't respond to post like this".......
Here goes.
It gets very deep into the weeds about whether or not the metal was correct.
My eyes are crossing.
So let's not go there.
(Although I think WPON said he cut it not to specifications. But regardless of that.)

I don't think there is going to be a resolution to this that will make both happy.
So like King Soloman and two previous objective people, I think return postage (baby) in should be split in half. Whatever it is.
Here's why.
When a person is dissatisfied with an item from any retailer, I have to eat the postage to me.
I accept that.
They usually pay return shipping.
And shipping to HD seemed very cheap.
I'd eat the 25 dollars just to inspect the item.

Well.
"I usually don't respond to post like this".......
Here goes.
It gets very deep into the weeds about whether or not the metal was correct.
My eyes are crossing.
So let's not go there.
(Although I think WPON said he cut it not to specifications. But regardless of that.)

I don't think there is going to be a resolution to this that will make both happy.
So like King Soloman and two previous objective people, I think return postage (baby) in should be split in half. Whatever it is.
Here's why.
When a person is dissatisfied with an item from any retailer, I have to eat the postage to me.
I accept that.
They usually pay return shipping.
And shipping to HD seemed very cheap.
I'd eat the 25 dollars just to inspect the item.
What gets me is that a guy who calls himself " Hemi" anything can get pissy about a few bucks in shipping.

Well before passing judgement on either side, let's see evidence.

A: post the PMs.
B: post pics of the item(s)
C: post pics of the label showing shipping cost.

And then maybe we third party folks can get an idea of what actually took place. As a trained investigator, there's usually at least 3 sides to every story.

Person As side, person B's side and somewhere in the middle is usually the truth/actually what happened.

here the link...enjoy
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/conversations/firewall.29004/

the firewall is re-wrapped for return in its ORIGINAL packaging........ to repackage it is a half hour job.

the cost he paid to ship it to me is not in question....$25.50...my postmaster does NOT know how he gets a package that size shipped for so little.....I do not either. I do know that USPS want $68 to ship it back. USPS does not negotiate....if you know a cheaper way (like around $25....I'm all ears)

put it in YOUR shipping calculator and let me know what you get.

Ok- I'll pay the difference tell me how much and where to send it. If that is not satisfactory, I'll pay the complete shipping give me an address and total. Both of you guys are good guys lets don't shoot each other in the foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back