FABO Court

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
here the link...enjoy
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/conversations/firewall.29004/

the firewall is re-wrapped for return in its ORIGINAL packaging........ to repackage it is a half hour job.

the cost he paid to ship it to me is not in question....$25.50...my postmaster does NOT know how he gets a package that size shipped for so little.....I do not either. I do know that USPS want $68 to ship it back. USPS does not negotiate....if you know a cheaper way (like around $25....I'm all ears)

put it in YOUR shipping calculator and let me know what you get.
Link doesn't work.

link works for me...maybe that is why they call it a "private message"

I dont think helps man.
make me grin a little....and as of now, could use it.

long story short boys.......

We had a problem....and I felt like I was was told to FO and deal with it....so I will.

I am not the one that started this thread....his call, I think it was a mistake and told him so, but he couldn't wait.....so be it.

We had a problem....and I felt like I was was told to FO and deal with it....so I will.

I am not the one that started this thread....his call, I think it was a mistake and told him so, but he couldn't wait.....so be it.
Good luck.

I never told you to **** off.
I will stand by my offer to pay what I did for return shipping.
Its not my fault you have the Dudley DoRight of postal clerks.
The way it was measured for me was at the center, not the ends. Half the thickness. I wrapped it in a very specific way to get that measurement.

I'll chip in some bucks to make up the difference if it'll help get this done!!!

I never told you to **** off.
I will stand by my offer to pay what I did for return shipping.
Its not my fault you have the Dudley DoRight of postal clerks.
The way it was measured for me was at the center, not the ends. Half the thickness. I wrapped it in a very specific way to get that measurement.

I will take you up on that.

it will be in the mail tomorrow.....I will even try the USPS in the town nearby. maybe I can get the clerk to keep his thumb off the scale.

BTW...for me...they measured AROUND it at the thickest portion....like you would measure your waist....and the length

nice offer....but `(IMO) it quit being about $$$$ a long time ago
No offense but from my chair here, that's exactly what it appears to be about. Or am I missing something?

I will take you up on that.

it will be in the mail tomorrow.....I will even try the USPS in the town nearby. maybe I can get the clerk to keep his thumb off the scale.

BTW...for me...they measured AROUND it at the thickest portion....like you would measure your waist....and the length
Then they measured it wrong altogether. They measured as circumference, as you would with an oval or round shape. They should have measured it lenght-width, height..and the height is open to interpretation.
BTW, save the trip tomorrow, its election day.

Then they measured it wrong altogether. They measured as circumference, as you would with an oval or round shape. They should have measured it lenght-width, height..and the height is open to interpretation.

And therein lies the issue, as I have seen it before. Evidently, it depends on the PO. If you get a gung ho, died in the wool, you are using his money guy at the PO, he will measure it to make the most for the PO, even if it's not SOP.

If you get a regular guy, they measure it so you don't get killed on cost.

Try using the USPS to ship guns. I can tell you horror stories.

Bummer guys. It's truly a USPS deal. The government can't even do what it is Constitutionally authorized to do.

will do.......thanks for the tip.

it is hard for me to argue with the postal clerk because I have no idea what the SOP is (I do at UPS)....it appeared to be a lost cause /no win (just like with the wife). The more I talked....the more expensive it was.

will do.......thanks for the tip.

it is hard for me to argue with the postal clerk because I have no idea what the SOP is (I do at UPS)....it appeared to be a lost cause /no win (just like with the wife). The more I talked....the more expensive it was.

Yup. And if you piss them off, you'll have to go to another PO or they will hammer you in the poorer just because they can.

Glad its getting resolved. I know if I tried to ship a firewall here for that the clerk would be asking me for a Dutch Rudder again...

FYI, I've been involved in Pay Pal disputes in the past from both sides as a disgruntled buyer and once as a seller. Each time their finding for a solution was the same. The buyer ships the item back to the seller at which time the seller refunds the cost of the item plus shipping one way!

Yup. And if you piss them off, you'll have to go to another PO or they will hammer you in the poorer just because they can.
Yep. And this is why I messed with them back. Had a dick for PO clerk. So since I had an accurate to the gram shipping scale. I'd melt down lead bars and when cool, filled a large flat rate box full of them, right to 74 lbs. Limit is 75. Boy was that worth the 18 bucks. After a while, he started being nice so I started shipping in small flat rate boxes.

I do not want a penny more...... USPS does ....imagine the looks I got from the people in line behind me as I discussed (for several minutes) the fact that I had the label with the price to ship it with me and showed him where I peeled it from.
Understood
I didn't mean to make it sound like your trying to do more then break even
I just thought it was odd...but then again, USPS just delivered a package of 2 14x6 rims I bought from Tony
Shipping cost? 25.50

Understood
I didn't mean to make it sound like your trying to do more then break even
I just thought it was odd...but then again, USPS just delivered a package of 2 14x6 rims I bought from Tony
Shipping cost? 25.50

odd indeed...exactly the same as the firewall
must get the flat rate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back